Mothering Forum banner

Gobble Gobble...its November on the westsiiiiiiide!

10K views 580 replies 32 participants last post by  KateMary 
#1 ·
What? Its November already?!!?
:

It would be fun to have a theme this month, maybe we could all post a little somethin somethin about the things that we are thankful for in our lives. I know that I need to be reminded of them on those days when nothing seems to make sense. Or when the kids have had to much caaaaaandy and are bouncing off the walls. thank you Halloween
:

Speaking of, here are some pictures from our night last night:

The girls in their monkey pants

Rowan says "are we gonna get some candy or what?!!?"

Sophia says "hahahaha!! Of course we are going to eat it all tonight!"

Killian getting ready....somehow i never got full pics of him, he was an Army man.

Post your halloween costume pictures if you have em!

and...last months thread is here

See less See more
#2 ·
Playdate Schedule, Please sign up for a week to host
I know that we have talked in the past about which days are better and such, I vaguely remember Thursday and Fridays being good, but whatever day you would like to host the week you are doing it is great!!!!!!

November....

Week of the 5th..... Playdate scheduled at Flitters House November 6th 10:30 am

Week of the 12th...... JANNA

Week of the 19th....... Ellie THUR OR FRI 10:00 too early? Like 10-1

Week of the 26th........ Kate... 29th. 10:30 am to probably 2 pm at the latest.

December

Week of the 3rd..... Claudia, probably tues dec 4th around 11am-ish until 2pm-ish. feel free to bring lunch for you and kidlets!

Week of the 10th....

Week of the 17th.......

#3 ·
NAK

OMG the girls are beautiful

and killy is looking mighty sweet too!

How was it? Fun by all Im sure

We bagged on TRT and we only got one kiddo at the door
I miss the old days, sigh

Kate

Thank you thank you!!!! Sometimes I feel alone in my anxiety and think Im building it up in my head so its nice to hear that others had it and that it goes away.... Funny you mentioned the fruit snack, Otis has a thing for keys so in a pinch I let him toddle back to the car with keys in hand so that he will just GO back, I felt bad about using a bribe, for a second, and then quickly got over it. Mama needs help sometimes.

Sorry bout the sleep issues and no down time. I treasure the evenings when the boys are asleep and jack and I can veg.

Arywn....

Any luck with a new place?

What Im thankful for......

Jack came home yesterday and I told him I needed some help.... He promptly did two loads of dishes and five loads of laundry and gave me a back rub before bed

I love/am thankful that we have found our rhythm......

Im thankful for slobbery wet baby kisses ( we have our first tooth
:
:
)

And for walks with oats by ourselves to bond and talk and play.....

#4 ·
Hey guys, I need some help/advice/support/something. I am having a hard time at home these days because Malia is totally on the move and I can't keep her out of stuff. She picks up anything she can find, stickers, small toys, wood chips, carpet fuzz, and puts it in her mouth. I can't tell you some of the things I've found her chewing on. Why oh why do big kids toys have so many small parts. I have toys for her but she is far more interested in crawling underneath the table to look for scraps of food the kids have dropped or wedging herself between the couch and the fireplace to suck on electrical cords. I have not been able to do any housekeeping since we got back from our trip because watching her is all I do, so the place is a mess, and thus, all the more stuff she can get into. Anyhow, it's driving me crazy. Dh is starting a new job on Monday, that's the other thing that's been stressing me out because I've gotten so used to having him around. And I'm worried about my mom. Her health isn't very good, she refuses to see a doctor and she's been talking about wanting to die. And on top of it, Malia didn't sleep last night hardly at all, it may be teething (poor thing doesn't have any teeth yet) or an ear infection (she was pulling on her ears).

So there's my rant for the morning.

Kate -- If you still have it for me, let me know when I can get the Leap Frog thing from you. Maybe some new toys will keep her from climbing on the furniture....

#5 ·
hey guys, i need advice. Matthews birthday is this friday, and since mine is also this month, we are going to go out to dinner (without kids
) on Friday to celebrate. We wanted to go to a McMenamins, but dont know which is better: the Cornelius Pass Road House, or the Grand Lodge in Forest Grove? Has anyone been to either and can you give me your opinion please?
: we dont want anything fancy, or super spendy, just a good beer, food, and maybe a game of pool. we probably wont know what to do with ourselves sans kids anyways

Also....does anyone have (loooong shot, i know) any tree branches that are between 2 and 6 inches thick? I need some
Can you guys pretty please keep your eyes out for maybe neighbors cutting down trees or something? Thanks much
:

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rowan-zilla View Post
hey guys, i need advice. Matthews birthday is this friday, and since mine is also this month, we are going to go out to dinner (without kids
) on Friday to celebrate. We wanted to go to a McMenamins, but dont know which is better: the Cornelius Pass Road House, or the Grand Lodge in Forest Grove? Has anyone been to either and can you give me your opinion please?
: we dont want anything fancy, or super spendy, just a good beer, food, and maybe a game of pool. we probably wont know what to do with ourselves sans kids anyways

Also....does anyone have (loooong shot, i know) any tree branches that are between 2 and 6 inches thick? I need some
Can you guys pretty please keep your eyes out for maybe neighbors cutting down trees or something? Thanks much
:
Janna....

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the grand lodge, theres a little bar downstairs that has pool, the grounds are beautiful and the walls are painted and so great. Just awesome to look at and be around.

Im so happy for you guys that you are getting some time together without the monkeys! Good for you! So yeah I vote for the grand lodge!!!!!

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by buffybutt View Post
OMG the girls are beautiful

and killy is looking mighty sweet too!

How was it? Fun by all Im sure

it was fun! The girls got scared at the 3rd house we went to, cause it had all kinds of noises, and a fog machine, and lights and scary stuff.
We should have skipped that one, and ended up skipping all others with scary things, just in case. Killian loved taking the girls up to the door, and he got lots of compliments on his outfit, and we got lots of oohs and ahhhs about how cute the little monkies were. Killian got almost a full bucket, which of course excited him beyond belief. rowan supplemented her bucket with rocks and leaves
I guess all those nature walks filling her bucket with twigs and such stuck in her mind. she ate a peanut butter cup, and looooved it. mom and dad will help with the rest of it

thats sad that you didnt get any trick or treaters
I am excited for when the kids are too old to go anymore, and matthew and i can stay home and hand out candy. I love seeing all the cute costumes!!

#8 ·
Quote:

:
I might have some branches for ya. We need to cut down some branches that are hanging over our roof, but I don't know how thick they are. Hopefully we'll get around to trimming them next week if you're interested.

My neighborhood seriously lacked Halloween spirit...none of the houses on our court were decorated- not even a pumpkin! and we only got 4 trick or treaters...oh well more candy for me I guess.

#13 ·
The places we've liked in LO and Tigard have gone already - we're waiting to hear back from one in SW about the dogs. There are a couple that will take us, one just down the street (about a mile) from here, but we'd really been hoping to either 1) pay less or 2) live closer.

Aw crap there was other stuff I wanted to respond to, but I gotta go.

Oh - Minta, do you babywear? It's the only way we get anything done around here. Keeps the kid off the ground and content while we can be (need to be!) mobile, doing laundry and dishes &c.

#14 ·
Quote:

We bagged on TRT and we only got one kiddo at the door
I miss the old days, sigh

i thought i had only a few with 10-15... we know some people who get 100+. there were kids glad to see that SOMEONE on our street was home.

[quote[Funny you mentioned the fruit snack, Otis has a thing for keys so in a pinch I let him toddle back to the car with keys in hand so that he will just GO back, I felt bad about using a bribe, for a second, and then quickly got over it. Mama needs help sometimes.

[/QUOTE]
that's not bribery, that's distraction...

#15 ·
Minta, I second the babywearing tip, I know you were asking for advice for a back carry in the ergo and I can show you how to do it soon. Or look up the directions on their website and try it over the couch or bed. I do have that music table for you too. Try to remember that the mouthy stage doesn't last too long, at least it never did for my two. Maybe a few weeks and they start to realize that they can explore with their hands and eyes. I also don't worry so much about small things now as I did with Ruby. Lots of times Nora will put something in her mouth and move it around a bit and spit it out. I think some exploration teaches them to test something out and not swallow it. I remember the rule that nothing that fits through a toilet paper roll should be anywhere near a baby and I think that is so dumb, that rules out some toys even meant for a baby.

And I know what you mean about dh's in and out of work. We have gone through so many transitions like that this past year. And we go through it every Monday morning too. Its a big adjustment to having daddy around all the time when they are out of work, and then again when they are not around as much. I personally like my space during the week, out of work daddy equals more than just financial stress around here.

I am thankful for coffee. Of course I am thankful for other things too but I hold a special place in my heart for coffee. It gets me through the day. I am actually trying to cut down right now and its hard.

Okay my halloween pics are up on my blog.

#16 ·
So in my efforts to make this up coming move as smooth as possible for jack..( Im having no part in the moving, gonna go away for the weekend
just wishful thinking, blah blah blah) anyway I have been getting rid of stuff.

My Point being..... I have those infant prefolds for you Aimee and since this new little bean will be showing his face in the "near" future... I was wondering, is there anything that you need for him? Or want

Been thinking of ya!!!!

#17 ·
Quote:

My Point being..... I have those infant prefolds for you Aimee and since this new little bean will be showing his face in the "near" future... I was wondering, is there anything that you need for him? Or want

Been thinking of ya!!!!
I'd love the pf's and any other cd you don't want anymore, ummm...any homebirthing stuff that was extra, I'm not picky and not too much help either am I?

#18 ·
jumping on the new thread

Arwyn are you specifically looking to rent only a house? or would a townhouse or apartment due?? I have seen a couple townhouse/apts to rent around here in Tualatin...I dont know if that is too far south for you though. The complex we live in takes dogs and has vacancy right now too. we are paying 1150 for a 3 bedroom 2 bath place and its almost 1200 sq ft.

Thankfullness...
I get to celebrate twice...just did Canadian thanksgiving a few weeks ago...and I have American thanksgiving to look forward to still.

I am so thankful that we took the risk and finally made the move to Oregon.
I am also thankful that we havent quite yet spent all of our savings despite the fact that since Aug. 17 we have only had one paycheck.

On a sillier note...I am thankful that my youngest agreed to dress up and had the best halloween of his life!

For pics...click on the blog link in my siggy

(WARNING...SOME PICS OF MY DH AND DS ARE GORY AND SCARY...DONT LET ANY LITTLE CHILDREN or squeamish adults LOOK AT THEM!!)

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Momma2DoubleCuties View Post
I'd love the pf's and any other cd you don't want anymore, ummm...any homebirthing stuff that was extra, I'm not picky and not too much help either am I?

Sweet! Got some cd stuff for you!!! But ummm baby shopping is fun... so I meant new stuff too
Come on mama, give me so ideas!!!!!

Sher.... Were glad your here too! And I love the pics!!! Was it a great time for you too?

#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by CameronsMama View Post
I might have some branches for ya. We need to cut down some branches that are hanging over our roof, but I don't know how thick they are. Hopefully we'll get around to trimming them next week if you're interested.
Cameronsmama i would LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! Please PM me when you would want me to come pick them up. THANK YOU!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momma2DoubleCuties View Post

tsk tsk Aimee. I agree with Angie, you must need/want other things!! I havent bought new baby things in a loooooong time, and you must not deprive me of the fun
so come on, whatcha need? Onsies? Nursing supplies? Clothes? Blankets? spill it
:

and....I have a job opportunity, that i will probably interview for today at 4:45, please please please send me good vibes around then if you can. i really want this

#23 ·
Quote:

Cameronsmama i would LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! Please PM me when you would want me to come pick them up. THANK YOU!!!

tsk tsk Aimee. I agree with Angie, you must need/want other things!! I havent bought new baby things in a loooooong time, and you must not deprive me of the fun
so come on, whatcha need? Onsies? Nursing supplies? Clothes? Blankets? spill it
:

and....I have a job opportunity, that i will probably interview for today at 4:45, please please please send me good vibes around then if you can. i really want this

Its never too soon to send dust mama friend! Spill the beans! Tell us what it is

And

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATTHEW

Inbox is cleaned out ladies

#24 ·
Quote:

Its never too soon to send dust mama friend! Spill the beans! Tell us what it is

And

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATTHEW

Inbox is cleaned out ladies
its working at a horse ranch place. I am so so so hoping i get it. like....a lot.

thanks for the matthew birthday wishes! Rowan and I are leaving soon to surprise him at work with cupcakes and cookies for him and his reps. I ate two cookies already though. dont tell

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MorganRiley View Post
jumping on the new thread

Arwyn are you specifically looking to rent only a house? or would a townhouse or apartment due?? I have seen a couple townhouse/apts to rent around here in Tualatin...I dont know if that is too far south for you though. The complex we live in takes dogs and has vacancy right now too. we are paying 1150 for a 3 bedroom 2 bath place and its almost 1200 sq ft.
We really need a back yard for our German Shepherd. (We waaaaaay too bad about walking him to do without.
Plus our poodle goes out to pee about 8bazillion times a night (2-6), and ain't no way we getting dressed and putting him on a leash for that. Tualatin might be OK, though.

Along those lines, if anyone can send me info about renter's agents or real estate agents, I'd really appreciate it. I even have room in my PM box.

Quote:

:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.