Mothering Forum banner

Afterschool activities for Kindergartener in North Tempe

376 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  baileygirl 
#1 ·
My daughter and I need friends and fun. Its time for afterschool activities! We tried to start a Daisy Troop in our area but there wasn't enough people interested. Sooooo.... any suggestions? I am thinking maybe a dance class (ballet/tap) one day a week and one other activity 1 day a week. I have googled till my computer whimpered and I can;t seem to find anything in our area that is suitable. (North Tempe/South Scottsdale) Suggestions?

#3 ·
Thanks for the tip. We always look forward to getting that brochure. Usually the classes for 5 year olds are during the morning though. And 6+ get the afternoon schedules. I'll keep a look out for it though. Any other suggestions?

#4 ·
You might want to check out Herberger College (ASU), they have some classes (music, dance, theater, art, etc). I took a quick look at their schedule and saw that they offer Kindermusik for 4-6 year olds from 1-2 (Tues) or 4-5 (Thurs). I believe they also offer dance classes in the afternoon for 6+ (says for homeschoolders). There are several music places in this area, so you might look into that for your daugher. I have taken tennis thru Tempe Parks and Rec and think it is a great program, I am pretty certain they have lessons for your daughter's age in the later afternoon.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.