Any NYC, Westchester, Fairfield mamas who can donate milk? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 11-13-2007, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all. Some of you may know that Mightymama is currently fighting breast cancer, and is unable to nurse her 2 month old little boy. Her family has asked for milk donations. I am in lower Westchester county, about 1 hour from where they live, and have started pumping to make some milk to bring to the family. I was thinking that if there is another local mom who had some milk to give, maybe we could get together to drive together, or take turns driving to make it a more efficient process. Since I hadn't been pumping lately (DS won't take expressed milk anymore), I figure it will be a week or two until I have enough to be worth the trip.

Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 11-13-2007, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi BusyBee,

I have a lot of milk in my freezer that I will never use- and I'm still adding to it. My boy has never taken a bottle. I would be so happy to donate this milk to someone that needs it! I don't, however, have a car and have the most hectic schedule from now until the 28th.
Is there anyone else in NYC that wants to donate? I could arrange to bring it somewhere in the city (I'm in Brooklyn).
Bless you for organizing this, BB. I am sure that Mightymama's family will appreciate more than they can express.
#3 of 7 Old 11-15-2007, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

[QUOTE=eccomi;9718301]
Is there anyone else in NYC that wants to donate? I could arrange to bring it somewhere in the city (I'm in Brooklyn).
[QUOTE]

Is getting to Grand Central do-able for you? I go to Hunter and commute in on Metro North. My DH is also in the city a lot, and often drives (he works in central park & there is a parking lot). You can PM me to discuss details! I'm sure we can work something out over the next couple of weeks.

#4 of 7 Old 11-16-2007, 06:58 PM

I have about 12 oz or so in the freezer...I tried pumping to donate to another mama then found out the reason I was getting so little was I was pregnant...LOL. It's not much but she is more than welcome to it! (I'm in Staten Island) If someone in the area is bringing a more substantial amount, I'd love to add mine to it!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#5 of 7 Old 11-17-2007, 04:09 PM

I'm right next to the TZ Bridge on the Rockland side, I'm happy to pump a bit everyday and meet you in Westchester to give you what I've stored up.
#6 of 7 Old 11-17-2007, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogautumn View Post
I'm right next to the TZ Bridge on the Rockland side, I'm happy to pump a bit everyday and meet you in Westchester to give you what I've stored up.
That sounds great! I'm going to touch base with the mama who is coordinating milk donation to see what would be the best timing, etc.
#7 of 7 Old 11-26-2007, 01:20 AM

If you guys haven't gone yet, I could add quite a bit from my freezer as well as try to get a bit more pumped. I'm in Brooklyn and could come to Grand
Central or Hunter (I used to be a Hunter student too!) I have at least 40 oz or so, dating from October mostly. DS is 3.5 mos and just doesn't seem to be into expressed milk so much! Let me know!

mama to my little lion, Ariel since 10 Aug 2007
all about love

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page