Fort Collins? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-16-2007, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone live in or around Fort Collins? My DH and I are looking to move to Colorado in 3yrs and have started researching areas. We want land to build, a midwife nearby so I can finish apprenticing, hopefully organic stores, a smaller town, and lots of outdoor activites. Fort Collins sounded nice, anyone know anything about it or have suggestions for another area?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 12-04-2007, 11:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have done a lot of research on the town. Low crime, good air, good water, high cost of living but well worth it. And its absolutly awsome. Why are you waiting 3 years? I dont think I could contain myself. We want to move there too but cant afford to right now.
#3 of 5 Old 12-05-2007, 02:39 PM

I live in Laporte, which is a tiny town just northwest of Ft. Collins. It's beautiful.

Ft. Collins is also beautiful but it has it's problems, mainly involving traffic flow through the city. It's also growing really fast...in order to have the "small town" feel you almost need to be outside the main city, like we are. But then you have to drive kind of far to get anywhere.

Of course it's still much better than a big city like Denver. I just grew up in small-town North Dakota so that's where I'm coming from. I guess if I was still there I would miss the natural foods store. Lol.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#4 of 5 Old 12-06-2007, 02:11 AM

I am apprenticing with a Ft. Collins midwife...there are several in the area to work with! We live in Longmont, which is a 45 minute drive for me...but my husband works at IBM in Boulder. We just moved here last summer, and we love it! Over the summer, we attended some amazing community events...take a peek!

http://www.bluegrass.com/

http://www.sustainablelivingassociat.../zen_zone.html

http://www.bouldercountygoinglocal.com/newsevents.html
#5 of 5 Old 12-07-2007, 03:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the replies. I haven't been able to access my acct for awhile, so haven't answered anyone til now. DH and I are working on paying off some debt and then buying land and building, so what with the building and all it will be about 3yrs before we make it there. Not set on Fort Collins, but definitely don't want a big city. Need to be near the mountains, preferably a river, close to a midwife, and no more than than 1-2 hrs away from Denver.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page