Mothering Forum banner

Fort Collins?

578 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jljeppson 
#1 ·
Anyone live in or around Fort Collins? My DH and I are looking to move to Colorado in 3yrs and have started researching areas. We want land to build, a midwife nearby so I can finish apprenticing, hopefully organic stores, a smaller town, and lots of outdoor activites. Fort Collins sounded nice, anyone know anything about it or have suggestions for another area?

#3 ·
I live in Laporte, which is a tiny town just northwest of Ft. Collins. It's beautiful.

Ft. Collins is also beautiful but it has it's problems, mainly involving traffic flow through the city. It's also growing really fast...in order to have the "small town" feel you almost need to be outside the main city, like we are. But then you have to drive kind of far to get anywhere.

Of course it's still much better than a big city like Denver. I just grew up in small-town North Dakota so that's where I'm coming from.
I guess if I was still there I would miss the natural foods store. Lol.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I haven't been able to access my acct for awhile, so haven't answered anyone til now. DH and I are working on paying off some debt and then buying land and building, so what with the building and all it will be about 3yrs before we make it there. Not set on Fort Collins, but definitely don't want a big city. Need to be near the mountains, preferably a river, close to a midwife, and no more than than 1-2 hrs away from Denver.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.