Mothering Forum banner

VBAC at UMC

429 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mom2tillie 
#1 ·
Has anyone VBAC'd at UMC, or know anyone who has... any information would be appreciated.

While it is not my specific plan to actually end up at the hospital, I am trying to prepare for all possibilities.

I called up there and the l&d nurses I spoke with said that they do VBACs all the time and they even recommended Dr. Macuilla by name. I was really suprised that he is willing to take me in the third trimester, I was seeing another OB who does not do VBAC (he knew that I was planning VBAC and was going to transfer me to some colleagues later in the pregnancy as is standard for his patients wishing to VBAC)... but I decided that I didn't feel comfortable waiting any longer.

Any further info on UMC protocol and/or Dr. Macuilla would be appreciated.

-Iris

#2 ·
I delivered my first at UMC, and was treated horrendously!

I would be very careful.

I was lied to many times over by their docs and nurses.

I do not want to sound like IM trying to scare you, I just wish I had had a heads up.

I do not have personal experience with this particular doctor, so he may be different, but my personal experience was with the hospital policies being very strict. Every intervention that could have been pushed on me was.

Have you looked into having a midwife also attend your birth?

#3 ·
Oh no!

How long ago was that? Did you have a birth plan, doula? Please elaborate.

I have a midwife and a doula actually, but being a VBAC makes things difficult. I know that my husband is much more informed this time and I really think he will be able to speak for me and I plan to have a detailed birth plan, but when they start using scare tactics he could cave, he wants me to be safe number one, yk?

I am really going to try to avoid it altogether but I have to have a contingency plan. VBAC really limits your options, imo.

-Iris

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.