Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bump
#362 of 1986 Old 01-28-2008, 10:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snozzberry View Post
Nova Natural has a mushroom-shaped nutcracker. Not your typical nutcracker though...
Thank you! It's a winner!

Kelly, I'M SENDING UPSIDE DOWN THOUGHTS TO BABY ASFDGLKJFDGM

(fenton says hi. gotta go...)
#363 of 1986 Old 01-29-2008, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Yesterday morning, baby's head was still on my right side. I was pretty bummed, and the MW had me make an appt with an acupuncturist for today at 3:30. Then after the MW appt, I got another Webster technique adjustment (my third) around noon.

I did a couple pelvic tilts last night, then while I was falling asleep I could feel her head move to my left side!!! I have a hard time telling where she is usually (like right now), but if she's still got her head over on the left, it means she's just got a little bit further to turn.

: : : : : : : : : :

Maybe the acupuncture will do the trick today!

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

#364 of 1986 Old 01-29-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Yesterday morning, baby's head was still on my right side. I was pretty bummed, and the MW had me make an appt with an acupuncturist for today at 3:30. Then after the MW appt, I got another Webster technique adjustment (my third) around noon.

I did a couple pelvic tilts last night, then while I was falling asleep I could feel her head move to my left side!!! I have a hard time telling where she is usually (like right now), but if she's still got her head over on the left, it means she's just got a little bit further to turn.

Yay! Here's some more : for ya!!

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
#365 of 1986 Old 01-29-2008, 02:10 PM

: for Kelly's babe!

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#366 of 1986 Old 01-29-2008, 02:34 PM

Many happy baby turning vibes to Kelly's baby!!!

Come ponder with me about food!
#367 of 1986 Old 01-29-2008, 04:31 PM

spin baby spin
#368 of 1986 Old 01-29-2008, 08:00 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Can anyone give me some insight here? Thanks!

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#369 of 1986 Old 01-29-2008, 10:36 PM

Quote:

Kelly, my upside down thoughts are working on baby! , cuz it's all about my powers, of course! If you find that you need more help with this after this, my homeopath swore that she had remedies that turned babies. She said in some cases, it started to happen in her office and they could see it.
#370 of 1986 Old 01-30-2008, 02:35 AM

Oh my goodness katt, Teo's hair is getting so long! And that cherub pic? Absolutely adorable.

Hi, I'm TJ!  lady.gif | NMY Grad love.gif | Mama to DD 5/13 babygirl.gif

#371 of 1986 Old 01-30-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightJoy View Post
The HFS called me back for a 2nd interview!!! I go in on Wednesday. She said they want to see how fast I can learn to use a register. YAY!
Any one with cash register tips??? They don't scan food there, they type in the price for every item.
How did the interview go? I'd say it'd help to practice on the number pad on a desktop keyboard. There are some sites out there to help, like this one. Good luck!

#372 of 1986 Old 01-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Banned

well, others noticed the "baby bump" today. so, i'm officially showing at 10 weeks (i think it's ten weeks, might be 11--i think i got confused at some point).
#373 of 1986 Old 01-30-2008, 02:43 PM

I think you're a month behind me, Zoe, and I'm at 14 weeks as of yesterday.

I feel enormous, honestly, and I'm just going to get bigger, I realize. Anyway, some people have told me I look good, though, including DH

My aunt was picking on me though because I haven't gotten a real exercise routine yet. My thing is, I'm just feeling up to starting a routine, since I'm not as dead tired as I was. So, Zoe, your energy will go back up again in about a month...hang in there.

So Kelly, did the acupuncture help?

TJ, good luck on the interview...I did cashier stuff for a few years--it's pretty easy to get the hang of, I promise!

Come ponder with me about food!
#374 of 1986 Old 01-30-2008, 02:44 PM

Just popping in to say hi, send some turny-baby vibes to Snozz, some hooray-baby-bump vibes to Zoebird, some happy-interviewing vibes to TwilightJoy, and to ask... how the hell did I get to be 27 weeks pregnant? Where is the time going?

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#375 of 1986 Old 01-30-2008, 05:09 PM

¡¡¡zzous ʎqɐq ollǝɥ

Mama to my sweet Sophia, born at home on 4/6/11.

namaste.gif

#376 of 1986 Old 01-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Banned

well, i'm not worried about it per se. i know that the tiredness will go away.

and i'm doing well with it anyway. i still get in a good hour of restorative yoga every day, which is nice. and occassionally in class i'll pop into a hard core arm balance or something funny.

but, i do look forward to walks and more vinyasa yoga.
#377 of 1986 Old 01-30-2008, 09:05 PM

You are now looking at an official cashier at my HFS! YAY!!! I get a 20% discount, plus a free meal if I'm there for more than 5 hours. I'm so freaking excited! I have already started a list of things I've been needing to buy: a complete B vitamin, ConcenTrace, more Dr. Bronner's soap, some raw sharp cheddar, etc. Discounted! Plus it's a way to meet some cool crunchy people. All the other cashiers are in high school, but, I look like I'm 16 so it all works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
How did the interview go? I'd say it'd help to practice on the number pad on a desktop keyboard. There are some sites out there to help, like this one. Good luck!
Whoa, that program is so cool!! Thanks for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
TJ, good luck on the interview...I did cashier stuff for a few years--it's pretty easy to get the hang of, I promise!
Today my register was over like $4 but they said that wasn't bad. I don't really know how it happened because the girl teaching me was there the whole time making sure I didn't screw up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_babe View Post
some happy-interviewing vibes to TwilightJoy
It's the good vibes that got me here. Thanks so much!!! (Can you tell how excited I am? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by wateraddict View Post

¡¡¡zzous ʎqɐq ollǝɥ

Whoa that's trippy. How did you do that?

Hi, I'm TJ!  lady.gif | NMY Grad love.gif | Mama to DD 5/13 babygirl.gif

#378 of 1986 Old 01-30-2008, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
well, others noticed the "baby bump" today. so, i'm officially showing at 10 weeks (i think it's ten weeks, might be 11--i think i got confused at some point).
wow! how do you feel about it? i remember being so proud of my bump at first. it wasn't till i felt huge and heavy all over that i had mixed feelings... but even at the beginning i guess i was mixed -- i wanted to look pregnant not fat! at myself
#379 of 1986 Old 01-31-2008, 08:48 AM
Banned

well, i think i look pregnant, not fat. my waist is still there, and i still fit into my normal jeans, and so i guess i look pretty normal, but the lower abdominals have changed shape.

but, i'm happy about it overall. i noticed a difference last week, and this week it's just 'more.'
#380 of 1986 Old 01-31-2008, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_babe View Post
how the hell did I get to be 27 weeks pregnant? Where is the time going?
I definitely know that feeling! For me, time just continued to speed up once I felt that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wateraddict View Post

¡¡¡zzous ʎqɐq ollǝɥ

Is it a sign of pregnancy that seeing this made me : ?

I had my 36-week appt with the MW yesterday and got my 3rd u/s of the pregnancy. Baby's head is still firmly under my right rib.

I'll go for the 2nd acupuncture appt and my 4th Webster chiro adjustment today, then this afternoon the MW wants me to come in for a non-stress test to see how baby's reacting to the acupuncture. But yesterday, the MW said she wants me to set up a consultation with the doctor that does external versions. How did I get on this medical path all of a sudden? I don't want to go this way. And even though it's a slight risk it's still there: the version can bring on labor or worse--separate the placenta leading to an emergency c-section. I just want to scream and whine and stomp my feet because it's not fair.

There are plenty of people in this country who wouldn't mind if their baby was breech and they were on this path. I happen to be someone who very much wants a natural birth, so why does this have to happen to me? </whine>

Last night while I was doing a pelvic tilt, I was thinking of you all and the turning vibes you're sending my baby's way. It really helped to know you're all pulling for it.

I'm off to read spinningbabies.com...again.

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

#381 of 1986 Old 01-31-2008, 10:29 AM

Squirmy baby
Quote:
I definitely know that feeling! For me, time just continued to speed up once I felt that way!

Is it a sign of pregnancy that seeing this made me : ?

I had my 36-week appt with the MW yesterday and got my 3rd u/s of the pregnancy. Baby's head is still firmly under my right rib.

I'll go for the 2nd acupuncture appt and my 4th Webster chiro adjustment today, then this afternoon the MW wants me to come in for a non-stress test to see how baby's reacting to the acupuncture. But yesterday, the MW said she wants me to set up a consultation with the doctor that does external versions. How did I get on this medical path all of a sudden? I don't want to go this way. And even though it's a slight risk it's still there: the version can bring on labor or worse--separate the placenta leading to an emergency c-section. I just want to scream and whine and stomp my feet because it's not fair.

There are plenty of people in this country who wouldn't mind if their baby was breech and they were on this path. I happen to be someone who very much wants a natural birth, so why does this have to happen to me? </whine>

Last night while I was doing a pelvic tilt, I was thinking of you all and the turning vibes you're sending my baby's way. It really helped to know you're all pulling for it.

I'm off to read spinningbabies.com...again.
Call a homeopath? mine may consult over the phone, PM me if you want her info.
#382 of 1986 Old 01-31-2008, 10:54 AM

Oh Kelly Keeping the vibes coming. :

#383 of 1986 Old 01-31-2008, 01:24 PM
Banned

there is plenty of time yet for this baby to turn, so no worries.

you're four weeks away from an estimated due date, and it could be another two weeks after that anyway depending up on you and your baby (and what your midwife is willing to manage).

also, babies can turn while in labor, so i wouldn't do anything that would be risky (the doctor stuff), and just wait and see. i'm sure the baby will turn when the time is right.
#384 of 1986 Old 01-31-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Yikes. Guess I better follow through on my "buy baby necessities now!" urges. I keep having them, and denying them, thinking it's too soon. But really, it's not.

*still sending turnybaby vibes*

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#385 of 1986 Old 01-31-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Yikes. Guess I better follow through on my "buy baby necessities now!" urges. I keep having them, and denying them, thinking it's too soon. But really, it's not.

*still sending turnybaby vibes*

#386 of 1986 Old 01-31-2008, 06:46 PM

You spin me right round baby, right round, like a record baby round, round, right round

If nothing else, all this talk of turning babies has got that song deeply embedded in my head.

Kelly, I'm firmly in the 'you'll be fine' camp...but I'm sending you my spinniest thoughts and vibes nonetheless. :

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#387 of 1986 Old 01-31-2008, 07:45 PM

the childcare search still sucks, we got the coop.
#388 of 1986 Old 01-31-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
the childcare search still sucks, we got the coop.
Crap & awesome

How about the job search?

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#389 of 1986 Old 02-01-2008, 04:24 AM

It's Chinese New Year next week and I really feel big things are right around the corner... (yes, I'm in a 2ww)

I know I've been pretty quiet, but so has everyone. What's the story folks?

#390 of 1986 Old 02-01-2008, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post
I know I've been pretty quiet, but so has everyone. What's the story folks?
I haven't been posting for a lot of reasons:

There's never really a topic of discussion around here anymore and my mind is too baby-addled to think of something to discuss that hasn't already been talked over 2-3 times before. Not that I'm blaming anyone, because I know all of the mamas are even busier than me, and the pg ladies have other things have more important things to spend their time on as well.

I don't seem to have anything unique to add when advice is asked or when people share what's going on with them. I am reading every single post and sending mental good vibes as needed, but just don't feel like being the tenth person to write "good luck" or "I'm sorry," especially if it means typing one handed or using the limited time Calvin is napping.

I've not been updating on our life lately because a) it's really uneventful and I don't want to be that mom who's always bragging about how easy parenting is and b) I've been feeling like my posts have been completely ignored and I hate feeling self-centered and needy like that.

I do really enjoy talking with all of you and I am missing it

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page