Mothering Forum banner

Giant colossal BISMARCK MDC get-together thread

1K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  pookel 
#1 ·
Maybe it's time we take our get-together planning off the main thread in case anyone in GF or Fargo is getting bored?

Hoping to get together tomorrow, Sun. Jan. 6th, at Gateway around 1:00.

See less See more
#4 ·
I won't be around this weekend, yay long weekends! ButI should be next weekend.

I've talked to two different moms who do family things on Sundays but were interested in coming. I've been wondering if we could meet Saturdays instead of Sundays? I know sometimes I've missed been late b/c church/family stuff.
Any thoughts?

And it's fine if we don't change, I was just wondering. See you all later!

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
I've talked to two different moms who do family things on Sundays but were interested in coming. I've been wondering if we could meet Saturdays instead of Sundays?
Oo, I'm one of them! I'd like to meet, but Sundays are family days for us. What's everyone doing tomorrow?

#15 ·
Quote:
Maggirayne Hi, anyone planning to be around tomorrow?

I'm not--haven't been home muc this week!
no for us too, that flu that is going around hit the whole fam and today is my turn
. I am really questioning this preschool thing, we have never been more sick. Have a great weekend

#17 ·
Hey, does anyone want to meet at Gateway or the library Sunday? I'm thinking maaaybe, since we've all three been sick, and my head is still stuffy.
ya'll know what, it will be great one it gets warm and nice out, and we can go to a park! Ohhhh. . . Okay, I am ready for spring finally. I haven't been anxiously waiting, like I usually am. Spring can take its time, like my baby can take her time turning a year old!

#18 ·
Who is free next Saturday? Not this Saturday, Easter weekend, but March 30. Corbin is turning 3 on Thursday and I wanted to plan a nice birthday party for him, but with all of us being sick and Easter coming up, it's fallen by the wayside. So maybe if the weather is nice enough, we could go out to a park and let the kids play? I might be able to get my house in shape to really have a party, but I don't want to promise anything.
So I might want to just bring a cake somewhere and let the kids have fun. Probably around 2:00 that Saturday.

Btw, we've been going to story time at the library most Tuesday mornings and having a lot of fun.

#20 ·
Tomorrow the Dakota Zoo in Bismarck is having a free day to promote college savings. Admission is free from 11 am to 7 pm and from 4-6 pm they are having free hotdogs. It's sponsored by the Bismarck Tribune. Here's an info page.

Pookel and I are meeting at front gates at 3 pm. We'd love to see you all!

#22 ·
x-post to main ND thread:

Well, Maggirayne and I bit the bullet and are starting the group ourselves. We're going to put up posters at some places around town, and I put the item into the Tribune calendar.

Here is the info - please share with any like-minded friends:

Bismarck-Mandan Natural Mamas, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. every Saturday, Schaumberg park (corner of Reno and South 3rd St., Bismarck). A new group for all parents and parents-to-be who are interested in breastfeeding, natural birth and homebirth, cosleeping, homeschooling, babywearing (using slings and baby carriers), gentle discipline, natural foods, and cloth diapers and elimination communication. Informal weekly meeting offers gentle, non-judgmental support for new moms, and a chance for older kids to play together.

----------

We'll have to find someplace warmer to go when the weather gets cold, but I guess we'll figure that out then. Maybe the library?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.