Hawaii Mama's Please Help Me Plan My 30th Birthday Vacation In Hawaii.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-11-2008, 04:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm turning 30 this year and instead of some party where we pay for others to have a good time, I thought it would be better to scrounge up some savings and go to Hawaii. I'm planning on getting some family and friends together so we rent a condo or something like that.
Anyway, I was wondering if Memorial Day weekend is crowded in Hawaii? What is the best island to stay on with a 2 year old, with family and friends? And if anyone has any recommendations for renting a place?
Thanks in advance,
Shannon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2008, 12:00 PM

Shannon, I don't live in Hawaii, but we stayed at a great place on Kauai. Extremely family friendly! www.northcountryfarms.com It was the perfect vacation!

to dh , dd 18 , dd 13 , ds 10 , & ds 6
hale
Old 02-03-2008, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

For my 30th birthday my family and I are going to Hawaii. We are planning on spending a week in Maui, and then transferring to another island. In Maui we are looking to stay at a timeshare/condo. One with a nice pool, on the water, etc. So far the Westin looks nice, but it's expensive(although by the time we split it up it's not too bad).
Any advice for me? We are going in the end of May, beginning of July.
Also we are thinking of transferring to Oahu or Kona afterwards. Where should we stay (thinking hotel for there, or even a condo).
Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Shannon
Old 02-05-2008, 05:52 AM

If you want to find cheap places to stay, you can often find vacation rentals for cheaper than you can get a hotel room. Try VRBO.com or homeaway.com and search the areas you plan to stay in. Also, Kona is MUCH cheaper that O'ahu, so if money is an issue, you might want to spend some time on the Big Island where things are less expensive.

Certain times of the year are not good. Summer and autumn are best. It rains the most in winter and spring, so if you come during cooler weather, you might just get rained out. May to July sounds okay. You may want to come during the latter part of those months.

Mama to a bright 5 y/o girl dust.gif and a beautiful boy born 03/10/12 fly-by-nursing1.gif Loving unschooling, 2xuc.jpgfamilybed2.gif ecbaby2.gifand natural living in Hawaii.rainbow1284.gif
Old 02-09-2008, 05:01 AM

The only BIG deal with long weekends is the airfare goes up.

I'd suggest a Vacation Rental somewhere like Kailua - but of course, I live here and love it. There is a great one (legal - unusual!) across the street from me, PM me if you want the info.

Your User Agreement here at MDC, read it and make it your friend and read the FAQ to answer all the questions of the (MDC) world.

User Tag List