Searching for a midwife willing to do homebirth in Trier/Luxemburg area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-04-2008, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am thirteen weeks pregnant with my first child. I am determined to try for a homebirth but unfortunately Luxemb(o)urg is not open to homebirthing. The ONLY midwife here who assists homebirths refuses to assist a first birth at home. If I can not find a midwife in the region who is willing to commit him/herself to coming to Luxemburg to help me, then I will be FORCED to birth in the hospital. Trier is very close to Luxembourg and I am hoping that someone on this forum might be able to direct me to a midwife who can help. Also, I can not speak German very well so the midwife would need adaquate English skills.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2008, 08:40 AM

You might want to try to contact this Hebammenpraxis in Trier. They usually have a variety of midwives connected to them.
http://www.branchenbuchsuche.de/heba...-trier_1359605

If not, you can try contacting the individual midwives directly:
http://www.branchenbuchsuche.de/gesu...ammen-in-trier

Here is a birthing clinic in Trier:
http://www.mutterhaus.de/

Are you near Koblenz? Because this place doesn't look too bad:
http://www.zentrum-familie-gesundhei...mmenpraxis.php

But I'd start with the Hebammenpraxis, and tell them right away you're looking for a Midwife(Hebamme) to do a homebirth. Don't mention Luxembourg right away...wait until you get the names of individual midwives to call.
I hope this helps.
Keep us posted!

Single mama to a 5yo and 8yo

Old 04-06-2008, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the info
Old 05-12-2008, 08:57 AM

Nobody can force you to give birth in a hospital. You can give birth at home unassisted if you dont find a midwife and if you research unassisted childbirth and feel comfortable with it. It's your birth and your choice alone.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:33 AM

Are there no "Gerburtshäuser" (birth houses) in your area? Granted, it's not the same as a home birth, but it would be preferable to a hospital birth, if a hospital birth is not something you desire.

It's a pity you're not in Munich. I had a wonderful homebirth midwife there. I only wish I could find someone so good where I now live!

intactlact.gif  Mum to five kids ages 16, 13, 9 and 4 years and baby K born 11/12!  And five angel babies angel1.gif
Old 07-25-2008, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your interest in my situation. Unfortunately there are no birth houses in Luxembourg (there is one in Trier, 30min drive from Luxembourg City). However, I have already found a midwife who lives nearby in Belgium and will assist me in a home birth. I am very happy and feel more secure in my decision every day. I am now 28 weeks pregnant and absolutely obsessed with the idea that soon I will have a newborn.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:23 AM

I'm glad you found someone I'm looking for someone in the Trier and Bitburg area myself. My dr said he would ask all the midwives that he works with.

military wife to Eric, mommy to Ani 11/06 and Emi 2/09 and our angels angel1.gif 12/10, and angel1.gif 2/12 and our newest addition Izzy 4/13

Old 07-28-2008, 06:02 PM

I'm glad you found someone! Good luck to you with your birth!

intactlact.gif  Mum to five kids ages 16, 13, 9 and 4 years and baby K born 11/12!  And five angel babies angel1.gif

User Tag List