~ ♥ Springtime Baby Watchin' in PDX and SW WA ♥ ~ Welcome Meenajo's Baby Boy Rowan Asher~ ♥ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 155 Old 04-30-2008, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tell me if my guesstimated due-months are off and update me if I don't have them please!!

Meal train suggestions and food allergy/preference info is greatly appreciated!

~ ♥ June ♥ ~
celesterra

~July~
~Megan~

~And Beyond~
forsythia - August
asianyoushi - September
shockels - September
Cellarstella - September
momto3wantingmore - December
mamanurse
MrsSoup - January
DreamsinDigital - February
WhisperV - February

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#2 of 155 Old 04-30-2008, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Leah's food preferences

#3 of 155 Old 04-30-2008, 09:13 PM

Thank you for making a new thread.

Elizabeth, Proud Pagan wife, and mama to DD - 10/30/01, DS1 - 01/08/04, DS2 - 03/22/07, my twin DDs -08/08 and our new little DS3 - 06/11/10
#4 of 155 Old 04-30-2008, 09:53 PM

Thanks for the new thread -- but, I'm no longer due in April...these babies are well cooked and a month old already! Time flies when you are having fun - I mean no sleep
#5 of 155 Old 04-30-2008, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, thanks!

Have you posted pictures?

Hm... looks like ubermama hasn't posted since November!

#6 of 155 Old 05-01-2008, 01:05 AM

Any info yet on when Leah is ready for meals? tomorrow I start 5 days off work and would love to do some cookin'!

Just looked at the previous baby watch thread...what's the calendar people are talking about? If someone could clue me in that's be great.

Sandra + Jeremy keepin' it real with Adelaide (2005) and Watson (2008)
#7 of 155 Old 05-01-2008, 01:32 AM

:

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#8 of 155 Old 05-01-2008, 01:33 AM

I keep seeing posts about what calendar and what yahoo group so here is the info:

MDC PDX Yahoo group. There is a database for contact info if you would like to list yourself. Also the calendar can be used to list open to anyone playdates and get togethers, new mama meal trains, birthdays, MNO, etc. If you are not familiar with yahoo you can choose to recieve each message in an email, a daily digest, or no mail and just read the messages at the link above. This is a closed group so you must be approved before you can post and/or read anything. I tried to email everyone I had contact info for the last time MDC was down so sorry if you did not get the info.

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#9 of 155 Old 05-01-2008, 02:16 AM

just subbin!

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#10 of 155 Old 05-01-2008, 02:37 AM

I listed when there were open slots to bring food to Leah on the Yahoo group.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#11 of 155 Old 05-01-2008, 03:55 AM

I had my surro son at the end of March. I haven't been online much at all, sorry. And when I am, it's to research here and there for something and barely any time for boards.
#12 of 155 Old 05-01-2008, 04:04 AM

Well... don't know if this really belongs in the birthing thread or not, but it is sure dragging my 35 week vibe down... Ron lost his job this morning. Great timing, huh?

And my bean is still breech.

Please send new job and turning vibes our way.
#13 of 155 Old 05-01-2008, 07:00 AM

{{HUGS}} Lisa. Same for my DH.. but anyway, I am responding to say that (as I know you know, I am sure) - your little man still has time to turn. I did so many of the ideas on Spinning Babies. My surro son turned the morning of 38 weeks to vertex. He flipped around at least four times between 34 and 37 weeks even. UGH!
#14 of 155 Old 05-01-2008, 11:50 AM

Lisa! I'm so sorry. Let me know if there's anything we can do for you. I do find myself in Beaverton about once/week these days.

Not sure if I should be on the list, but we are expecting a babe in June as well through an open, private adoption. Bmom is due the 20th and we expect to be present for the birth and take the babe home from the hospital if all goes as planned.

Urban homesteader wanna be and homeschooling mama to the artist : 1/2003 and the peanut 6/2008 :
#15 of 155 Old 05-01-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meenajo View Post
Lisa! I'm so sorry. Let me know if there's anything we can do for you. I do find myself in Beaverton about once/week these days.

Not sure if I should be on the list, but we are expecting a babe in June as well through an open, private adoption. Bmom is due the 20th and we expect to be present for the birth and take the babe home from the hospital if all goes as planned.
YES You should be on the list. I plan on bringing you food! You may not be birthing but you are going to be up nursing all night too.

Lisa,
I did a slant board with Michael and he turned at around 37/38 weeks and I had him 4 days later. I second someone's suggestions for spinning babies.

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#16 of 155 Old 05-01-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:

YOU SHOULD BE HERE MAMA, you are giving a baby an amazing chance
Make sure to post food preferences and such!

How is the pumping going?
#17 of 155 Old 05-01-2008, 03:19 PM

Lisa, that is terrible!!!!!!!
I am so so sorry. I hope things get better.
*sends new jiob vibes your way*

thanks so much for the dinner! We really appreciatedx it. Hopefully next time I see you we wont have corporate big wigs in the shop

2 kids. 1 more on the way. Cloth diapers, home birth, and boojuu is how I roll.

#18 of 155 Old 05-01-2008, 03:20 PM

Wow, Lisa... stressful events to be dealing with while you are nearing the end of your pregnancy. I'm so sorry to hear about Ron's job, and hope he finds another soon.

Amoreena, I have the breastfriend and lact-aids for you!!!
#19 of 155 Old 05-01-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffybutt View Post
YOU SHOULD BE HERE MAMA, you are giving a baby an amazing chance
Make sure to post food preferences and such!

How is the pumping going?
Pumping is going alright, thanks for asking No milk yet, but I guess that's why they tell you to start 2 mos. before the baby is due--takes a long time to get going. My goal is 6-10x a day, and I've made the 6 every day, but the 10 is awful hard. I decided to wait until 2-4 weeks before the babe is due to start getting up in the night to pump. It was just too tough to strap on the cold plastic pump in the middle of the night when I wasn't getting any milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
YES You should be on the list. I plan on bringing you food! You may not be birthing but you are going to be up nursing all night too.
Thanks Allison Food preferences:

Hope it's not too complicated

Because of the diabetes, I'm on a high-protein, low carb diet. Since I've very recently given up a vegetarian lifestyle to meet the high-protein part of my meal plan, I'm still not very comfortable with many types of meat. So, about the only thing that works is:

Fish/Chicken seasoned with anything low carb (no breading) and low starch vegetables/green salad (no beans, peas, corn, potatoes, fruit, carrots, beets, etc.)

Egg dishes (like crustless quiche) work well.

John & Lilly enjoy rice/pasta/potatoes/etc. so those things are welcome, but they need to be on the side, not mixed together in a casserole or stew.

Spaghetti squash makes a decent substitute for pasta, and turnips make an excellent substitute for potatoes in almost any recipe.

No sweets please (unless you want to figure out something no sugar/no flour/etc.)

I try to avoid all the weird, zillion-ingredient low carb products on the market--they scare me.

Thanks ladies

Urban homesteader wanna be and homeschooling mama to the artist : 1/2003 and the peanut 6/2008 :
#20 of 155 Old 05-01-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bred View Post

Amoreena, I have the breastfriend and lact-aids for you!!!
Yay, thanks Breana! Lets get together soon. I'm happy to trek out your way sometime.

#21 of 155 Old 05-01-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exquisitebones View Post

thanks so much for the dinner! We really appreciatedx it. Hopefully next time I see you we wont have corporate big wigs in the shop
Corporate big wigs are you selling out to the man already??

I hear you on the job front, neomia. I know there are a few mamas on the big thread whose dh's have lost their jobs in the last couple months. My dh's job is gone next month...so it is a sure bet I will turn up pg shortly after....

Are there any pics of mr. george floating around??

treehugger.gifread.gifsewmachine.gif  Mama to joy.gif 3/03 and angel3.gif 12/06, married to jammin.gif for 18 years
#22 of 155 Old 05-01-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomia View Post
Well... don't know if this really belongs in the birthing thread or not, but it is sure dragging my 35 week vibe down... Ron lost his job this morning. Great timing, huh?

And my bean is still breech.

Please send new job and turning vibes our way.
Do you need any baby turning info?

New job and flipping baby vibes sent your way!
:
#23 of 155 Old 05-01-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:

Ditto on the of course you should be on the list! I'm bringing you meals, too. Gotta love on the locals.

Quote:
Pumping is going alright, thanks for asking No milk yet, but I guess that's why they tell you to start 2 mos. before the baby is due--takes a long time to get going. My goal is 6-10x a day, and I've made the 6 every day, but the 10 is awful hard. I decided to wait until 2-4 weeks before the babe is due to start getting up in the night to pump. It was just too tough to strap on the cold plastic pump in the middle of the night when I wasn't getting any milk

Thanks Allison Food preferences:

Hope it's not too complicated

Because of the diabetes, I'm on a high-protein, low carb diet. Since I've very recently given up a vegetarian lifestyle to meet the high-protein part of my meal plan, I'm still not very comfortable with many types of meat. So, about the only thing that works is:

Fish/Chicken seasoned with anything low carb (no breading) and low starch vegetables/green salad (no beans, peas, corn, potatoes, fruit, carrots, beets, etc.)

Egg dishes (like crustless quiche) work well.

John & Lilly enjoy rice/pasta/potatoes/etc. so those things are welcome, but they need to be on the side, not mixed together in a casserole or stew.

Spaghetti squash makes a decent substitute for pasta, and turnips make an excellent substitute for potatoes in almost any recipe.

No sweets please (unless you want to figure out something no sugar/no flour/etc.)

I try to avoid all the weird, zillion-ingredient low carb products on the market--they scare me.

Thanks ladies
Good luck with the pumping, I just think it's so amazingly cool to start lactating and breastfeeding that baby like you're going to do! Wowser, such awesome dedication and love!

I'll have to come back and find this post when I am making you guys a meal.

Lisa I posted a thanks on the big thread, but I wanted to post over here, too. Thanks again for dinner! It was delish!!!!

I really hope Ron finds something soon to put everyone's minds at ease. And I would love to hear what you are doing to try to flip that bebe girl! Andy was my breech baby and that boy wouldn't turn for nothing. I'm sure everything will be alright, it's just totally stressful to think about it...
#24 of 155 Old 05-01-2008, 08:34 PM

Never thought I would be making such a big multiquote on this thread, but goes to show how supportive this community is!

Quote:

Not sure if I should be on the list, but we are expecting a babe in June as well through an open, private adoption.
Thanks Amoreena. We are OK for now, although I will try to think of some excuse to call you over here just to see you.

And I agree of course you should be here! I am glad you are doing the DDC with me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberMama View Post
{{HUGS}} Lisa. Same for my DH.. but anyway, I am responding to say that (as I know you know, I am sure) - your little man still has time to turn. I did so many of the ideas on Spinning Babies.
Thanks. I have been reading spinning babies and doing some of their stuff. The only thing is, I am not completely sure she hasn't flipped recently and am not sure how to tell. Seems like I would have felt it, and the movements don't feel that different, but the shape of my belly has definitely changed. I should call Pam and see if she is going to be in Portland any time soon because otherwise I don't see her until May 17!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
Lisa,
I did a slant board with Michael and he turned at around 37/38 weeks and I had him 4 days later.
I am so uncomfortable in that position. Been doing the inversion off the couch instead. Wonder if one is more affective than the other.... I also want to talk to Dr. Means about acupuncture and moxibustion to see if she can to them together or maybe just do the moxi at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exquisitebones View Post

thanks so much for the dinner! We really appreciated it. Hopefully next time I see you we wont have corporate big wigs in the shop
Thanks. Glad you liked the dinner. I wanted to stay and look around but I knew Orion would be noisy. Just sorry I didn't get to see Margeaux!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bred View Post
Wow, Lisa... stressful events to be dealing with while you are nearing the end of your pregnancy. I'm so sorry to hear about Ron's job, and hope he finds another soon.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyncyn View Post
I hear you on the job front, neomia. I know there are a few mamas on the big thread whose dh's have lost their jobs in the last couple months. My dh's job is gone next month...so it is a sure bet I will turn up pg shortly after....

Are there any pics of mr. george floating around??
Ugh, tis the season, huh? And that would be funny, kindof....

There are some on her blog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InochiZo View Post
Do you need any baby turning info?

New job and flipping baby vibes sent your way!
:
Thanks! If you know anything not on spinning babies, I would love to hear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyMay View Post
Lisa I posted a thanks on the big thread, but I wanted to post over here, too. Thanks again for dinner! It was delish!!!!

I really hope Ron finds something soon to put everyone's minds at ease. And I would love to hear what you are doing to try to flip that bebe girl! Andy was my breech baby and that boy wouldn't turn for nothing. I'm sure everything will be alright, it's just totally stressful to think about it...
Glad you liked it and thanks for letting me know since I would never have seen it on the big thread! Sometimes I pop in at the beginning of the month, but I am really trying to get some other stuff done before the big day.

And as you have heard, spinning babies seems to be the place to go! Here is the link if you are curious:
http://spinningbabies.com/index.php?...d=25&Itemid=32
At least Pam thinks breech is just a variation of normal, so I have to get in that same frame of mind if she doesn't turn!
#25 of 155 Old 05-01-2008, 11:08 PM

I'm so excited that May is here... and almost certainly (please!? ) the month my daughter will be born!!
#26 of 155 Old 05-01-2008, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomia View Post

Thanks. I have been reading spinning babies and doing some of their stuff. The only thing is, I am not completely sure she hasn't flipped recently and am not sure how to tell. Seems like I would have felt it, and the movements don't feel that different, but the shape of my belly has definitely changed. I should call Pam and see if she is going to be in Portland any time soon because otherwise I don't see her until May 17!

I am so uncomfortable in that position. Been doing the inversion off the couch instead. Wonder if one is more affective than the other.... I also want to talk to Dr. Means about acupuncture and moxibustion to see if she can to them together or maybe just do the moxi at home.

Thanks! If you know anything not on spinning babies, I would love to hear it!

Glad you liked it and thanks for letting me know since I would never have seen it on the big thread! Sometimes I pop in at the beginning of the month, but I am really trying to get some other stuff done before the big day.

And as you have heard, spinning babies seems to be the place to go! Here is the link if you are curious:
http://spinningbabies.com/index.php?...d=25&Itemid=32
At least Pam thinks breech is just a variation of normal, so I have to get in that same frame of mind if she doesn't turn!
After 2 breech babies I feel like an expert but I am not. I hated the slant board and certainly couldn't do it as much as recommended. I also did a bunch of swimming and diving with Macey. I did some moxi. No babies turned but Macey was an awesome breech birth and when very well. Good Luck!!!
#27 of 155 Old 05-02-2008, 01:04 AM

Lisa - I'm sure that Pam has told you but I know that she has successfully turned at least one baby manually.

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#28 of 155 Old 05-02-2008, 02:42 AM

lisa--i hope something great comes out of this unexpected madness.....

pics of baby G in sig and also birth story is here: milk and ink--the birth

#29 of 155 Old 05-02-2008, 04:44 AM

beautiful story thanks for sharing

#30 of 155 Old 05-03-2008, 08:09 PM

Congratulations to all the lovely new babies!!

(George is so freaking cute!!!!!)

I thought that I would post a link to my other thread, I'm still looking for a baby model....

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...5#post11129265

Mama to ds#1 (7) and a ds#2 (1 1/2)
Homebirth midwife

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page