Calling North MS Mommas! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 05-02-2008, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted a little in the MS connections, but thought I'd post on the 'main' board as well.

I'm Heather. I'm mom to 3 boys and we are very AP. The problem is that we moved from a very AP friendly city (Virginia Beach VA) to a place where I get strange looks from ppl if I wear my baby in his sling instead of a stoller (which is all the time, as I HATE stollers.) So, I'm calling out to all the baby wearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, anti (or delayed) vaxing, bfing, crunchy mommas of northern Mississippi. I am in Lafayette County. (Oxford to be exact). I have only actually seen 2 other mommas that baby wear (one I always see at Wal-Mart.. lol.. the other was at my oldest son's T-Ball practice). I didn't get a chance to talk to either of them though. Maybe it was you!

Anyway, just hoping to make some friends that think like me (HA! we'd have a ton of fun for sure!) Hope your having a great day, and have an even better weekend !!!

~ Heather ~ Princess Crunch! ((My MIL called me that once.. )) (LOL)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 05-02-2008, 05:02 PM

So you know about me, but I figured I'd add myself to the roll call! Hope we get a good bunch of AP mamas. We'll join you in Oxford in early July. I'm about to be a professor (gulp) after being a grad student for a million years...

We have 2 kids, aged 28mo and 7wks. We cosleep, bf, partially CD, and are really into babywearing so you'll def be seeing me at Walmart (blech) or in the park. We're struggling with the vax issue--ds had a few but we've stopped and aren't planning to vax dd, but are not sure we'll be able to HS while working full time... We're trying to find a nanny for them (know anyone?!).

Oxford seems like a great town, though, so we're looking forward to the move.

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

#3 of 12 Old 05-03-2008, 05:14 PM

Hi, My name is Tiffany. I live over in Sardis about 30 Minutes from Oxford. We actually attend church in Oxford. We are a homebirthing, homeschooling, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, breastfeeding,sling wearing ,Ap family.I am a sahm of 4 (3 girls and 1 little guy). I use a Cherry cover Mei tei for my little guy since he is almost 2. I sling when they are little. I am also the daughter of momdzn.Welcome to the area.

Tiffany in MS....sahm of 5!!

#4 of 12 Old 05-03-2008, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

That's awesome! what church do you attend? We go to First Baptist here in Oxford. Haven't ever been to Sardis... I've been to Batesville and Tupelo.. that's about it.. lol Haven't had the chance to just get out and drive around.. gas prices are too high for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffy2two View Post
Hi, My name is Tiffany. I live over in Sardis about 30 Minutes from Oxford. We actually attend church in Oxford. We are a homebirthing, homeschooling, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, breastfeeding,sling wearing ,Ap family.I am a sahm of 4 (3 girls and 1 little guy). I use a Cherry cover Mei tei for my little guy since he is almost 2. I sling when they are little. I am also the daughter of momdzn.Welcome to the area.
#5 of 12 Old 05-03-2008, 11:10 PM

Do you guys have a family doctor you'd recommend in Oxford? We probably need to identify someone, even though we almost never go...

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

#6 of 12 Old 05-04-2008, 01:56 PM

I am also from MS. Cleveland to be exact
#7 of 12 Old 05-04-2008, 02:52 PM

I'm in Corinth!

Stephanie ~ Mama to Avery (7/07) & Iona (3/10)
#8 of 12 Old 05-04-2008, 02:56 PM

I'm from Tupelo. :
#9 of 12 Old 05-06-2008, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanaduMama View Post
Do you guys have a family doctor you'd recommend in Oxford? We probably need to identify someone, even though we almost never go...
I wish I could say that we did. We usually don't take the boys in for WKC (well kid checkups). I know when we first moved here, we took the older two to the Children's Clinic of Oxford. They push vaccines WAYYY too much for my taste. I actually got into an arguement with the NP because I would NOT let them give them to my boys. Then when AJ was born (Feb 9th of this year) I only took him in for his two week check, and that was only becase he had a cough.

There is a place I want to check out called "Center for healing & Wellness" Here in Oxford. It's listed under Holistic Medicine in the phone book. I want to see what their take on vaccines is, and if they do family practice type stuff. If they don't, I guess I'm just going to start calling all the places in the phone book to see what they all say. There has to be someone in this area!!!!
#10 of 12 Old 05-07-2008, 12:44 PM

Hi! Checking in! I'm in Randolph which is in the boonies between Oxford and Pontotoc!

We have 1 ds who will be 10 mos tomorrow! We bf, babywear, cosleep, don't vax/circ, ec w/ cd backupn eat organic and most all other things crunchified!!

The first time I saw a sling was several years back on the square in Oxford. I had seen backpack styles, but this mommy was wearing a new native. We grocery shop in o-town, so u won't see me at walmart, but at Kroger and the farmers market-YES! I have too many different carriers, but I usually wear my cherry sling and hip carry my lo.

Ooh-Farmers Market! It opened last weekend even though most folks didn't have too much, but you will definitely find me there. Maybe we could meet up and got to park afterwards!

Re: family dr in oxford: there is one I'd recommend as far as being sick and taking your lo to as he is more on board with nutrition and health and doesn't throw out abx for every little thing. Pm me if you want his name! There is also a female who is a DO in Tupelo that someone told me about, but I don't remember her name.

natural living, cloth diapering, babywearing, intactalactivist mama to 2 beautiful boys both born at homehomebirth.jpg ~ ds1 July 8,2007 and ds2 born December 31,2009 and loving my awesome dh!! mdcblog5.gif
#11 of 12 Old 05-08-2008, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

I'm so happy that the farmer's market is open. This will be my first time at this one. There was one that I LOVED in virginia beach, and I hope that this one is as good. Meeting there and then going to the park sometime sounds like a great plan
#12 of 12 Old 05-09-2008, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaidaMidnight View Post
I'm so happy that the farmer's market is open. This will be my first time at this one. There was one that I LOVED in virginia beach, and I hope that this one is as good. Meeting there and then going to the park sometime sounds like a great plan
It's a nice, small town market, but lots of yummies! We're actually going to Tupelo this saturday to go to the Gumtree Festival and to their fm's opening day.

natural living, cloth diapering, babywearing, intactalactivist mama to 2 beautiful boys both born at homehomebirth.jpg ~ ds1 July 8,2007 and ds2 born December 31,2009 and loving my awesome dh!! mdcblog5.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page