Mothering Forum banner

Jackson County, FL - Need midwife and pediatrician

416 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  SheBear 
#1 ·
I'm going to be moving into Jackson County, FL in just a few weeks. I am 30 weeks pregnant and need to find a midwife ASAP since I will be due for another prenatal visit when I get down there.

I also need a pediatrician or family doctor that will not hassle me about a religious exemption to vaccinations. I will need him/her by the beginning of July (I'm due the 15th).

Any recommendations?

Thanks ladies!!

#4 ·
my awesome wonderful midwife is in Andalusia, AL, which is about 2 hours from Jackson county (depending on what part of the county, obviously). I dunno if she normally travels that far, or if she'd be willing to, but if you'd like to contact her, at least it'd be a starting place--if she can't help you, perhaps she can direct you to someone who can!

Want me to PM you her info?

As for pediatricians, there's one ARNP in Crestview who's cool about vax. We use him; he's Paul Tartarilla at Crestview Pediatric and Adolescent Center. I always have to give the disclaimer though, that the ped in the office, Dr. Joseph Peter, is NOT someone you'd want to take your children to! But if you schedule appts. just with Dr. Paul, you'd be fine....

(PS, we are in Okaloosa County, so sorta almost neighbors!
Welcome to the area!
And check out FCL of NW Florida....it's a big drive for you to attend meetings or anything, but you can still connect via the yahoo group, etc.)

#5 ·
Yes, I would very much like her info. I've tried calling around a few places I found, but between midwives that don't deliver (what is the point of that?) and the fact I have Medicaid so health clinics out of state won't take me, I've been having quite the run around!

Thanks for the tip about Dr. Tartarilla - he's a little further away than I'd like but so far I've not found anyone closer!!

Thanks for the welcome! What is FCL?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheBear View Post
my awesome wonderful midwife is in Andalusia, AL, which is about 2 hours from Jackson county (depending on what part of the county, obviously). I dunno if she normally travels that far, or if she'd be willing to, but if you'd like to contact her, at least it'd be a starting place--if she can't help you, perhaps she can direct you to someone who can!

Want me to PM you her info?

As for pediatricians, there's one ARNP in Crestview who's cool about vax. We use him; he's Paul Tartarilla at Crestview Pediatric and Adolescent Center.

(PS, we are in Okaloosa County, so sorta almost neighbors!
Welcome to the area!
And check out FCL of NW Florida....it's a big drive for you to attend meetings or anything, but you can still connect via the yahoo group, etc.)

#6 ·
FCL = Families for Conscious Living. Sorry, I intended to make that a link in the last post. I just discovered the group myself; it was started by an MDC mama who moved into the area. I haven't attended any meetings, and I prolly won't get to, at least not very often if ever, but it's nice to be able to connect even if just by computer, and at least now I know where to ask first if I'm searching for doctors who will put up with our wacky ways, or anything else that flies in the face of mainstream.

I'll PM you my mw's info. Hope it helps!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.