Ktichen renovations - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-29-2003, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I moved into a new-to-us 1905 house over the weekend and discovered that the kitchen is not only small, but HORRIBLY designed. How any sane person could have made the choices they did, I cannot fathom. We managed to fit everything in, but it's going to be a total pain to do anything in there. So replacing the cupboards and drawers has moved up our list of fix-it projects very quickly.

I remember someone on here had a really crappy cupboard-installing experience, and I imagine it was followed up by a much better one. I'd like to get a couple estimates in the very near future. If anyone has companies to recommend or warn me against, I'd really appreciate it. Feel free to reply here or PM me.

I live in South Minneapolis.

Thanks

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 09-29-2003, 05:51 PM

Congratulations on your new home Amy!
and the person you want to pm (so she notices this) is Sara Mama. good luck w/ the renovations.
#3 of 4 Old 09-29-2003, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Snow. I am too tired/lazy to look up old threads (I'm also too out of it to spell kitchen correctly) I'm PM her.

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
#4 of 4 Old 09-30-2003, 01:53 AM

Amy our house was built in 1909 and we redid our kitchen plus many rooms completely redone when we bought the house. We actually got our cabinets at Home Depot and my friend from college designs kitchens for the Bloomington Store. She even came out to our house a few times and that was nice. We love our kitchen and it was cramped and now we have lotsa cupboard space. The cabinets are great too, not custom or anything but we are happy. So is dh and he works in the industry. Anyway go see Karen and if you want come over, maybe before EG on the 30???

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page