Bus ride to albany to stop vaccine bill - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-30-2008, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
To All,

I went to Albany yesterday.

IT IS IMPERATIVE WE GET TO ALBANY IN A GROUP on June 10th. Bill 10942 is being pushed by many parties with $BIG MONEY$. There was an Assembly Health Committee Meeting yesterday. Bill 10942 was discussed. The meeting was too crowded for me to to get in. But the pharmaceutical company lobbyists arrived early and got seats along with the attention of the lawmakers. THEY WANT THIS PASSED-- RIGHT NOW THERE IS NOTHING TO STOP THEM.

The link to 10942: http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=A10942

The bill is frightening. Mandatory flu shots are right around the corner. They did it in NJ--they can do it here.

TOGETHER, WE CAN SHOW THEM NEW YORKERS WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS

More points:

1.) Sheldon Silver, Assembly Speaker (518) 455-3791, is the single biggest roadblock to the Philosophical Exemption Bill. Silver needs to be pushed. Fifty people in his office is a PUSH IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

2.) I was told, point blank, by a member of the Health Committee that a parent's right to choose DOES NOT trump public health (or this parties perception of public health).

3.) The media WILL cover 50 people with a common cause. COVERAGE IS ESSENTIAL. I have lots of media contacts at this point-- they will all be invited.

4.) My visit made a difference yesterday-- people noticed, lawmakers listened. BUT WE NEED MORE PEOPLE TO GET IT DONE.

I know leaving your life for a day is tough-- I had to jump through hoops yesterday. BUT THIS BILL WILL DIRECTLY AFFECT OUR LIVES AND FREEDOM AS SOON AS IT IS PASSED. So far, there are 13 people committed to go. We need 37 more!

I am attaching a flyer for the 'BUS TRIP TO ALBANY.' Call friends, family. Print the flyer and hang it in local stores. Forward this e-mail to everyone you know-- the more we get the word out, the better our chances are of getting it done. E-mail natural healers, doulas, chiropractors, pregnant women, health food stores etc. Forward, forward, forward. I've already rec'd three emails from people Upstate who are willing to meet us on the 10th so forwarding is the way to go-- free, quick, effective

Let me know ASAP if you can make the 10th!

Rita M. Palma
www.mykidsmychoice.com
[email protected]
Dedicated to Informed Rights of Parents

Medium Sessions, Psychic Readings, Astrology Consultations and Mother Blessings www.magicalmoongarden.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 06-05-2008, 01:58 PM

Hi there - I am a doula and live in Albany - can you post more info on where you would like to meet up, and who to look for? I know many people who may be interested and can easily spread the word through moms groups and other doulas, etc.... but I'd like some more info first. Thanks! my email is [email protected]
#3 of 8 Old 06-08-2008, 10:48 AM

: Anyone have further details for those of us already in the area? I tried the email address attached to the announcement and got a message saying the inbox is full. Evidently a lot of people are contacting this woman.
#4 of 8 Old 06-09-2008, 02:42 PM

Where: Capitol Building steps, Albany, NY
When: June 10th, 2008 @ 11:30 a.m.
Who: All parents that can attend.

Just got this from CFIC.
#5 of 8 Old 06-10-2008, 10:05 PM

Hi everyone. I wasn't able to attend the rally today and was so upset about it. I really wanted to make it and was planning on it. Anyway, so for those of you who went, how was it? Anything come out of it?? I taped the news programs, but haven't watched them yet.

Thanks!

Kristin, Lactivist and co-sleeping SAHM. My daughter is 6 yrs old, and my son is 22 mos old. Would love baby #3 shy.gif

selectivevax.gif  nocirc.gif lactivist.gif dust.gif

#6 of 8 Old 06-10-2008, 10:11 PM

#7 of 8 Old 06-10-2008, 10:11 PM

I could only stay for about half an hour once most people got there, but it looked like Channel 10 was there, and several people were interviewed for a publication whose name I can't remember. I estimated about 75 adults, and probably at least one child per adult. I saw lots of slings around. There Rita Palma was interviewed on camera, and that's what was happening when I had to go home. So I'd be interested in what happened at the meeting afterward.
#8 of 8 Old 06-10-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahEiley View Post
Awesome! I saw one glimpse of myself! Funny, no one from the department of health was available.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page