Sunny July in PDX - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter
 
Lovely's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: In a DNA world
Posts: 2,448
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yippee! I've always wanted to start a new thread. Now I actually get to because nobody started one at midnight

Hooray for July! It is a busy month for me but I'm so excited because I get to see friends from NYC and from Texas!

What are YOU doing that you are excited about?
Lovely is offline  
#2 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 12:07 PM
 
karen1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Milwaukie, OR
Posts: 3,455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
Yippee! I've always wanted to start a new thread. Now I actually get to because nobody started one at midnight

Hooray for July! It is a busy month for me but I'm so excited because I get to see friends from NYC and from Texas!

What are YOU doing that you are excited about?
July totally snuck up on me!

I'm just excited that DH doesn't have to go into work all month :

Sav I'm a total dork and haven't been paying attention to the calendar, so totally FORGOT that Friday is the 4th. Bummer. We are free THIS afternoon, but I'm thinking you work today

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
karen1968 is offline  
#3 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 12:11 PM
 
forsythia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: sleepless baby heaven...
Posts: 2,688
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's so cute Lee! I'm glad you got to start the thread! I was up with strawberries last night...getting ready to make some strawberry jam!

We went raspberry picking yesterday w/friends at Kruger's. I'm hoping to get lots more done.

I'm actually excited about stuffing my freezer and stocking my shelves!

Well there is that excitement of preserving food for our family and then there is this little babe growing inside of me that will soon greet us...in about 5 weeks(give or take)!!!
forsythia is offline  
#4 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 12:22 PM
 
buffybutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsythia View Post
That's so cute Lee! I'm glad you got to start the thread! I was up with strawberries last night...getting ready to make some strawberry jam!

We went raspberry picking yesterday w/friends at Kruger's. I'm hoping to get lots more done.

I'm actually excited about stuffing my freezer and stocking my shelves!

Well there is that excitement of preserving food for our family and then there is this little babe growing inside of me that will soon greet us...in about 5 weeks(give or take)!!!
It will all fly by in a breeze sweet friend, I miss you:



I put away 13 lbs ( not alot but shocked that I got that much with the shorties around) of strawberry freezer jam this weekend and I used the pamona's pectin and it set just fine for me, yay!!!!!

Im excited for the OCF, good food, good people, lots to look at::

and my birthday!!!! ( its the 16th)

and watching our sweet boys grow
buffybutt is offline  
#5 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 12:23 PM
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savmay View Post
www.portlandparks.org

Rose City Park one is monday and weds from 2:30 to 6. We will try to make it every week, it is only two blocks away! Have we met?

Anyone have a recommendation for a pediatric dentist OTHER than Dr. Pike? A friend left a comment on my blog that they had a not so good experience with Pike and now her son won't go back. She is looking for other gentle dentists...
Krista Badger was pretty good, and I found her from some other recs from the portland tribe. And it might be good to switch up the gender if he had a bad experience with Pike.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
#6 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 12:25 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 16,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am happy DH starts a new job this month, and in the meantime has 10 days off to eat through vacation time at his old job. Whoopy! :

We are going to the zoo on Wed. Gas being what it is, this is going to be our family trip for the summer. And we are talking the max in.
aniT is offline  
#7 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 12:35 PM
 
zeldabee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pee Dee Ecks
Posts: 4,032
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Forgot it was July...
zeldabee is offline  
#8 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 12:49 PM
 
Indysmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 905
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy July everyone!

I'm happy that DH's big project at his new work got put on hold so no travel (he was planning to travel to Northern California every other week for 4 days) in the foreseeable future!

I'm so relieved that as of today, our whole family has medical and dental :

I'm excited that my mom will be visiting for a week starting Sunday and we are going to Seaside for 4 days of it.

I'm so thrilled Indy will be four in less than 2 months and that he will start preschool three mornings a week in September!

Here's to hoping that the weather stays in the 80's because we were severely hurting here with no AC... The weekend was exceptionally hard on Gracie because it was so hot she did not get regular naps at all, stumbled around and got way too many bangs and falls for her little body.

Off to get breakfast going for all : Have a great day!
Indysmom is offline  
#9 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 01:03 PM
 
buffybutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indysmom View Post
Happy July everyone!

I'm happy that DH's big project at his new work got put on hold so no travel (he was planning to travel to Northern California every other week for 4 days) in the foreseeable future!

I'm so relieved that as of today, our whole family has medical and dental :

I'm excited that my mom will be visiting for a week starting Sunday and we are going to Seaside for 4 days of it.

I'm so thrilled Indy will be four in less than 2 months and that he will start preschool three mornings a week in September!

Here's to hoping that the weather stays in the 80's because we were severely hurting here with no AC... The weekend was exceptionally hard on Gracie because it was so hot she did not get regular naps at all, stumbled around and got way too many bangs and falls for her little body.

Off to get breakfast going for all : Have a great day!
Summer thats so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Were headed to the pirate park with Claudia and boys this morning if you want to join us:
buffybutt is offline  
#10 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 01:13 PM
 
OneWithTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: House of chaos
Posts: 3,105
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
Oh... Ericka, honey! It sounds like you have a bad infection. Call the dentist, pronto, and tell them about it! That isn't normal for a root canal. There should be after hours, or on-call dentists, at least I would hope.

Did they give you anything at the ER?
they gave me a strong dose of penicillin and more vicoden. my right side is still really swollen, but my left side isn't...but man all those lymph node spots still hurt like a b@(*&.


ON A GOOD NOTE....

Campbell had her 2 yr exam yesterday. She is 22lbs and in the 5% and 32.5in tall and in the 25%.
They are NO LONGER concerned about her weight :
However, we have a video EEg on the 12th at Emanuel which we could be there for upto 4days. This is to decipher wether she is having seizures or sleep apnea or just breath holding spells. It's also to monitor behavior and get what really happens on video. Which I am completely glad for, cause I want to get to the root of this problem, we have been dealing with this for almost a year now.
We also discussed vaccines. The doctor is SOOO comfortable with delaying them.
Let me just say, I LOVE Dr. Anne Vestegarrd at Broadway Medical Clinic.:

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

OneWithTwo is offline  
#11 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 01:19 PM
 
OneWithTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: House of chaos
Posts: 3,105
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
is it normal for a child to be obsessed(sp?) with trains?

OH MY is my child ever obsessed with thomas the train. We have a train table that I bought her for her birthday and she has lots of tracks...some thomas, some target's learning tree, some melissa and doug. We have to have about 50 trains, if not more.
She wakes up talking about trains and goes to bed talking about trains. The other day during the thunderstorm, she thought the thunder was a train and kept looking for it.
We also have thomas books, movies, a train hat, a thomas interactive phone, magnet set, books on cd and so forth.

I kinda wanted her to be into girly things...does that sound bad? Like I bought her that kitchen at Christmas with all the wooden food...and it doesn't ever get touched. Or she got some cool tea sets for her birthday and doesn't have an interest in them. Not even into her baby dolls anymore...she'll play with her doll sling though..and put trains into it.

the other day she had a gift card to Target and she picked out cars :/
I love her...but I'm not into trains and I am trying to be I just wish I could play dolls or tea parties with her :/

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

OneWithTwo is offline  
#12 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 01:30 PM
 
OneWithTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: House of chaos
Posts: 3,105
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
I got that sheet of paper while I was out today and was able to find a food bank to help me from that list.
Yes, Jim and I are actually married. I told them at DSHS we had no food and they still would not give us expedited processing because DH had income in June. Never mind that he hadn't received a paycheck since June 6th... If I'd waited until July 1st to apply we could have gotten our benefits the same day. But my caseworker told me that at the end of our appointment. Sigh.
I was told by the WIC intake person that very same thing, and was told with a very solemn voice that many, many people are in the exact same position my family is. It makes me feel so sad for everyone, because I know what a weight it is for me to carry.

I just have to say that I am so, so thankful to have this community. I have gotten so many sweet PMs, and Lyla stopped by with food and Tiffany sent me some PayPal and a mama I have never met offered more help...I'm just really overwhelmed feeling the love here. I just really want you all to know that I appreciate it so much. You guys rock the hardest, seriously.
I am so grateful that I get WIC and help from the state.
I lost my job 3 weeks ago, so my brother is the only one bringing in income right now. We're struggling too. Although, because there is only two of us and campbell, we don't eat that much and we get $425 in food stamps and while we do run out in the middle of the month..I always try to stock up to last us to the 5th. We're cutting it really close right now. Nothing fresh...but I think we'll make it to Saturday. I'm hoping that my blueberries raspberries ripen soon...then I can pick fresh berries off my back porch :
the only thing campbell is missing right now is bananas. It's her favorite and well...just not in the budget.

no circ/vax-babywearer-cosleeping-pumping/breastfeeding-homeschooling single mama

TTC #3

OneWithTwo is offline  
#13 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 01:53 PM
 
blissfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Poh-land
Posts: 1,719
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Yes Rebekah, I'm deathly afraid that you might sign off for the summer. BLAH! Wow, congrats on no workies though!!!! SO COOL!
I think it's a distinct possibility. It took me a day to read/quote from this past Thursday on...and while I try to post, Milo is chasing Zel as a zombie saying "brains brains" while she giggles and runs...I don't feel super worthy to stay home if I'm thinking about sneaking off to catch up with my lady friends.

So...my home e-mail of rebekah
at
blissfish
dot
com

would be a great way to reach me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottiew View Post
um, i have chatter. ALL. THE. TIME. if he's not talking and demanding his specified responses, then he's making woohoo train noises. i get the idea there's a band playing in his head all the time or something.
Sure, I just meant there wasn't the whiny, ridiculous melty-downy stuff as much. More : less

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellarstella View Post
Congratulations on your last day, Rebekah!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Savmay View Post
Congrats to Rebekah for manifesting this summertime with your babes
play soon?
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Wah! I just got busted for failing to stop at a stop sign! It was just a warning, but one that I'll definitely heed. I guess I've been totally cavalier about this particular intersection; I even thought that I'd stopped at it. : Thank goodness it was a warning, I was having visions of having to report it to the insurance agent 2 days before we switched to a new policy. Yikes!
On your bike or in your car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
I like that! When do we see you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottiew View Post
so. you know, it's real cute when your kid asks why, why, why... for oh about 6 months. now, it's extremly annoying, because he's looping... he asks a whole series then repeats the whole thing. i try to be sooo nice and answer them all, but im getting too exasperated. i tell him that he already knows, that he just asked, i just told him, and to stop repeating questions so many times. i feel so bad, i was probably like that and hated feeling annoying and then just did it more and still felt bad... but i answer honestly and completely, and he can ask for HOURS and HOURSZ.... i suppose i could change the subject? he's such a talker, i don't always want to talk for HOURS every afternoon... especiually when he must lead and control the conversation, he will even tell me what to say, 'can y ou say that, c an you can you'?

so...
why is that car stopped? why does the light go green-yellow-red and not red-yellow-green, why does an up arrow mean go straight, why do some people honk, why do some people like red cars, why do some trucks have wheels that they do not use, why are brakes loud, why does the train not go on the road and the cars on tracks? why do some cars have 3 red lights and some have 5 red lights and some trucks have no yellow lights? why?

what would happen if we drove off the road? what would happen if we saw the police? what would happen if i threw my shoes? what would happen if i ate my shoes? what would happen if cats wore shoes? ....

ok, now that sounds funny... but IT"S NOT!!!
: Not funny to YOU...but to us?? : : mah huh hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savmay;11595203[B
Anyone have a recommendation for a pediatric dentist OTHER than Dr. Pike?[/B] A friend left a comment on my blog that they had a not so good experience with Pike and now her son won't go back. She is looking for other gentle dentists...
Our insurance used to cover Dr. Shu at Shoebox Dental in Bethany village. He's very nice with great staff. A zillion miles away from us and stuff (in the building where I used to work), but very nice....

SO... all around, and please contact me offline if you think of me? I'll try to keep up, but it's not something I'm, as Savvy would put it, manifesting for myself. I'm manifesting 78-degree weather every day and rain at night for my plants. I'm manifesting an awesome used bike with the stupid rebate check we finally got. And I'm trying to manifest sanity for our pending trip to Utah. And playdates. Playdates? PLAYDATES!!

Sara...?

read.gif, mom to wild.gif and dust.gif, partner to malesling.GIF
blissfish is offline  
#14 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 02:00 PM
 
Phoenix_Rising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my head
Posts: 3,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OCF in two and a half weeks! Yippee

Lydia- I'm sorry you are worrying about having food for your family. It is scary to worry about stuff like that. I wish I could help somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickalynne View Post
we get $425 in food stamps and while we do run out in the middle of the month..I always try to stock up to last us to the 5th.
Wow. I wish we got food stamps. I think last month we spent $200 on groceries.

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
Phoenix_Rising is offline  
#15 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 02:39 PM
 
jstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: portland
Posts: 2,900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsythia View Post

Well there is that excitement of preserving food for our family and then there is this little babe growing inside of me that will soon greet us...in about 5 weeks(give or take)!!!
eeeeeek! that is so soon. and yet it will feel like forever when you are the pregnant one :::

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Krista Badger was pretty good, and I found her from some other recs from the portland tribe. And it might be good to switch up the gender if he had a bad experience with Pike.
i've heard good things about her too. i FINALLY got on the bandwagon and made an appointment for isaac at dr pike's for the end of this month. and then the next day he sees an optometrist to see if he needs glasses. our ped screened his vision at 20/50 we have neither vision or dental insurance so those visits are going to be a doozy. i'm choosing to do those things (and pay other bills) instead of paying my quarterly self-employment taxes. so that will hurt next spring too. i owe a whopping three grand to providence for my appendectomy (after insurance). we don't have it hello payment plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickalynne View Post
They are NO LONGER concerned about her weight :
[/COLOR]
that is great! and i hope you feel better. the trains in the sling thing is cute.



tiff - don't feel guilty about stressing. ebin is still getting most of his calories from bm. my mom was here last week to babysit because i had a conference to attend. she said 'he doesn't really eat much!' he's 13 months today. at this time isaac was really chowing down on the solids....i think because i worked full time and he just didn't dig bottles.



july! we just did most of our fun things in june. i'm just looking forward to the flowers blooming in the yard. playing with the kids. loving the summer sun!!!
jstar is offline  
#16 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 02:54 PM
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Awe, Lovely Sunny July - I love it!


Last Friday I was taking my sweet time at the ATM while the machine beep beep beeped at me to take my card back. Whatever - I have a toddler, beeping means nothing to me. BUT, I should have paid closer attention because it sucked back my card. Yesterday I called USBank to get it back, but because my address has changed they're considering it a stolen card. : The account number is no good, all of my automatic payments will need to be changed, I have to go to a branch location to get a new card.. ARGH! Stupid stupid. She even asked if the PIN was away from the card and safe, if I had signed the back, etc. WTF? The card is safe in the ATM, right? Why are you worrying about me signing the back, it wasn't Stolen! Grrr.

Um.

Hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissfish View Post

SO... all around, and please contact me offline if you think of me? I'll try to keep up, but it's not something I'm, as Savvy would put it, manifesting for myself. I'm manifesting 78-degree weather every day and rain at night for my plants. I'm manifesting an awesome used bike with the stupid rebate check we finally got. And I'm trying to manifest sanity for our pending trip to Utah. And playdates. Playdates? PLAYDATES!!

Sara...?
Hey! No fair! I'm stuck responding to a quote written by someone who won't be back to check. I think I probably should have a playdate soon. The only trouble is the playroom is up in the attic, which gets really hot towards the end of the day. Yeah, the kids could hang out and have fun downstairs, but they'd have significantly more fun up in the awesome playroom. I'll have to think about it.

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
#17 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 03:30 PM
 
SleepyMamaBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver, Wa
Posts: 9,050
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sav, Dr Royse is who Addy sees for toothly stuff. she loves him, he is kind and gentle and so is his staff. they have a great play space, and they are really patient for kids who are anxious.
he talked Addy through everything. letting her feel all his tools, and even let her hold the spitty sucker thingy by herself when she asked to. it is a great place.
and its downtown

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
SleepyMamaBear is offline  
#18 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 03:59 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 16,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In laws went home. :

That is all.
aniT is offline  
#19 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 04:08 PM
 
karen1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Milwaukie, OR
Posts: 3,455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indysmom View Post
Happy July everyone!

I'm happy that DH's big project at his new work got put on hold so no travel (he was planning to travel to Northern California every other week for 4 days) in the foreseeable future!

I'm so relieved that as of today, our whole family has medical and dental :
Summer! What a great positive post from you! It's so nice to hear that things are looking good for you and your family. Hopefully Taiger won't have to travel for a while! Enjoy the coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissfish View Post
I think it's a distinct possibility. It took me a day to read/quote from this past Thursday on...and while I try to post, Milo is chasing Zel as a zombie saying "brains brains" while she giggles and runs...I don't feel super worthy to stay home if I'm thinking about sneaking off to catch up with my lady friends.

I like that! When do we see you?
Honey, when you stay home is EXACTLY when you think about sneaking off to catch up with lady friends. 'Cause when else do you get anything resembling an adult conversation??

You see me as soon as you say, "Play. Here. Now." or something Actually, I thought of you the other day when we drove past your house...well, over the bridge, so close enough! Thought of dropping by, but I'm never sure if people are open to drive-by visits. Anyway, DH is home for the summer, and aside from a few too many dentist appointments, our days are wide open. :

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
karen1968 is offline  
#20 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 04:09 PM
 
karen1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Milwaukie, OR
Posts: 3,455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
In laws went home. :

That is all.
Isn't that a great feeling? Even when you LIKE the in-laws, it's nice when the visit is over.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
karen1968 is offline  
#21 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 04:12 PM
 
kaPOW!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 7,335
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post

You see me as soon as you say, "Play. Here. Now." or something Actually, I thought of you the other day when we drove past your house...well, over the bridge, so close enough! Thought of dropping by, but I'm never sure if people are open to drive-by visits. Anyway, DH is home for the summer, and aside from a few too many dentist appointments, our days are wide open. :
Do you guys have a treatment plan more extensive than the varnishes?

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
kaPOW! is offline  
#22 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 04:17 PM
 
frogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: p-town
Posts: 4,684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Leslie-mom to Carson and Madison :, Sage Tree :, and Buckbeak, Tonks, and Luna
frogger is offline  
#23 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 04:57 PM
 
karen1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Milwaukie, OR
Posts: 3,455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Do you guys have a treatment plan more extensive than the varnishes?
OK, this had me going for a minute...No, no. Only one of the appointments is for Chase. DH is getting two fillings replaced, and I have two cavities I haven't had a cavity in over 20 years; I have no idea what is going on, but I've stepped my dental hygiene WAY up, and am working on my own nutrition

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
karen1968 is offline  
#24 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 04:59 PM
 
aniT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon, by way of Cali.
Posts: 16,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
Isn't that a great feeling? Even when you LIKE the in-laws, it's nice when the visit is over.
Yes it is! But now I am a bit annoyed that I had some clarification from DH.

MIL made cookies. BEFORE dinner last night the girls each had one. They asked for another and I said no. I few minutes later I saw Bre eating one. I reminded her I told her she couldn't have one and she said, Elizabeth has ones. So DH called Elizabeth into the room and asked if she had a cookie. She shakes her head no from across the room as we see her chewing. DH called her closer and had her open her mouth with chocolate chips on her tongue and crumbs on her face. (she never said it was from the first cookie so I don't think it was.) So DH grounded her from having any more of the cookies for lying about it.

So this morning DH had to go into work to do a few things. MIL tells me in front of DD that she told DH she had slaved away in a hot kitchen making those cookies and he could just ground DD from something else. (I assumed DH had agreed to this why else would she be telling me this?) So I called DH and asked him after they left and he said his mom said that to him but he never agreed to it. So why is she telling ME this behind his back in front of DD? Ug. So his next words were, "I hate my mom." I told him he needed to explain this to DD without talking negatively about his mom. He is not sure he can do it.
aniT is offline  
#25 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 06:14 PM
 
Hedy B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,778
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
Yippee! I've always wanted to start a new thread. Now I actually get to because nobody started one at midnight

Hooray for July! It is a busy month for me but I'm so excited because I get to see friends from NYC and from Texas!

What are YOU doing that you are excited about?
I'm excited that the weather is finally nice, and I get to see my BFF in a week! Yay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsythia View Post
That's so cute Lee! I'm glad you got to start the thread! I was up with strawberries last night...getting ready to make some strawberry jam!

We went raspberry picking yesterday w/friends at Kruger's. I'm hoping to get lots more done.

I'm actually excited about stuffing my freezer and stocking my shelves!

Well there is that excitement of preserving food for our family and then there is this little babe growing inside of me that will soon greet us...in about 5 weeks(give or take)!!!

Yeah, we need to clean our freezer out. I'm so excited to be starting to pick some good fruit and have some frozen for a few months!

Anyone know of good places to pick peaches, and when that starts???


Quote:
Originally Posted by erickalynne View Post
they gave me a strong dose of penicillin and more vicoden. my right side is still really swollen, but my left side isn't...but man all those lymph node spots still hurt like a b@(*&.


ON A GOOD NOTE....

Campbell had her 2 yr exam yesterday. She is 22lbs and in the 5% and 32.5in tall and in the 25%.
They are NO LONGER concerned about her weight :
However, we have a video EEg on the 12th at Emanuel which we could be there for upto 4days. This is to decipher wether she is having seizures or sleep apnea or just breath holding spells. It's also to monitor behavior and get what really happens on video. Which I am completely glad for, cause I want to get to the root of this problem, we have been dealing with this for almost a year now.
We also discussed vaccines. The doctor is SOOO comfortable with delaying them.
Let me just say, I LOVE Dr. Anne Vestegarrd at Broadway Medical Clinic.:
That's great about the 2 year visit! Yay! Hopefully the EEg goes well. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickalynne View Post
is it normal for a child to be obsessed(sp?) with trains?

OH MY is my child ever obsessed with thomas the train. We have a train table that I bought her for her birthday and she has lots of tracks...some thomas, some target's learning tree, some melissa and doug. We have to have about 50 trains, if not more.
She wakes up talking about trains and goes to bed talking about trains. The other day during the thunderstorm, she thought the thunder was a train and kept looking for it.
We also have thomas books, movies, a train hat, a thomas interactive phone, magnet set, books on cd and so forth.

I kinda wanted her to be into girly things...does that sound bad? Like I bought her that kitchen at Christmas with all the wooden food...and it doesn't ever get touched. Or she got some cool tea sets for her birthday and doesn't have an interest in them. Not even into her baby dolls anymore...she'll play with her doll sling though..and put trains into it.

the other day she had a gift card to Target and she picked out cars :/
I love her...but I'm not into trains and I am trying to be I just wish I could play dolls or tea parties with her :/
Ha ha. My mom always teases me about the possibility that my girls might be rodeo princesses. Oh... man, I hope she's wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissfish View Post
I think it's a distinct possibility. It took me a day to read/quote from this past Thursday on...and while I try to post, Milo is chasing Zel as a zombie saying "brains brains" while she giggles and runs...I don't feel super worthy to stay home if I'm thinking about sneaking off to catch up with my lady friends.

So...my home e-mail of rebekah
at
blissfish
dot
com

would be a great way to reach me.

Cool! I almost called you earlier to see what you were up to. Want to have a playdate sometime this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Awe, Lovely Sunny July - I love it!


Last Friday I was taking my sweet time at the ATM while the machine beep beep beeped at me to take my card back. Whatever - I have a toddler, beeping means nothing to me. BUT, I should have paid closer attention because it sucked back my card. Yesterday I called USBank to get it back, but because my address has changed they're considering it a stolen card. : The account number is no good, all of my automatic payments will need to be changed, I have to go to a branch location to get a new card.. ARGH! Stupid stupid. She even asked if the PIN was away from the card and safe, if I had signed the back, etc. WTF? The card is safe in the ATM, right? Why are you worrying about me signing the back, it wasn't Stolen! Grrr.

Um.

Hi.



Hey! No fair! I'm stuck responding to a quote written by someone who won't be back to check. I think I probably should have a playdate soon. The only trouble is the playroom is up in the attic, which gets really hot towards the end of the day. Yeah, the kids could hang out and have fun downstairs, but they'd have significantly more fun up in the awesome playroom. I'll have to think about it.
Oh man, that sucks! Kinda reminds me of when I kept using the wrong pin. The pin that we had used two years previously... so many times, that it wouldn't let me transact at all, and we had to get a new card. That sucked. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
In laws went home. :

That is all.
Yaay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogger View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by AddysMama View Post
Hedy, when can i bring you some bags?
Anytime. I am thinking about having a playdate sometime this week. Not Friday though, since we are leaving for Eugene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhisperV View Post
I just came to say goodbye for awhile. After a lot of back and forth, FIL is moving in with us for sure, tomorrow. We thought he was coming Saturday, but he just wasn't ready. Now, he doesn't have a choice.

I'll try to check in once in awhile (if he decides to take the storage/bedroom, then I'll have more time). And of course I'll still be available by email (I can always make excuses to check it), but I probably won't be posting much.
This is very stressful for us, so please lots of fingersex that we can get a house soon. We have a couple that look promising.
: :

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisasaurus View Post
so does anyone have an updated schedule of functioning water features? i can't seem to figure when parks use their wading pools etc. we got lucky and ended up at laurelhurst today.... but rose city park is way more convenient.
I would check out Portland parks and recreation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aolinsmama View Post
Are we still on for tomorrow?


yep! see ya then Hedy! yippee!

btw, i started a blog tonight, i should be so sleepy but darnitall, i'm not. off to take some valerian. good night mamas!
It was good to see you today! LMK if you want to do anything else before next week!
Hedy B. is offline  
#26 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 08:02 PM
 
spottiew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NoPo
Posts: 2,010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickalynne View Post
is it normal for a child to be obsessed(sp?) with trains?

OH MY is my child ever obsessed with thomas the train. We have a train table that I bought her for her birthday and she has lots of tracks...some thomas, some target's learning tree, some melissa and doug. We have to have about 50 trains, if not more.
She wakes up talking about trains and goes to bed talking about trains. The other day during the thunderstorm, she thought the thunder was a train and kept looking for it.
We also have thomas books, movies, a train hat, a thomas interactive phone, magnet set, books on cd and so forth.

I kinda wanted her to be into girly things...does that sound bad? Like I bought her that kitchen at Christmas with all the wooden food...and it doesn't ever get touched. Or she got some cool tea sets for her birthday and doesn't have an interest in them. Not even into her baby dolls anymore...she'll play with her doll sling though..and put trains into it.

the other day she had a gift card to Target and she picked out cars :/
I love her...but I'm not into trains and I am trying to be I just wish I could play dolls or tea parties with her :/

ericka: kieran lives breathes and dreams trains. he could spent all day just lying on his stomach, making woowoo noises, and watching the wheels go round. every toy becomes a train. maybe we should have a train playday
spottiew is offline  
#27 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 08:07 PM
 
spottiew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NoPo
Posts: 2,010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blissfish View Post


: Not funny to YOU...but to us?? : : mah huh hahaha!

why is that car stopped? why does the light go green-yellow-red and not red-yellow-green, why does an up arrow mean go straight, why do some people honk, why do some people like red cars, why do some trucks have wheels that they do not use, why are brakes loud, why does the train not go on the road and the cars on tracks? why do some cars have 3 red lights and some have 5 red lights and some trucks have no yellow lights? why?

what would happen if we drove off the road? what would happen if we saw the police? what would happen if i threw my shoes? what would happen if i ate my shoes? what would happen if cats wore shoes? ....
ok here are the answers:
because it's a red light, because that's how traffic lights work, because an arrow going forward wouldn't look like an arrow from behind, because they want to talk to other cars, because they are not carrying a big load, because they have parts that rub on each other, because all cars are decorated differently.

we would crash, we would say 'hi police!!', i would put your shoes in my bag, same, they wouldn't fit...


sara, are you doing any vita this year? undestand if you are busy, just don't go without us!

and i like pediatric dentistry in hollywood.. you can opt out of flouride.
spottiew is offline  
#28 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 08:14 PM
 
spottiew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NoPo
Posts: 2,010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok, this was monday at the pool. school pickup: fine. car: fine. changing, potty, shower: fine. ready for lesson? freak out! hide, cry, can't pick up... he knows that if he even goes near the pool, he will get pulled in... i said kieran you ahve to watch the lesson, to see what it's all about... the teacher had to come and pick him up, he cried for 20 mins, then was quiet for 10. and then, after, he says. 'i loved it'. what???? i said then why were you sad at first? he says 'i wanted to get out'. but kieran, you weren't IN yet... a part of me says he's not in the mood for these lessons, and i would just go some other time, but we are going to bahamas in oct for a weeding ooops i mean wedding so husband says now is the time. all the other kids are either older or babies. babies who swim well, too! kieran liked hte pool until lessons. he has some block against gettin gin... i just feel so bad having her drag him in crying, cause he rarely all out cries that way. i keep saying tell uis what is wrong... he's tired, for one, becauase, AS ALWAYS *everything* will be at the wrong time for us... the other kids don't nap, but he *needs* one... blah. poor chimp. he's actually aslep in the car now i got to go get him soon and see if we can have a nice time for the rest of the day,,,
spottiew is offline  
#29 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 08:51 PM
 
Hedy B.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,778
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spottiew View Post
ok here are the answers:
because it's a red light, because that's how traffic lights work, because an arrow going forward wouldn't look like an arrow from behind, because they want to talk to other cars, because they are not carrying a big load, because they have parts that rub on each other, because all cars are decorated differently.

we would crash, we would say 'hi police!!', i would put your shoes in my bag, same, they wouldn't fit...


sara, are you doing any vita this year? undestand if you are busy, just don't go without us!

and i like pediatric dentistry in hollywood.. you can opt out of flouride.
Oh, I would also like a Vita night soon. I get paid next week, so either Monday or Tuesday night would work for us. We leave for the farm Wednesday. I'm trying to convince Todd that we need to leave late, because the less one-on-one time with Grandma, the better. Ideally, I'd like to get there in time to put them to bed, then wake up and go to Boise, so we can avoid having a meal with her without extra buffers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottiew View Post
ok, this was monday at the pool. school pickup: fine. car: fine. changing, potty, shower: fine. ready for lesson? freak out! hide, cry, can't pick up... he knows that if he even goes near the pool, he will get pulled in... i said kieran you ahve to watch the lesson, to see what it's all about... the teacher had to come and pick him up, he cried for 20 mins, then was quiet for 10. and then, after, he says. 'i loved it'. what???? i said then why were you sad at first? he says 'i wanted to get out'. but kieran, you weren't IN yet... a part of me says he's not in the mood for these lessons, and i would just go some other time, but we are going to bahamas in oct for a weeding ooops i mean wedding so husband says now is the time. all the other kids are either older or babies. babies who swim well, too! kieran liked hte pool until lessons. he has some block against gettin gin... i just feel so bad having her drag him in crying, cause he rarely all out cries that way. i keep saying tell uis what is wrong... he's tired, for one, becauase, AS ALWAYS *everything* will be at the wrong time for us... the other kids don't nap, but he *needs* one... blah. poor chimp. he's actually aslep in the car now i got to go get him soon and see if we can have a nice time for the rest of the day,,,
Sounds like he just needs time to adjust? Did he eventually enjoy it after a while?
Hedy B. is offline  
#30 of 1730 Old 07-01-2008, 09:08 PM
 
Phoenix_Rising's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my head
Posts: 3,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank goodness for the mail today. We got last month's SSI check (finally!!!) and our tax refund checks. Add that together with my paycheck and I'm going shopping finally and paying some medical bills. Where is the *wipingthesweatoffmyforehead* smilie???

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
Phoenix_Rising is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off