AAA members with pets needing meds - Xpost in Pets subforum - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 07-04-2008, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, we're at the vet a few days ago, and he prescribed some meds that we needed to get at a pharmacy. We went down to Longs Drugs and found out that they were gonna cost us $80. The cashier said that CSAA (aka "triple A" or "AAA") has a pet meds discount program. My dh showed them his AAA card (thank gawd I renewed our membership!!) and the $79 turned into $19!!! That almost paid for the renewal fees. Yahoo!!! :

They also said that someone came in earlier that day for anti-seizure meds which would have been $480, but with the AAA card, about $80. OMG!

Hope this helps someone! AAA ROCKS!

By the way, even if you're not from NorCal or Arizona (or Utah), check your own AAA website, member handbook, or call your rep and you might be pleasantly surprised that they have a prescription discount program in place!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-08-2008, 03:14 PM

Wow, that's cool! Our cat is diabetic and we have to buy insulin and syringes which add up. I wonder if they're covered? I'll check it out. Thanks!

AP HB Mama to three beautiful girls!
#3 of 3 Old 07-08-2008, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briannasmom View Post
Wow, that's cool! Our cat is diabetic and we have to buy insulin and syringes which add up. I wonder if they're covered? I'll check it out. Thanks!
I purchased syringes from omaha vaccine, and other stuff from kv vet. You might find those online stores are cheaper than the vet (if that's where you're getting it from). I've also asked for prescriptions from my vet and mailed them to those stores, which they filled. (They don't carry all Rx though.) Just suggestions in case AAA doesn't come through for ya!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page