San Bernardino - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-16-2008, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello!

We may be moving to San Bernardino area and wanted to find out more about the area. Anyone from there? We are looking at Redlands / East Highland as well as San Bernardino itself as options. Not sure what type of information I am looking for - I have never been there myself but am familiar with Southern Cal in general as I lived there and have been all over - except for San Bernardino of course! It looks like a good location between LA and the mountains....a bit of everything.

TIA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2008, 07:42 PM

Redlands is really lovely and family/child friendly. It has some beautiful neighborhoods, especially around the university. There is a strong home school community and lots of support of the arts/music. Good luck with your move.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:35 PM

I live right near the Redlands area, and I looooooove it. There is a boutique in Redlands called Kissui, and a few months ago they had info for a holistic/natural mommy group. They sell carriers there, cloth diapers, etc. The library is beautiful, the parks are great, lots of orange orchards (yummy!). Farmers Market is on Thursday evenings

Personally, I do not care for the Highland/San Bernardino area. Esp. San Bernardino....there are more bad areas, then good areas, imo (crime, drugs and such).

There is also Loma Linda, and a small little section of Colton/Grand Terrace that is really nice, and it is just west (about 3-5 mins) of LLU.

About 20 mins away there is Oak Glen farms, and I pick my own strawberries, peachs, and such there, for really cheap.

If you have any other questions, ask away!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the response . I will definitely let you know if we have questions. Looks like Redlands is a great option - both from what I have heard from when dh visited to what you had to say.

Good homeschooling groups? That's wonderful! It is a road we have been wanting to take and are looking seriously into. I plan to start my daughter's 3rd grade year shortly so she is being taught through the move and doesn't miss a beat.

We will hopefully know exactly where in so cal we are moving to in a few weeks. I am very happy to be moving back there.

User Tag List