Mothering Forum banner

Cloth diapering or wanting to cloth diaper in Atlanta!

540 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  gwen512 
#1 ·
Hey Atlanta moms,

I'm organizing a cloth diaper party to promote cloth diapering and convince some of my friends to switch from sposies! I need some experienced CD'ing moms to come out and show off their stash and talk to newbies...and it'll be a great opportunity for newbies, too, to see what's out there and learn about different cloth diapering systems. It'll be on August 28 at Java Vino in Midtown. PM me for details!

I'll also be doing a little presentation on EC, so I'd love to have some other EC'ers there as well to help with that!

#2 ·
Have you checked out Atlanta Cloth? There is a bulletin board (forum) dedicated to local cloth diapering, as well as locally held workshops to do the same thing - although they seldom have in-town meetings lately - and the owner of the board will be out of commission for a while I assume as she is due any minute with her 4th....

Back OT - I have lots of CDs - but am way OTP and hardly get in-town any more, sorry! Hope it goes well!

#3 ·
Thanks, wrzos, yes, I want to post about this on the Atlanta Cloth forum and I sent a message to Rachel about it...but I'd forgotten she was due any minute. That would explain why she hasn't written me back.
I want to post about it there but haven't figured out where is the best place since it isn't an official AC event. But yeah, they don't seem to have much intown...isn't it funny how nobody wants to cross the perimeter?
I've never been to anything with AC because they're all OTP. We intowners never want to leave the city...and you OTP'ers never come in!

#4 ·
it's so great that you're doing this for new cloth diapering mamas! i would have loved this kind of thing when i was doing my research back in 2002 when my oldest was in the womb! it's so overwhelming with all the choices and there wasn't anything going on in atlanta back then. thank goodness for a mama who gave me all of her old cloth diapers to try out.

i LOVE fuzzi bunz, but don't have anything to share as my youngest is now trained and i passed them along before we came back from india! just wanted to give you some moral support!

you might think of sharing the info at a LLL meeting as some mamas there may have some dipes from siblings and also post it at Sevananda's board. also East Lake Commons and Lake Claire cohousing might have interested families. i have a friend at ELC who could pass on the info to all in the community if you want me to pass it along (incidentally her sister is cloth diapering her daughter).

Good luck and happy diapering!!!

#5 ·
I think it is great that you are doing this for your friends and that you have a good time at the same time. I don't have much of a stash and I am actually hoping that we will get out of the diapers soon, but I hope you have a good turnout! I hope you will share the invite with all the GPPN play groups in our neighborhood. (I think I remember you live in Grant Park...)

#6 ·
Is Grant Park some sort of mini-cd'ing enclave or something?
I've met a couple people at the charter school who cd or have cd'ed. I'm cloth diapering Jack but we'll be going out of town the 29th and my stash is not very impressive anyway (prefolds, obv prefolds and a couple of random fitteds).

#7 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions for promoting this, everyone! Haha, I didn't know Grant Park was a CD enclave; everyone I know here either always used sposies or USED to cloth diaper and gave up.
Trying to turn the tide...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.