DC from Reston? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 08-10-2008, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Husband and I are coming to Reston to visit for a job interview. We'll have a little bit of downtime; perhaps a few hours on Saturday night and a few hours on Sunday afternoon. Would it be worth it for us to go from Reston to DC for some sight seeing? DH has been there before; I haven't. Thoughts?

Also, are there any venues to see concerts (indie, rock, folk, etc) near Reston or in between Reston and DC?

Thanks in advance; you VA ladies have been very helpful!

Adrienne - Loving my DH, our daughter Harper 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(3/2011), our son Ezra
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(4/2013), and maybe a baby?? 
(Jan 2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-10-2008, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You might want to try posting this on the Maryland/Metro DC area/Delaware forum as well.
#3 of 5 Old 08-10-2008, 06:55 PM

Plan about an hour's travel time each way, to allow for traffic. Depending on what you want to see, it's doable.
Also fun are Reston town center for restaurants and shopping. They have Sat. evening concerts, though maybe not the type of music you want. Try Wolf Trap and also Jammin' Java in Vienna.
Have a good trip and good luck on the job interview.

#4 of 5 Old 08-10-2008, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I think DC is beautiful, not to mention inexpensive to see. Check and see where the nearest metro is, I think there is one in or around Reston. Just take the Metro in, a day pass is $6 and its easy to understand. Check out the Smithsonians, they're free. The Kennedy Center (I think that's the one, they always send me e-mails) has free concerts sometimes. DC usually has something going on with free culture, art, or music venues. Not necessarily folk or indie, you'd have to check the individual concert places and see what's playing where.

Enjoy!

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
#5 of 5 Old 08-10-2008, 10:41 PM

No metro in Reston. Nearest is Vienna on Rt. 66, about 10 to 15 minutes away. But you can park there or depending on where you are staying, many hotels provide a shuttle to the metro.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page