HUGE sale on baby/kid gear in SE Penna on Sept 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-13-2008, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought I'd spread the word in case anyone is looking to do some major shopping for their little ones. The Chester County Mothers of Multiples Group is hosting their semi-annual sale on Saturday, September 13th from 9am-12 in Downingtown. I've provided a link to the site with more info & directions below:

http://www.ccmomc.org/public/clothing_sale.htm

I cannot begin to tell you how huge this sale is, and there's almost nothing they don't have. Clothes, clothes, and more clothes - all in great condition as great care is taken to weed out anything with stains and tears. Gently used baby gear and toys for kids of all ages (up to about age 12-ish). Shoes, books, maternity items, linens and room decor, bottles, burp cloths, and so on. You name it, it's probably there and in abundance.

The sale will be at the United Sports Training Center in Downingtown. The address is:

1426 Marshallton-Thorndale Road
Downingtown, PA 19335
Phone 610-466-7100

They accept cash and checks. In addition to the sale, they are collecting donations for the Community, Youth & Women's Alliance Group. There's more info about this at the bottom of the page from the link above.

The pic should give you an idea of the size of this sale. There's actually a lot more than what you see in this. This picture is from the setup and the toys & gear aren't on the floor yet. The entire back section will be filled to overflowing when set up is done. At the spring sale I spent only $100 for complete spring/summer wardrobes for 3 kids, incl shoes, PJs & swimsuits, new indoor and outdoor toys, a new potty, booster seat for the table, and other misc. items. I love this sale, it's like Christmas!

If you go, plan on going early as the line usually starts forming around 7am.

HAPPY SHOPPING!!!

Old 08-13-2008, 07:01 PM

oooh!

That's going to be too far, too close to time for me. But I wonder if anyone wants to keep an eye out for an arms reach cosleeper for me?
Old 08-14-2008, 07:03 PM

my mom lives about 10 minutes from there.

we're so there.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paquerette View Post
oooh!

That's going to be too far, too close to time for me. But I wonder if anyone wants to keep an eye out for an arms reach cosleeper for me?
pm'ing you. <wink>
Old 08-21-2008, 01:32 PM

Wow, I would love to go. Hopefully my local Philly Car share car is available.

I really wish there was one of these in the city.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:30 PM

I want to go so bad! My dad lives in Downingtown, so maybe a trip to see him is in order. It might work out nicely, since my grandmom, who lives in Coatesville, is having surgery the same week. I could visit her too. Hmmm.....
Old 08-22-2008, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

If anyone wants shopping strategy tips for this, just ask! If you're planning a big order, you definitely want a game plan in place.

User Tag List