#1 of 1
08-13-2008, 12:00 PM
- Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm reaching out to invite all Cleveland area moms to our local chapter meeting of the Holistic Moms Network tomorrow evening at Mustard Seed in Solon (from 6:30 to 8:30, Thursday, 8/14) to discuss how we can effect changes in school food programs. Here's the info from the flyer:
Join us in a meeting to discuss designing a repeatable game-
plan/program to take into our local school districts to raise
awareness in the area of nutrition.
What we need?
• Please bring or email us ideas and research (the more footnotes the better) concerning hydronated fats, high fructose corn syrup, artificial food dyes and their impact on children's health, behavior and ability to concentrate.
• Safe and affordable resources to make the transition seemingly less-overwhelming and less costly
Our goal is to create a concise information packet, including:
• Short, informative lists of facts to educate parents & schools
• Provide a form letter listing acceptable snacks to be handed out at birthday/holiday classroom parties, following sporting events (including name brands and buying information)
• Create a list of resources to change the vending machines to healthy-only options by compiling & providing co-op and bulk distributer information
Join us in attempting to make changes that will impact the health of our children as well as raising interest and awareness in our communities concerning this vitally important topic.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can
change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has." -