Looking for pediatric dentist recommendations near Orlando - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-22-2008, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My little guy needs a visit to the dentist as we've noticed a black spot on a tooth so I am looking for recommendations for a good pediatric dentist. I live in the Winter Garden/Windermere area, but we'd be willing to travel a little if necessary. The main issue is that Asher is autistic and has major sensory issues regarding people touching his mouth . . . which is probably how we got in this situation in the first place since brushing his teeth is a nightmare. I need someone who is totally fantastic and patient!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-22-2008, 02:59 PM

I'm not from that area but we started with a pediatric dentist. We then switched to a family dentist. It was cheaper and I actually found that the dental hygenist was better at the family dentist! My son has some sensory quirks so we were concerned too. (He's 5 and we're currently working on teaching him to spit so he can use kid's toothpaste. We used to have to physically force him to brush his teeth). I'd call around and explain your situation. If you open it up to family dentist places too, it will increase finding a good dentist/dental hygenist.
#3 of 4 Old 08-22-2008, 04:37 PM

I just asked about this a few days ago - and got some recommendations. I also posted on orlandopeacefulparents and Dr King got more good recommendations there too, so I think that is who I will try.

here is the link to my thread here.
http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...d.php?t=949860
#4 of 4 Old 08-22-2008, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for that link, I should have searched first. We'll look into Dr King and see if they'll accept our insurance.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page