I wrote out my birth story. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-06-2009, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not ready to post it yet.. it's really long. I literally just spent four hours getting it all down on (virtual) paper. I'm still crying. I feel good though. I think this was a big step for me in processing the birth. It really happened, I had real feelings about it every step of the way, and now they're out there in black and white.

I avoided saying birth for a while, it was just a surgery to me, but someone on one of the other threads in this forum made me change my mind. DH and I have no desire to have any more kids, so this is it, I can't "make up for it" by trying for a VBAC. My daughter still came into this world even though she didn't come through my vagina; this was the only birth I could give her, so goshdarnit, I'm calling it a birth!
#2 of 4 Old 03-06-2009, 10:42 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes ma'am, it IS a birth! I'm glad you allow yourself that.

It's good to hear writing it out was healing for you. Crying and acknowledging all your emotions is healing.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#3 of 4 Old 03-12-2009, 02:48 AM

Congratulations on getting your story written. I can't imagine how hard that was. You're brave for even revisiting it. I hope it was empowering and healing to you.

I can relate to a lot of what you said. I also had a daughter by cesarean and I'm still struggling with calling it a birth. I don't know how to get to that point. I guess I have a long way to go.

DD1 6 1/2 DS1 9/20/14 (18 weeks)
#4 of 4 Old 03-12-2009, 05:38 PM

Wow, s to you mama! I know how you feel - I still can't call what happened to us a birth. I hope that eventually I will be at peace with our experience too. I haven't even managed to get up the courage to write out the whole story yet (14 months later) though I've posted bits and pieces of it here over the months. There is something kind of liberating about writing it down in black and white - like you're acknowledging the pain instead of trying to deny it.

Lisa - mama to Eleanor Rose 01/08 and Saoirse Lily 09/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page