Therapy really works, try it! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-14-2009, 04:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies, I'm Savannah and I posted my daughters story here after she was born. Quick summary of my birthing experiences.... two "failed" homebirths, transferred to hospital and two c-section babies. My second birth (also "failed" HBAC) resulted in abusive treatment by the medical staff to the point of hospital transfer by helicopter, threats of CPS, refusal to let me breastfeed or hold my daughter, and nine days of hospitalization for a healthy baby.

I was emptied of all dignity that I might have had left, and completely exhausted after all of this.

About 4 months after her birth I started therapy (I've been going for about 5 months now) and I'm so happy to say I feel much better! As many moms have wrote, I'm sure that memory will always pain me, but it pains me less now. I function, not only function but I engage. My past is no longer controlling my life. Moments and memories were stole from me it's true, but I'm not letting that happen any more.

Check out EMDR, it's really working for me and I just wanted to say that here, in a place where I know it could help some of you.

Hugs,
Sav
#2 of 5 Old 10-14-2009, 07:45 AM

Oh, awesome, Sav! That is such good news

I have to second that notion--if you can find a therapist who is a good match for you, and who knows how to work with PTSD (at least) and birth trauma (at best), real healing help can be found.

I'm so glad you shared this with us
#3 of 5 Old 10-14-2009, 06:12 PM

I remember reading your story and being outraged for you and your daughter. I'm so glad that you are well on the road to healing!

Lisa - mama to Eleanor Rose 01/08 and Saoirse Lily 09/10
#4 of 5 Old 10-16-2009, 05:01 PM

I'm glad its working for you! =) I have been improving with EMDR also, so heres a "second" for that therapy.
#5 of 5 Old 10-29-2009, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies..... it's a long road. Guess I asked all the right questions and found a good therapist. Birth trauma is so crazy...

Sav

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page