I'm crying - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-03-2010, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've just seen someonewho had a c-section under a general anesthetic say that they would never tell someone that it's the end of the world to have an emergency c-section under general anesthetic because "it wasn't that bad at all".

My daughter is going to be 5 next month, and although I've done a lot of healing it's little things like this that set me off.

For me it WAS that bad, and it did seem like the end of the world (also because I was grieving my premature birth). I missed my child's birth.

I'm not looking for any advice - I just need to vent to anyone who could have any idea why I'm feeling the way I do right now.

Thank you.
#2 of 6 Old 02-03-2010, 04:11 PM

#3 of 6 Old 02-03-2010, 04:28 PM

I understand why you would feel that way. I'm sorry.
#4 of 6 Old 02-03-2010, 04:38 PM

I'm sorry you are hurting. It is difficult to hear women say things like this. I heard a woman once instruct other mothers to just schedule a c-section and it will be over before you know it. I know how you feel. I hated that I had a c-section. It was the most awful feeling. My son is almost 2 and I am still healing.

You should check out this website. A Mama sent it to me last week. It has helped to read other stories. The one specifically linked helped me heal a little bit. I hope reading will help you too. http://theshapeofamother.com/blog/od...-scar-colleen/

caffix.gifChristine: Mama to bouncy.gif  DS 04/17/08  *Infant Stroke Survivor*  Always remembering:  brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif

Took a 'break' from TTC and look what happened:  2ndtri.gif!!!!    praying.gif  for a healthy, full term baby to be born August 2012!!  Hoping for a vbac.gif!

#5 of 6 Old 02-03-2010, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you Christine, I'll definitely read it.

I just can't believe I'm so upset. My DD was a 31 weeker, and for the first 3 years I couldn't walk past an incubator without almost crying. I work in a hospital and would have to walk by one a lot that they'd set out in the main foyer to take donations for the NICU.

I'm fine walking by it now, occasionally I stop at it and put in my own donation. I also volunteer and talk to other parents who have babies in the NICU right now, and I really enjoy it.

It just seems to be something like this kind of comment that can still set me off.
#6 of 6 Old 02-11-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaningminny View Post
I've just seen someonewho had a c-section under a general anesthetic say that they would never tell someone that it's the end of the world to have an emergency c-section under general anesthetic because "it wasn't that bad at all".
Venting is always good...isn't that what the internet was made for?

Seriously though - to look at it from the flip side, in *her* experience, maybe "it wasn't that bad at all". She may have been facing a horrifying outcome and - in the end - is grateful to have come out of it with her health/womb and a baby. A c-section under general anesthetic may have been a "small price to pay" with the possible outcomes she was facing.

Our feelings are shaped by our experiences. And we can't help how we feel about those experiences. (Did that make sense...at all...?)

Mama to "The Pud" - 4 years.
We both have todder onset Charcot Marie Tooth 1A.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page