How long did it take before you felt physically better from your c section? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-13-2010, 04:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My most recent c-section was three years ago, and I still itch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2010, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
thanks. It requires sooo much patience! And I had finally started seeing a great chiropractor- saw her once and made apptmnts to see her 2X a wk. then the week (this wk) I was supposed to see her she was called away and cancelled all her appointements indefinately!! So I went to another chiro, saw her once and now she is out of the office for 2 weeks! And those are the only 2 I know and trust
So my body is just out of alignment. I have not lost my baby weight cause I hurt too much to exercise. I am tired and sore and it hurts to hold ds for too long.
I am so ready to be aligned. I used to be really strong and fit and limber. I look around this year at all the gardens I planted and dug by hand and I can't even take a proper walk right now much less dig in a garden.
I wanted to be hiking with baby in a carrier by this point.Instead I am just waiting- resting and coping.
I mean- I am happy with my new baby and my husband. Just frustrated that my body hurts still. So frustrated!!!!
I took pain killers for a long time too and now am out of them so I think I am starting to feel the pain of my body finally. I know it is not good for baby if I take more pain meds, and I don't have any anyway. But I feel like if I did I would still take them. I tell myself that feeling the pain (of my unbalanced and weak body) is the first step to figuring out how to heal. I just wish the chiros could see me- I am so annoyed about that!waiting and waiting. sigh!!!!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:00 PM

I didn't feel better until 6-8 weeks. I mean, I felt okay about 3 weeks post-partum, but I definitely still had some pain. And even now, 3 years after my last section I have some aches and discomfort associated from it. After my 4th c-section I did ask for a refill of my pain meds, and took them for almost a full month (I mean, not every day all day, but when I needed it - especially at night after a long day of caring for 4 young children).

Anyhow, hope you feel better soon.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:37 PM

I didn't feel well till 6 months plus, at six months I was like this is silly and decided to go to the gym and get some exercise, after 2 weeks of going and then comming home crying in pain things got better, in the sense I could sit up in bed and not roll out..
Old 05-14-2010, 06:36 PM

It took about 6-8 weeks for me to get over most of the pain and muscle weakness. I was pretty aggressive about starting an exercise program as soon as my doctor cleared me, though.

I never completely got over it, because they cut a nerve on the way in. I have no sensation from the level of my belly button to the top of my privates area. When I put my hand on the skin there, (from the inside) it feels like there is a towel between my hand and my body.

User Tag List