Almost a year later and can't shake this feeling - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-18-2010, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son will be a year old on May 12th, and I still can't shake my feelings of negativity stemming from his difficult birth. The resulting circumstances forced me to change other aspects of my mothering as well, and I can't help but feel that my relationship with Ezra is going to be less intimate than my relationship to Canaan. My husband and I have also been discussing a third child, and I don't know if I really want a third child yet, or if I just want to "right" my last birth experience by attempting a VBAC. I am confused and frustrated. Help!

Sarah-Wife to Kelly, mostly organic crafty SAHMama to my angel, Canaan (11/01/07-03/15/2013) and Ezra (05-12-09).

#2 of 3 Old 04-18-2010, 06:34 AM

ICAN is a great place to air this stuff out. Have you contacted them?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ICAN-online/

They helped me a lot after my section.
#3 of 3 Old 04-19-2010, 08:42 PM

I recommend you look into http://www.solaceformothers.org/ they have great resources for birth trauma.

You aren't going to have identical feelings for each child any way, they are unique and need their own kind of love. I had one child who never would let anyone hold him or snuggle at all his whole first 4 years - he's now by far my most snuggly one. It is also harder to really fall in love with one when you've got an older one who still needs lots of attention - you'll find a way though! Is there a MOPS group in your area? Get whatever support you need...you'll be so glad you did!
-R

Wife to Mark, Momma to Matt & Bryan : Joe & Jonathan - Labor Doula

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page