Tips to heal incision - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-11-2010, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope this is the right place to post this. If not, please let me know.

One week ago I had a very unexpected c-section. I can barely look at the emotional scars right now but I am wondering if anyone has any tips or home remedies for healing the incision. Any ideas at all would be great - the OB who did it is very medically oriented and of no help (my midwife, who would have some great ideas, essentially disappeared from the whole scene). Also, any idea on how to strengthen the body over all in terms of the internal stitches (apparently I ended up w/ 4 layers of stitches???)? I can feel where they put the stitches in my uterus and am wondering what I can do for that. I did start taking floradex.

Thank you!
#2 of 3 Old 07-11-2010, 10:45 PM

My incision essentially healed itself, with a little time. I'm guessing you had the staples taken out and now just have the surgical tape in place. I actually took showers with the tape on for weeks--it stuck through all the washing and I oddly felt safer with it on. At my 6-week checkup, everything had healed as it was supposed to.

If it helps, the LLL consultant who came to help us told me breastmilk worked wonders to heal incisions, and suggested I use some of mine on the outer incision.

FWIW, it's been 9 months and I can still feel the weird inside/outside scars, but since the doctor pulled DD out with the cord wrapped 3 times around her neck, I wear them pretty proudly.

Woman, Wife, Mom to beautiful DD (10/14/09), Copywriter, occasionally tearing my hair out but usually pretty happy about it all
#3 of 3 Old 07-11-2010, 11:21 PM

Here is what you can use now:

comfrey, pencel, calenduala and of course breastmilk the super serum either salve works well and you should massage in the scar lightly of course in the beginning to promote cerein energy streams that help heal and connect your nerves again you should massage upwarts over the scar almost in little circles.

Later on when the wound is heald a bit better you can see an accupuncturist who can help reconect the engery/nerve connection that have been cut through in germany we call it Entstoerung of scars. Its also impotant but massage with an electrolyte salve or comfrey is also well.

Now when you have a check up later on and everything is well but you feel aches or have problems with adhesions..this is what you can do and it works believe me I do it and I feel like I have never had a c-section eventhough I had 2:
- Myofacialrelease (but your scar must heal first) google it..you got different types of scar tissues the facia and your scar tissue that formed after you c-section..this massage therapy done by a profesional helps them glide better which takes of strains etc...
- Castor oil pack fnot when you are pragent or have other conditions where you should stay away from it of course cause your body observes it. take a cloth and put castor oil on it put this on your scar than apply a headpack over the cloth wich will help it to absorb better.

Rebember to be gentle with and go slowly for now a massage will be fine I just thought I give you some other Ideas for later on so you have a variety of things you can do in case you feel the need for it...I also hope it helps other c-section mamas and gives them some ideas!!!

Take good care of yourself and enjoy your babymoon!!

Claudia wife to Joe since (05/04) Mom to DD (09/05) and mom to DS (11/09) :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page