comparing births - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-23-2010, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not sure if I am phrasing this right, but I am upset, of course because my c-section was unnecessary, but also had some trauma after wards (not seeing dd for 7 hours, being refused food for more than 48 hrs, long list of stuff and bad treatment from staff)

I had a hard time dealing with DD after she was born, from being away from her for so long, to then her being so sleepy for a few days that I barely held her. Then I had ppd for a long time and she cried a lot and had reflux (allergy reactions from food I was eating when I nursed her and forceful let down)

I wonder if everything turns out the way I want this time, if I will feel bad/sad for not having such a good experience with DD.

Sorry - I am having trouble phrasing this right.

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillymonster View Post
Not sure if I am phrasing this right, but I am upset, of course because my c-section was unnecessary, but also had some trauma after wards (not seeing dd for 7 hours, being refused food for more than 48 hrs, long list of stuff and bad treatment from staff)

I had a hard time dealing with DD after she was born, from being away from her for so long, to then her being so sleepy for a few days that I barely held her. Then I had ppd for a long time and she cried a lot and had reflux (allergy reactions from food I was eating when I nursed her and forceful let down)

I wonder if everything turns out the way I want this time, if I will feel bad/sad for not having such a good experience with DD.

Sorry - I am having trouble phrasing this right.
I think having a good/better experience next time around can have a healing impact on the past...on your feelings about the past and your DD's birth...on your feelings about yourself as a mom. Not that we can change the past--but having a happier birth experience and greater ease with the next baby in the early days can have an overall healing effect on a mama.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:35 PM

I'm sorry that you are experiencing all this. It is so hard to deal with at times.
I am in the camp of not knowing if my cesarean was needed or not--that tears me up daily.
One thing that I did to help myself was to focus for a short 5 minutes a day-just on my baby. No interruptions. I cried, I spoke to him, I apologized, I nursed, I snuggled. Just having those few minutes--just us--I felt like I could let go of some of my hurt. Sometimes he would look back into my eyes like he was saying "it's okay mom--i know you love me". Sometimes he would cry & I took that as his way of saying "my birth sucked, but i'm here with you now"...

we just took it one day at a time and it is getting better. I'm 8 months pp & things are looking brighter every day. i had 2 really good birthing experiences before my 3rd.

much peace to you.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

User Tag List