Still in pain from 2 year old tear & stitches... a little tmi... but please help :) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-31-2011, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I had an extensive 2nd degree tear with my son who is now 2.5 years old... The doctor stitched away... I was really sore but thought it was normal... At the risk of TMI it is now years later & i am still experiencing some pretty intense pain anytime any adult activities are taking place... & Its not just with internal stimulation, I am actually unable to become excited at all without the area where the tear was feeling almost bruised and it almost feels like there is an issue with the muscle coming together or something... The doctor just says deal with it basically, but I am at the point now where I avoid adult activities like the plague because it hurts much more than it brings me pleasure... I don't want to live like this anymore!!!! take pity on me & offer your suggestions please?

Momma to my pants pullin down, potty learnin, "Beeeeeg Boy" who now knows his, phonetically difficult for a toddler, name! Plus 2 dogs, 35 rats, & 5 or so bunnies
#2 of 4 Old 01-31-2011, 07:47 PM

Are you familiar with vaginismus?  It sounds to me like that is what it may be.  I will PM you...

#3 of 4 Old 02-01-2011, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

Hmmm... actually I don't seem to have to much trouble with tightness lol.... it may be just the opposite... now when i have my period I actually have some pretty intense pain that feels like my whole "hoo-ha" is just going to fall out.  I have checked for any type of obvious prolapse as my mother had a complete uterine prolapse after her second birth, but I couldn't feel anything...  This is really making me bonkers as I was a VERY sexual/sensual person before this and it is REALLY eating into my relationships I have had since then... I may be on the lookout for a good dilator and see if I can stretch the tissue to the point of breaking up any scar tissue.... I am sure there is some there... maybe if I do that then it will give me a better idea of what is going on with the muscles underneath.... 

Momma to my pants pullin down, potty learnin, "Beeeeeg Boy" who now knows his, phonetically difficult for a toddler, name! Plus 2 dogs, 35 rats, & 5 or so bunnies
#4 of 4 Old 02-01-2011, 07:33 PM

Can you have a doctor check you for pelvic floor prolapse?  It is super common and I didn't know I had it until my OB told me.  Physical therapy helped a LOT.  There are PTs who are trained to deal with all sorts of pelvic pain.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page