Tear and no stitches?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-20-2011, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Has anyone had a tear and no stitches?  I am almost 6 weeks pp, and didn't think I had a tear, but have had serious burning and yesterday I moved the wrong way and now I am bleeding...  I am HORRIFIED at the thought of going in to get stitches.  Is there a way to heal without?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 02-22-2011, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I had a tear that wasn't sutured after giving birth that was slow to heal. It was still open at my six week post partum visit.  My midwives suggested doing sitz baths with Myrrh. It is supposed to help skin cell granulation. Probably comfrey and some other common sitz bath herbs would be helpful to add to your bath too.  It sounds like it probably healed (at least partially) and then got reopened, so I don't see why it wouldn't heal back up again.

Hope this helps!

#3 of 5 Old 02-23-2011, 10:08 PM

I had a tear with my first that was not stiched. It burned terribly. I used a peri bottle for about two months, and patted dry (no wiping). I had some herbal sitz baths, including comfry, that helped with the burning. I reopened it once DTD about two months PP eyesroll.gif eventually it healed but with scar tissue that bothered me until baby 2 broke it up during delivery. I had some small tears with baby 2 that I had stitched. Now that I've done both, I can say I prefer stitches. They itch like mad, but I healed clean (no scarring) and recovery was better (faster, no burning). Call your OB or MW and see if they can take a look for you and give a stitch or two if needed.

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
#4 of 5 Old 02-23-2011, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

thank you ladies!  took your advice and went to see my mw yesterday, there is a teeny tear that is a tiny bit infected, I opted to decline antibiotics and try lots of garlic and comfrey salt plantain uva ursi baths, hopefully it'll work out.  

No stitches needed, thank goodness.  

Was the myrhh you used a powder?  That is the only thing I could find at my local store...

Thanks again!

#5 of 5 Old 02-24-2011, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Yeah, it was powder. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page