C-Section Adhesions nearly 7 years later - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-28-2011, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son will be seven in March 2012.  I had a c-section with him.  He was huge when he was born and my OB told me that she would have to use a vacuum and forceps and that his shoulders might be broken. This was after 24 hours of labor and pushing for 2 hours.  About 3 months after he was born, I spent most of my time crying my eyes out on the couch while writhing in  pain.  I later found out it was adhesions.  I had surgery for them after attempting physical therapy, where the therapist told me that my adhesions were some of the worst she'd ever seen.  The laporoscopy was successful.  I finally enjoyed intimacy with my husband again and I felt better.  About 2 years ago, I began to experience the pain again.  My OB/GYN told me that they can return, though rare.  She wanted to schedule surgery then, but my insurance absolutely sucked at the time so I chose to live with it until I had better insurance.  Like insurance that would actually pay for the procedure.  I now have better insurance so I am considering going through with the surgery.  Has anyone had repeat adhesions?  I am miserable and can't believe that I may suffer from my child's birth for the rest of my life.  This experience is a huge reason that I have not had another child.  I feel so inadequate and like I am abnormal when I hear other moms talk about their c-section being a breeze.  I feel like my birth experience was a life-changing injury.  

#2 of 4 Old 04-25-2012, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Hi, I know this post is a bit older, so you may have had the surgery already, but I have read about thin little sheets of...I don't know, plastic? that they can put in between the layers as they sew you up so that you won't readhere.  Don't know what they are called, but I'm sure it could be googled.  HTH!

Bring back the old MDC
#3 of 4 Old 04-25-2012, 04:14 PM

I am two years+ post c-section, and I have adhesions and discomfort (at least) every day.  I have friends that were bopping around like nothing happened after a c/s, and it does sort of make me feel defective or weak or something; however, when I read your thread, I didn't feel that way towards you, so why do I feel that way towards myself?  Hmmm.

I have not had the surgery you described, but wanted to write back to tell you you weren't alone.  Little things hurt my c/s area, like pushing down on the child-safety latches on the silverware drawer.  So weird.

I have heard of acupuncture/acupressure or massage to break up adhesions, but my insurance (at $758 bucks a month) of course doesn't cover anything like that...though I'm sure they'd cover a $10K surgery, right?

Good luck.

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

#4 of 4 Old 04-27-2012, 05:36 PM

I am really sorry you're suffering.  I had such crazy post c-section stuff,  I'm still trying to figure it out.  My oldest -15 yrs ago- was a pretty intense emergency c.  I actually have a bi-cornate uterus and my kids were breech with no hope of turning.  However I ended up with endometrial masses along my suture scar that proceeded to get really big and active!!  So another surgery to remove them.

There was more in between- but I recently had a hysterectomy with the presumption that I had endo after these surface masses of endo tissue.  But really I think that the initial emergency C left uterine tissue all over the place as my uterus and perionatal cavity was actually not endometrial from what I understand.  Crazy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page