What if they cut me again? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-31-2012, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am switching from a homebirth midwife to an OB and a hospital birth. I have been feeling confident in this decision until today when I called the office to ask a billing question before my first appt with this OB on Thursday and they said they had me down for a repeat cesarean. I haven't even seen them yet!? I corrected the lady, but she was just in billing and now I'm freaking out about my appointment on Thursday. I printed out some studies and medical journal articles and the ACOG bulletin on VBAC (this will be my first VBAC) and plan to take those into my appointment in case they try to suggest that a repeat cesarean will be necessary. Honestly, though I feel like if they are already telling me that I will need a repeat cesarean I just want to walk away and never look back. I want to have a chance to labor. I want to give my body a chance to show that it was made for this and it can do it. But, I'm 37 weeks already and worried about finding a Dr who will take me on this late with that risk. I'm really scared and have been upset and crying all afternoon/evening. I'm just not sure I can survive it if they do this to me again.

#2 of 4 Old 02-02-2012, 05:57 AM

If you are certain this OB is supportive of VBAC, then try to put yourself at ease that this was simply a clerical error. Go to your appointment armed with your information and ask lots of open-ended questions. But don't stress yourself out until there is cause.  Hang in there--those last few weeks of pregnancy are so emotional anyway. You didn't need someone saying that to drive you just a little more crazy ;)

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#3 of 4 Old 02-07-2012, 01:00 PM

I would also add that the Dr is probably just assuming you *want* a repeat.  While I see some VBAC's at my job, most are repeats and most mom's say they didn't want a vaginal birth anyway.  I have taken care of many many women who are convinced a section is easier.  I would just go to the appointment with an open mind and discuss your options with him.  Try not to worry until you know you need to.  hug2.gif

#4 of 4 Old 02-08-2012, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry I didn't update this thread. I thought I did. 

My appt was on Thursday of last week and it COULD NOT have gone BETTER! They kept saying "We WANT you to have a VBAC" and they are perfectly in line with everything I am feeling and wanting without me having to even say more than just that I would like to try for a VBAC. They said they see no reason at all why I can't and sent me for an ultrasound just to be sure baby's not big (I've been measuring 4 weeks ahead the entire pregnancy). That was on Monday and baby measured perfectly on time. Doc said that anything under 11lbs and he thinks I'll be just fine. The u/s tech said that I"m looking at a maximum of 8.5lbs if I go full term. No more than 9 if I go past, so I'm feeling 100% better and like I have some breathing room even, because she doesn't expect it to get that big even post dates.

Thank you so much for the support. I love that about MDC mamas!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page