Inverted uterus after labour - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-10-2012, 05:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all,

Im new to all this and would just like some more information as to what sort of action (if any) i can take to possibly get some answers and more information.

I gave birth to my beautiful daughter Georgia on 3rd june 2010.

Labour all went well and just had pethidine and gas and air for pain relief.

After giving birth to my daughter i remember the midwife giving me an injection to help wiv the placenta and then remember a grea dael of pain as i felt she was tugging far too hard to pull my placenta out.

Anyway all i remember once it was out was a complete nightmare and i mean blood everywhere including my partners shoes.

My mother at this time was holding my baby very pleased untill she noticed what was happening with me, she had to be sent out of the room as she practically broke down and couldnt pull herself together (for fear of gaining  her 1st grandchild but possibly losing her daughter).

i remember the midwife panicking and suddenl 12 peopl came rushing in the room shouting get her to theatre now. I remember shouting at 1 surgeon (who infact saved my life) due to the fact she was sat on my leg whilst trying to manually reinvert my uterus and as i already had cramp in my leg i kept screaming at her to get off as she was not only hurting me from reinverting my uterus she was also really hurting my leg.

The rest is all a bit o a blur other thanwhen i was being rushed to thaetre i can remember asking them to promise me that i would wake up afterwards.

The procedure in theatre was a success and they had inserted some kind of water baloon type thing to keep my uterus in place and i had to have this drained slowly over the next couple of days. Im rhesus negative blood group and lost 2 litres of blood during all of this so also had to have a blood transfusion. Allthough i know this saved my life i do believe my treatment afterwards to be disgusting and felt i had barely any help orunderstanding of this and infact couldnt move from my bed for 3 days. I believei have been scarred for life by this and as ive no answers as to whether this would happen again or not if i was to got through with a 2nd pregnancy i am now completely terrified to even think of having another child.

I still suffer with nightmares of this too so if anyone could give me any type of information i would be very greatful.

Many Thanks

A very distressed

Natalie

#2 of 3 Old 04-10-2012, 07:00 AM

Ohmigosh, Natalie, that sounds just horrible. I'm so sorry that you had this experience and that you have been treated so poorly as well. While I do know that some medical practitioners tug on the placenta before it has detached and cause hemmorhaging, I've never heard of something like this. Your feelings are absolutely valid, and it takes a lot of time and support to work through them and come to terms with what has happened.

We have a forum that is dedicated to helping heal from birth trauma, so I'm going to move this thread there. I know you will get lots of support and maybe even find someone with a similar story. hug.gif

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#3 of 3 Old 04-10-2012, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your help. Im constantly depressed at the moment and i know the amount of nightmares im getting about this is the main cause of this and therefore i do believe its time for help and answers especially as my poor daughter is beginning to notice my moodswings and behaviour etc

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page