PG test after a possible loss??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-22-2012, 05:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I may have had a MC. I tested positive last Monday. Then bleeding red blood Thursday - Sunday. It was after it started after i was "with" my husband, so it may have just been a cervical/vascular bleed.... How long after a loss will it be "safe" to take a pregnancy test to see if i am still pregnant? I am terrified of a false positive.. Thank you happytears.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 09:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry you are going through this. I bleed heavily at 7 weeks, and was sure it was a MC. That little one is almost two now. I believe the hormone will not clear fully from your system for about a week, but if you get a blood test from a doctor they can compare levels to the date of your LMP and see if they are on track or low. Low levels indicate MC. I'm generally a wait and pray type, but if the uncertainty is liking you I would have an OB do blood levels.

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

I had a negative within a week, but if you have any retained tissue you can get a false positive. My baby was somewhere between eight and twelve weeks and I labored for three days and passed lots of clots and then bled like a period for several days after I passed the placenta. (2nd miscarriage, 1st one was really early.)

I bled with my son too, bright red for a few days but not a lot. I've had some pinkish tinges a few times with this baby after dtd.

User Tag List