How to heal 3rd degree tears, granulated tissue - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-30-2012, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am 11 weeks pp and I still have a lot of granulated tissue on the inside of my perineum and inner walls of my vagina.  The doctor wants to use silver nitrate the next visit and it's going to hurt so badly!  I have endured so much pain already!  Does anyone know of any other remedies to help heal this tissue? 

I had 3rd degree tears after delivering my 9 lb 11 oz baby boy with a 37cm head! I never saw that coming and now it has been 11 weeks and I am still going through this process of healing.  It's so hard, cause no one understands and everyone is wondering why I can't do things yet or go into the ocean and go on walks.  I am just now able to put my son in the ergo and carry him around.  I totally missed out on the tiny baby thing. He is 11 weeks and needs to wear 6 month onesies.  I am so scared to even touch my vagina and put the estrogen cream in me that the doctor prescribed.  Midwives say to put aloe up there and I can't even do that, I don't want anything up there.  I feel like the sitz baths are not even helping.  So I guess the silver nitrate is the answer at this point.  

Does anyone else have any suggestions?  Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 06-30-2012, 03:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't really have any suggestions for you but wanted to let you know you're not alone. I had an almost identical experience with my first and know how painful and emotionally draining it is. My stitches opened in two places at three weeks pp and didn't heal until around 13-14 weeks. Third degree tears are so painful. Once you do heal, you may want to start massaging the area with a lubricant to soften the scar tissue. The only other thing I can think of is to make sure you are getting enough vitamin c and other nutrients important in the healing process.

Hang in there. It does get better. I even had a second 3rd degree year with my next baby but seven months pp with him and everything is 100% normal. I wasn't even sure I'd ever be able to have sex again when I was at the point you're at right now but I did eventually heal fully. Physical therapy is another thing to consider if you end up continuing to have pain or start to have pain with sex. That helped me a lot with my first too. Good luck! This won't last forever.
#3 of 6 Old 07-09-2012, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Thank yo so much for your response! Well, I did the silver nitrate last week and it has been feeling a lot better already.  It was so painful the first time so this time I took half of a pain killer and used numbing gel, but my whole body felt it with the blood flow and pain.  I have a check up next week, so hopefully I don't have to do it again.  Right now it still feels like my yoni is going to fall out.  Kegals are helping but it's harder after the silver nitrate for some reason. This whole process is taking sooo long, but I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel... now to start to heal for sex.  wow, I'm scared, but I will take your advice and start to massage the area once I get the okay from the doctor.

Thank you for reminding me I'm not alone, cause ti is really hard to explain to people that have not gone through it and don't understand how long this really does take.  I had one friend tell me I should sue the doctor cause she didn't sew me up right (that's what her husband told her cause he is a doctor), but she just doesn't understand how intense it really is.

I'll keep you posted.

#4 of 6 Old 09-20-2012, 06:30 AM

Glad to hear, you are feeling better, uhuh, I guess no one can judge the situation who has not been through it and sewing is not always the reason for pain. So keeo the doctor as she exactly knows your story and what you have gone through.

#5 of 6 Old 05-06-2013, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Well, it's been a year now and everything is in working order, it has been for a couple months, but it has been hard to get to know my "new" vagina. SH eis still fabulous and works great, but just a little tight on those torn areas. It is so crazy what us women have to go through, but worth it in the end.  SO if anyone reads this and is going through what I went through.  Stay strong and love yourself and your family.  Hopefully your husband will understand like mine, however he to had a hard time looking at my vagina the same, but he has moved on, now that i have reassured him he is not going to hurt me.. 

Just love yourself and take care of yourself.  Time heals all :)

#6 of 6 Old 05-06-2013, 06:24 PM

So glad that you've healed well. It's nice to see when someone updates w/ positive experiences after the initial one to help others. Thanks for sharing :)

Tina - mama to DD1 10yrs, DD2 5.5 yrs and DD3 22 mo and wifey to DH.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page