Unexpected Accreta - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-14-2012, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies,

Not sure where to go with this.  My youngest LO is 4 months old.  I had two completely natural hospital births after two completely normal pregnancies.  After the birth of my second daughter, my placenta wouldn't deliver.  They took me in for a D/C and when I woke up, I was stunned to find out that they had had to perform and emergency hysterectomy.  We are grateful I am alive and grateful by DD2 was perfectly healthy but a day doesn't go by when I don't grieve this.  It was a shock, to say the least.  I feel somewhat alone in the mommy community as this is rare but even more so in the natural mommy community that I love so much.  Whether I like it or not, I would have been one of those failed homebirths-a hospital transfer at best, dead at worst.  I am so happy for friends who are pregnant but am so sad I'll never carry another LO again. We were excited about having many more children.  Anyway, anyone deal with this? Ever?  Would be great to here others perspective.  It certainly was incredibly traumatic. . .

Sarahfemalesling.GIF, wife to DH geek.gif, mommy to DD1 energy.gif(5/30/10)  and  DD2 baby.gif (5/20/12) 

homeschool.gif praying.gifselectivevax.gif   nocirc.gif   nak.gifcd.gifknit.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 10:18 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

hug.gif Cera611. I'm so sorry for the trauma and loss you experienced and are experiencing. while I haven't had the same experience, I relate to the feelings you describing. Please keep posting. This is a very supportive community.

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Old 10-22-2012, 08:28 PM

I am so sorry. I haven't experienced it, but it is on my mind pretty often as I am a previous c/s mama and the risk increases after that. I will say that I've been a nurse caring for mom's who had the same thing that happened to you happen to them. It is heartbreaking and often times we, as nurses, felt like there just weren't words to say. It just seems so unfair and I'm sorry you're having to go through this. 

Wife to a wonderful husband, mom to 5 amazing boys, 2 m/c and Knox Cornelius our 5th son born at 15weeks 12/3/2011, Lillian Faith our 1st daughter, born at 14 weeks May 19, 2012 (Turner Syndrome). 

Old 01-22-2013, 07:13 AM

Hi Cera611,

I rarely come to Mothering anymore, but did by chance today and saw your post (I realize it is a few months old). Just wondering how you are doing.... I don't have much time to write at the moment, but the short version is that I had an undiagnosed increta that resulted in an emergency hysterectomy a little over 2 years ago.  Traumatic to say the least.  I still grieve although it is not something I think about every day. 

Thinking of you....

Tracy

Here is a link to my original post after my second daughter was born.

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1287404/sad-to-be-joining-you-all-updated-with-birth-story

2 Rainbow babes, PPH/Hysterectomy survivor!

User Tag List