What herbs, tea's and supplements do you take post partum? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-27-2013, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I posted this in the main Birth and Beyond section ut got no response so thought I'd ask here: I'm due in 3 days, and remember how sore I was after both of my previous births. Soreness after having an epidural birth is 100x worse than without one, but I was still very sore even after my second baby that was born at home and I'd really like to know what other moms do for this!  I'm kinda fearful of the pain after birth.  This include's afterpains which are really bad in my experience :( Anyway, so while in labor I was thinking coconut water, RRL tea, and of course water, raw milk if I feel like it. Nothing really special. For after my birth I was thinking ginger tea to help with pain and swelling, RRL of course, and my midwife has me take that drink mix called CALM plus calcium by Natural Vitality. Apparently it helps some women's afterpains, but didnt help mine at all. Last time I also tried the Wishgarden tincture called Afterease, which didnt help either. I'd also love something to help me with the emotions of the 3rd day PP, would you say chammomile maybe? IDK. I also have some Synergy vitamin C powder I'll probably mix in with water or tea sometime's, and will try to take at least 1 of my Garden of Life prenatals and 1 FCLO/BO capsule a day still. Would love some thoughts on my idea's as well as what you did or are planning to do!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 08-30-2013, 11:12 PM

Mentioned: 213 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

I did After Baby Boost vitamins.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page