One way to help heal birth trauma - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-07-2014, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Three months ago I had my first, a beautiful little boy. Since my midwife could no longer see us, the plan was to have a homebirth with just my doula for support. The laboring process was relaxed and wonderful uutil the last stretch. I got scared at the end because I felt stuck, no one knew my dilation, first birth, etc. So we went to te hospital and I was screaming and writhing with pain and fear. This went on for about a half hour and he was out. Immediately my instincts kicked in. I told them to hand him over, no cirfmcision, no vaccines, delayed cord clampin, and to keep the placenta for me which they did.

I experienced regret and sadness for days, felt that I traumatized him with my fear. I felt like I was weak and a hipocrate toend u in the hospital. Like I should have planned better and made an effort to krep my midwife. All these regets...

So the one thing that helped me??
Eating my placenta!! I put little chunks of it in smoothes for a few days. Each time I felt a little better. By the third da I felt so much confidence and peace about thr whole situation. It completley harmonized my hormones and made me feel great! That's my advice. Eat your placenta!!
Beccadoula likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 02-10-2014, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Thanks for sharing.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 3 Old 05-21-2014, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, it may have improved your digestion. There was an article today in the New York Times about new "discoveries" about the importance of the placenta:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/22/health/study-sees-bigger-role-for-placenta-in-newborns-health.html

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page