First postpartum period - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 10-20-2014, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First postpartum period

Hello! I'm new here and hope this is the correct forum to talk about this. Long story short I had my first baby in September 2013. Exclusively breast-fed and I'm still doing so but she eats lots of solids as well. At around her first birthday she started sleeping through the night so my period started to slowly come back (came back around September 5th) It was very light but continued through September and this past weekend (October 18th) it was out of control. It was gushing non stop and I went to the hospital out of fear. Several doctors didn't seem overly concerned, and gave me a shot of Depo-provera, promising that it would slow down in 24 hours. (Hemoglobin was perfect but I'm taking iron pills incase) They said my hormones are out of whack (haven't had my period since becoming pregnant in Dec 2012) While it has slowed down a tiny bit, it is still there and quite heavy. Also at the end of August I had a regular checkup and ultrasound which showed a thick uterine lining but nothing else. Anyways, I've been searching for something similar to my situation, where someone had a long light period and then very heavy period without a break in between? My afterbirth was light and quick, 3 weeks max. Perhaps my body is making up for it ? I'm not sure if my hormones are confused since my daughter does still breastfeed ? I just want it to slow down/ go away! My biggest fear is that I will need a hysterectomy or something. And I definitely want more babies. Anyone with a similar situation please help !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-21-2014, 02:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My first period after weaning was just insane. I was bleeding through pads in 15-20 minutes. My dr was considering a D&C just to help get rid of the thick lining but it stopped on it's own after about 7 days. If you are still bleeding heavily I would give your OB/midwife a call. Feel Better!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page