healing birth trauma - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 12-03-2002, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MamaJamz, - This "We learn to not be dependent on the circumstances to give us joy, but instead learn to experience it in the here and now, whatever is happening around us" is priceless. So well said. Thank you. How is your friend?

Luma (and I like your name too) the rebirth bath sounded marvelous - so warm, loving and healing. What a wonderful experience for you and your son. Lovely.

After explaing further, I think that I'm getting what you are saying about emotional release and realizing that you've been avoiding it and thus avoiding the carthartic experience. It's sort of the ebb and flow of healing, and I suppose, life in general I would think. I think that I am also getting what you were saying about seeing the violence and being scared and not being able to face it. It's vulnerability isn't it? Being a mother has brought out a vulnerability in me and a recognition of vulnerability in others that sometimes scares me in its beauty.
#32 of 35 Old 12-05-2002, 11:18 PM

Just an update on my friend. She had to have 4 blood transfusions. (!) I haven't talked to her for reasons of giving her space. Knowing her and how she processes things is why I have opted to send a card with loving thoughts for now, and of course a gift for this beautiful baby boy!!

Jamie
#33 of 35 Old 12-06-2002, 04:16 AM - Thread Starter

So sorry to hear that Jamie, to your friend
Glad the baby is ok, you are so good to let her have her space and time... s

pioneermama, yes I see what you say about the vulnerability, and I have been thinking about that. I do feel vulnerable and extremely sensitive, and at times that has made me want to retire from the world... Only now Im feeling that is wonderful to be in the world and to feel all that I can feel, experience my self even if its painful.....
Someone here at mdc had a bautiful Anais Nin quote in their signature, these last days it has resonated so much in me:
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"
Its like that!
#34 of 35 Old 12-06-2002, 02:55 PM

Luma, Pioneermama, Earthwind, and others:

Hi! I'd like to start a new thread in the Personal Growth category about birthing and the soul. Besides being on a personal quest, I am writing a paper for my CBE certification about the interaction between the soul, body, mind, everything in childbirth. I would LOVE to hear any thoughts, feelings, experiences, or just ramblings you have about this.

I'll add my thoughts later--my daughter is calling! For now, I'll just start the thread.

Jamie
#35 of 35 Old 12-07-2002, 08:56 PM

sounds marvelous Jamie! That would be a wonderful discussion I think. I'll write more about my thoughts on it when I've got some time - right now I'm getting my daughter some supper!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page