Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Support Thread - Page 12 - Mothering Forums
First ... 2  10  11  12 13  14  22  ... Last
Healing Birth Trauma > Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Support Thread
threadbey's Avatar threadbey 12:35 AM 01-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKM5513 View Post
I'm not really sure where my cervix is suppose to be, but it is my middle finger away right now. Is that normal? I don't feel like that part of me hanging out or down to far. I guess I'm not sure where it should be. I assume it is still healing to some extent form giving birth.
wow! a whole middle finger! that sounds like normal (pre-baby) for me, but as pp said, it's different for everyone. definitely doesn't sound too bad, at least. i'm (on a good day) at about 3/4 of my index finger. i'm pretty happy with that, honestly.

Quote:
It is so weird I have my good moments and then my bad. One moment I want to throw in the towel with nursing to see if I can heal myself. Then the next moment I'm like this is not that bad, and I want to give my son what is best for him, and what I did for my daughter. I just hate the feeling of not being normal.
i know how you feel about not being normal. but i would strongly encourage you not to quit breastfeeding - there's no guarantee it would help at all and no guarantee (luckily!) that not stopping will truly stall your healing.

Quote:
May I ask you if you are having a period while nursing? This would produce estrogen...correct? I did not have a period until I compleatly stopped with my first, so wondering if there is a connection there. Hearing that yours has somewhat healed itself, has giving me a new found hope. I know we are all different, but WOW that was nice to hear. Was yours a proplapse bladder?
i got my period back at 4 months pp. i had already SIGNIFICANTLY improved by then, though. (from hanging an inch outside my body to being at least an inch inside.) i have no real understanding of the hormones involved. all i know is that my period has hit me like a ton of bricks each time (exhaustion, annoyed by nursing, grouchy, appetite loss, the whole nine yards) and i'm really hoping that will ease off when i stop nursing. it's also on a weird 6 week cycle. and pms is terrible. my personal theory is that my nursing hormones are warring with my fertility hormones!

Nicole R.'s Avatar Nicole R. 01:58 AM 01-08-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by veryerin View Post
I guess I am more bummed about having trouble jogging, babywearing, and hiking. We are leaving for New Zealand for a few months next week, and I just realized I won't be able to hike like normal.
That is a real bummer -- it sounds like a fantastic trip, and it would be so sad to have your active lifestyle slowed down by your body.

Does anyone think one of those supportive undergarments or a sea sponge used as pessary would help in this case? I've never tried any of those things.

I hope you feel better soon!
veryerin's Avatar veryerin 01:11 PM 01-08-2008
I have a diva cup and wonder if that would help any? I don't have my cycle back, so I haven't tried it. I think I ovulated last week (I get O pains) so maybe it is coming back. I really want my cycle back in hopes that increased estrogen will help the prolapse. I am EBFing, though, so who knows when my cycle will return.

I was wondering if a pessary would help. I may look into the sea sponges as well.

Does anyone have any links that show what kind of abdominal exercises help with prolapse?
CKM5513's Avatar CKM5513 09:09 PM 01-10-2008
Hi ladies,

I had my six week today. I am happy to report that my cystocele has got better since my last visit (4 weeks ago). I have a level/grade 2 fallen bladder. My doctor told me that after I am done nursing (and my period returns and I start producing estrogen) there is a 50% chance of it getting better where I would not notice it, or see it. He thought at the very least it would get a little better when my estrogen returns. Best case would be my body healing in 3-4 months. A year PP is kind of there marker for the most improvement you will get. I believe you can get a little better afterwards though...the body is a amazing thing! He also told me my uterus and rectum are normal and where they should be, so not worries there.

The kicker is if it does not get better surgery may not be a option either. I am not (thankfully) leaking urine. And my doctor said he could repair the bulge, but worries if he did that I might start leaking urine then. So it is either deal with the bulge, or leak urine. I'm thinking at this point the bulge seems better. However, if I start leaking urine than all can be fixed. I found this odd that leaking is a "good" thing in the surgery department. I would of thought that it was great that I wasn't...I mean I just gave birth to a 10.5 pound baby and I can sneeze and not pee!!! Oh, well - just have to trust in what the doctor says. So have any of you had the surgery and were not leaking urine? Just wondering.

So I am still nursing and plan to do so. Kind of making this a new challange for myself, to see how much I can improve without estrogen. Perhaps even if I just improve a little more, that will help when I am done nursing.

Thanks for all your support ladies over the last week. This was such a blow for me. Knowing I had someone to talk to made it so much easier! I will for sure be checking in to see how everyone else is improving and all the babies that are born!
fruitful womb's Avatar fruitful womb 04:49 AM 01-18-2008
Quote:
I have a diva cup and wonder if that would help any? I don't have my cycle back, so I haven't tried it. I think I ovulated last week (I get O pains) so maybe it is coming back. I really want my cycle back in hopes that increased estrogen will help the prolapse. I am EBFing, though, so who knows when my cycle will return.

I was wondering if a pessary would help. I may look into the sea sponges as well.

Does anyone have any links that show what kind of abdominal exercises help with prolapse?
Hi veryerin,

About exercises, Christine Kent from Whole Woman has an exercise routine specifically for prolapse. I've also heard that "Loose Your Mummy Tummy" is a good one. I'd use a sea sponge over a pessary, but thats me. I haven't used one at all so I can't really help you there.

At 8wks pp I was dx with a grade 4 cystocele, grd 3 uterine, grd 3 rectocele.

I've returned for some hugs and support b/c my cyctocele isn't getting any better. I'm especially bummed right now b/c a dear friend had her 4th baby (I have 4 too) a girl 9lb 8oz (my last one was 9lbs 8oz too) and she says she doesn't even feel like she had a baby. She feels closed up already. I'm so freaking jealous! The stress is making mine feel so much worse.

Good thing is, uterus and rectocele is far better than it use to be. Just trying to get rid of the water balloon feeling in my vagina.

One exercise I love is cardio elliptical. I'm not running and I'm not stair stepping and I feel tons better after wards. WW series suggests lots of walking. So that might help you too.
fruitful womb's Avatar fruitful womb 04:59 AM 01-18-2008
Quote:
Hi ladies,

I had my six week today. I am happy to report that my cystocele has got better since my last visit (4 weeks ago). I have a level/grade 2 fallen bladder. My doctor told me that after I am done nursing (and my period returns and I start producing estrogen) there is a 50% chance of it getting better where I would not notice it, or see it. He thought at the very least it would get a little better when my estrogen returns. Best case would be my body healing in 3-4 months. A year PP is kind of there marker for the most improvement you will get. I believe you can get a little better afterwards though...the body is a amazing thing! He also told me my uterus and rectum are normal and where they should be, so not worries there.

The kicker is if it does not get better surgery may not be a option either. I am not (thankfully) leaking urine. And my doctor said he could repair the bulge, but worries if he did that I might start leaking urine then. So it is either deal with the bulge, or leak urine. I'm thinking at this point the bulge seems better. However, if I start leaking urine than all can be fixed. I found this odd that leaking is a "good" thing in the surgery department. I would of thought that it was great that I wasn't...I mean I just gave birth to a 10.5 pound baby and I can sneeze and not pee!!! Oh, well - just have to trust in what the doctor says. So have any of you had the surgery and were not leaking urine? Just wondering.

So I am still nursing and plan to do so. Kind of making this a new challange for myself, to see how much I can improve without estrogen. Perhaps even if I just improve a little more, that will help when I am done nursing.

Thanks for all your support ladies over the last week. This was such a blow for me. Knowing I had someone to talk to made it so much easier! I will for sure be checking in to see how everyone else is improving and all the babies that are born!
Your actually very lucky I think. I have no doubt that you will have a full successful recovery. Congratulations on your LO!

I think I might know why the leaking could happen after surgery.

Right now there is a kink like there would be if you bent a water hose. So if surgery straightened it out, leaking is a likely scenario.

When I was 19 I did have surgery to open my urethra. The tissue was weaving together obstructing the urine flow. My bladder got so stretched out and so full and.. well... anyways, I have an opening but still an enormously large bladder.

I think the doc was overly aggressive when he did the surgery b/c after that I had a "dropped" bladder. Point is, I was told surgery on the pelvic organs kind of expires after 10 yrs. The OB who dx me said this to me. Weather it true or not, I don't know for sure b/c its such a blanket statement. Everyone heals differently I guess. But just wanted to pass that along.
Nicole R.'s Avatar Nicole R. 02:57 AM 01-19-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitful womb View Post
At 8wks pp I was dx with a grade 4 cystocele, grd 3 uterine, grd 3 rectocele.

I've returned for some hugs and support b/c my cyctocele isn't getting any better. I'm especially bummed right now b/c a dear friend had her 4th baby (I have 4 too) a girl 9lb 8oz (my last one was 9lbs 8oz too) and she says she doesn't even feel like she had a baby. She feels closed up already. I'm so freaking jealous! The stress is making mine feel so much worse.

Good thing is, uterus and rectocele is far better than it use to be. Just trying to get rid of the water balloon feeling in my vagina.
Well, here are some hugs for you. I'm sorry you are feeling jealous on top of feeling water-balloony! That's gotta be hard. I am glad that your other prolapses have gotten better, though. That's terrific!

Today I had my long-awaited first appointment with a physical therapist specializing in pelvic floor rehabilitation. I think she's going to be awesome. I really like her attitude. When I get more of a chance tomorrow I'll share some of the things she told me. One thing she said was, "Prolapse is not a medical emergency!"
threadbey's Avatar threadbey 12:02 PM 01-19-2008
Quote:

i know the feeling. congratulations on your 4th! having had all these issues myself after just number 1...
nicoley73's Avatar nicoley73 03:09 PM 01-19-2008
Quote:
I was so jealous after my second was born. Everyone said the recovery was so easy the second time - that they didn't even feel like they had a baby and were walking around like normal immediately. My recovery was worse the second time. I could barely walk. But what are you gonna do?
veryerin's Avatar veryerin 03:43 PM 01-19-2008
Quote:
One exercise I love is cardio elliptical. I'm not running and I'm not stair stepping and I feel tons better after wards. WW series suggests lots of walking. So that might help you too.

You know, when I walk a lot, yesterday for instance, that is when I feel worst! I feel the same as if I had gone on a long jog. I just arrived to New Zealand for a few months and walked all around the city yesterday and was miserable by the time I got home. It stinks, I love walking...
mamamoo's Avatar mamamoo 11:54 PM 01-19-2008
do any of you experience exteme back/hip/pelvis in general pain? especially with exercise?
veryerin's Avatar veryerin 02:00 AM 01-20-2008
My hips are quite painful when a walk a lot, jog, or wear dd for too long. Today I wore her and walked for a total of 2 hours or so and my hips are killing me!
Does doing these strenuous things actually make the prolapse worse? I do kegels and am working on ab exercises, but am I sabotaging myself by babywearing and exercising?
mamamoo's Avatar mamamoo 04:28 AM 01-20-2008
Quote:
My hips are quite painful when a walk a lot, jog, or wear dd for too long. Today I wore her and walked for a total of 2 hours or so and my hips are killing me!
Does doing these strenuous things actually make the prolapse worse? I do kegels and am working on ab exercises, but am I sabotaging myself by babywearing and exercising?
I have no idea, that's what I was wondering...I really don't want it to get worse. I walked two days last week, not very strenuous, I babywear almost daily, and then I sat on the floor at a mom's group friday morning and threw my back out bad, lower back and hips are KILLING me. <sigh>
mommyshine's Avatar mommyshine 03:36 PM 01-20-2008
My PT told me to walk daily - 10 to 15 minutes. I wonder about stairs. I started swimming and after using the kickboard for ten minutes the kegles the next AM hurt into my buttox - I am hopeful that more kick board, butt and leg strengthening will help. (Edit: read some past posts and see that kegels are done wrong sometimes by using the butt muscles - I don't think I am doing that.)

I found that carrying my daughter on the side or my son piggy back feels like it puts less pressure on my pf than lifting/carrying things in front of me.
mommyshine's Avatar mommyshine 06:57 PM 01-21-2008
I don't know what is going on... Does anyone experience pain in the perineum? A complaint I have had since - forever! And Dr always said things looked normal. I AM on the path to recovery!!! I AM healing!!! But.... I AM sooo angry at the Dr who cut me. How do we get past this? I scooted my son on a chair closer to the counter two days ago and when I did it - I hurt. Then I vacuumed the house and had a mini breakdown screaming to myself under the noise of the vacuum that I can't move the #&(^%@ chairs to freaking vacuum my %$^*$ house! ?!?!?? An episiotomy did this to me - a DR did this to me!?!? Is this missed placed anger - is it all natural failure of my body like I have heard? "You've had two kids" "Some woman have weak pelvic floors" (note: my mother birthed three kids in four years in her late thirties and is FINE - she wasn't cut! Sister had two and is FINE - she wasn't cut! Grandma used to walk home from the grocery sotre carrying bags in each hand - she had home births.) I have $1,000 worth of back packing and camping gear in the attic - I dream of taking the kids ... I cry and cry because I can't move a stupid chair to clean my house. Other crazy thoughts I have - what about celebrities? Do you think Madonna would stand for having her pelvic floor ruined? I know that is a stupid thing to think of. I feel like wearing a T-shirt that says, "An Episiotomy RUINED my LIFE."

Thanks for letting me get it out.
mamamoo's Avatar mamamoo 10:20 PM 01-21-2008
Mama, I have never had an episiotomy, and am having issues with prolapse. All of my births were relatively easy, no long stages of pushing, no ginormous babies, I feel like my body is failing me too. I am sorry you are going through this. hang in there!!

happy2bamama's Avatar happy2bamama 02:42 AM 01-22-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshine View Post
I don't know what is going on... Does anyone experience pain in the perineum? A complaint I have had since - forever! And Dr always said things looked normal. I AM on the path to recovery!!! I AM healing!!! But.... I AM sooo angry at the Dr who cut me. How do we get past this? I scooted my son on a chair closer to the counter two days ago and when I did it - I hurt. Then I vacuumed the house and had a mini breakdown screaming to myself under the noise of the vacuum that I can't move the #&(^%@ chairs to freaking vacuum my %$^*$ house! ?!?!?? An episiotomy did this to me - a DR did this to me!?!? Is this missed placed anger - is it all natural failure of my body like I have heard? "You've had two kids" "Some woman have weak pelvic floors" (note: my mother birthed three kids in four years in her late thirties and is FINE - she wasn't cut! Sister had two and is FINE - she wasn't cut! Grandma used to walk home from the grocery sotre carrying bags in each hand - she had home births.) I have $1,000 worth of back packing and camping gear in the attic - I dream of taking the kids ... I cry and cry because I can't move a stupid chair to clean my house. Other crazy thoughts I have - what about celebrities? Do you think Madonna would stand for having her pelvic floor ruined? I know that is a stupid thing to think of. I feel like wearing a T-shirt that says, "An Episiotomy RUINED my LIFE."

I'm so sorry that you're feeling so upset about it. I don't blame you though. It's kind of amazing to me the lack of post-natal support/info that we have. For example, on a recent Oprah, with Dr. Oz, someone asked a question about incontinence and he talked BRIEFLY about a bladder prolapse and almost mumbled, "A lot of women get this after they give birth." But then they moved on and I know there had to be a lot of women sitting in that audience thinking, "Please, talk more about it!!" Post-partum health and recovery deserves a show unto itself!

Also, I remember on a Late Night with Conan O'Brien a few years back, Tina Fey (SNL) was a guest and she was joking about how after her baby was born she went back to the gym and tried to jump rope to get back into shape and she peed herself. At the time (pre my DS), I thought it was funny and didn't think anything of it, but now I realize that she probably had a bladder prolapse. So, I guess celebrities do deal with these things too.

Anyhoo... something that might help you - I tore during my birth and when my PT was checking my pelvic floor and felt my perineum from the inside, I told her it felt like she was digging her fingernails into it - I even asked her if she trimmed her fingernails recently. She, of course, didn't have long fingernails and wasn't digging into me, so I asked her why I was feeling that and she told me that it was the scar tissue from the tear. She told me that it would feel better if I massaged it using a bit of oil and using one or two fingers. Kind of like how they suggest to massage your perineum BEFORE your birth to try to get it real elasticy. Well, I took her advice and tried it and it stings, but the more massage it gets, the better it feels. It's easiest to do in the bathtub for me. The massage softens the tissue (as well as intercourse). I don't know how far post-partum you are or if this would help you specifically, but I thought I'd pass it along in case it can.
mommyshine's Avatar mommyshine 02:42 PM 01-22-2008
Thanks for your hugs. My DH does perineal massage (back and forth and circles this way and that) about three times a week for me. I think I am unique on this thread as I do not have typical symptoms of prolapse. I have perineal pain every morning - relieved somewhat by a bowel movement, exacerbated by lifting things. I cannot empty my bladder sometimes and when this goes on for a few days I get "pain" in my bladder - burning or raw feeling - in the bladder - and twice when this happened I thought I had an infection... two Drs tested my urine and no infection. I think it is IC but after a test for that the Dr said no. Could be because I was soooo irritated I googled "bladder pain flare up" and found a site that recommended baking soda... any how - sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be better to have incontinence!? :-(

Last night in the shower (after a swim) I reached behind myself and pressed up on my perineum. It easily presses up and in - and I long for some type of support to hold my " " back up where it belongs. I did what someone recommended and put my fingers in my vagina this AM and I am doing my kegels correctly and they are getting stronger....

I really flip flop - angry hopeful not sure if it is a Drs fault certain that it is.... Hope to start some yoga to help relax and change my way of thinking.

Saw GMA clip about happiness -
50% genetic
10% life circumstances
40% in your own hands! Meditating and thinking thoughts of kindness and compassion 30 minutes a day can change your brain! If I have to (since I have to) live with this condition for the rest of my life - I need that 40% changed...

Thanks again everyone - as we all know it is great to be able to come here and know we are not speaking a foreign language.
mamato3cherubs's Avatar mamato3cherubs 04:09 AM 01-23-2008
I have happened across this thread and felt I had to post. I have only skimmed it as, well, it is late and i am too tired to read all of it

I think this is a wonderful thread. Wish i would have had it around 2 years ago.

I developed uterine prolapse after the birth of my 3rd baby. 9.5 lb. baby. Natural delivery that I had to fight for, LONG 2nd stage, about 2 hours from crowning to birth. I place much blame on my OBs insistance on me being placed and remaining in the "semi sitting on you back" positon for delivery. I was done fighting by then. but thats another thread (rant LOL)

Long story short, after some long months of researching, and soul searching, I underwent a vaginal hysterectomy, 1 month before my daughter's 3rd birthday, to remove my uterus including cervix. along with a small amount of correction for bladder prolapse as well.

I had some other issues as well that played as much a part in the decision as the prolapse. again, another thread.
I lived in constant Pain. I had no support other than my Gyn, who is an amazing woman.

I know I did what I felt I could to take care of the issues i had before resorting to surgery, and 95% of the time am happy with my choice. BUT it is not what i would suggest anyone do unless they have reached the end of every rope there is.

Just so glad to see this support thread, great resources and love from others going through similar things in there lives. So important
Tanibani's Avatar Tanibani 12:45 PM 01-23-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamato3cherubs View Post
I developed uterine prolapse after the birth of my 3rd baby.
Lisa, was there any hint of prolapse (heaviness) with after/during the first 2 pregnancies?
CKM5513's Avatar CKM5513 12:18 PM 01-25-2008
Hi gals!

Ok I just wanted to let you all know I found a wonderful product that is helping me heal. I want to share the website with you. They have online support - or over the phone - and it is free. And WOW it feels so good to talk/email with someone who has knowledge and hope. I bought the kegalmaster 2 weeks PP when I found out I had my stage 2 cystocele. I started using it at 4 weeks PP - and have had improvement in 4 weeks! This week I found a website dedicated to answering questions about the product and prolapse. I even purchased my kegalmaster from a different site, and they are still helping me...that is how awesome these people are they don't even care that I didn't purchase it through them! Please visit the site and read. I was told by that if I keep on my kegalmaster program, that it is possible that in 3 months I could "be out of the woods". So I think it is worth giving a try, and at the very least I know I am doing kegals right. I'm going to see a urogynocologist next Thursday to get some more help in the area too. I plan on showing her this product to see what she thinks.

The website is http://www.network54.com/Forum/80980/

Please give it a good read...it made me gain some hope in this area! At the very least it will help with your kegals and improve your sex life! And I'm sure everyone would like that
Nicole R.'s Avatar Nicole R. 07:12 PM 01-25-2008
Hi again. I had my second (of eight) appointments with a physical therapist today. After my supine exam she diagnosed my bladder prolapse as 1 and 1/2 (out of 3), rectal as 1/2, and uterine as undetectable. (Wait until next week's standing exam -- then I bet she'll find it, and it will be a 1 and 1/2.)

She believes that level 1 prolapses can be "cured" with exercise and lifestyle changes. Level 2 prolapses can be prevented from growing worse, but have little or no chance of receding completely. (I don't think that applies to women who are immediately postpartum, since so much can improve in those early months.) Anyway, I guess that puts my chances for improvement somewhere in between, but honestly I'd be thrilled with staying right where I am right now -- I just don't want to get worse with another baby and life's inevitable hormonal changes. Wrapping up the exam, my perineum, where I have scars from my second-degree tear and resulting stitches, is too tight, and my pelvic floor strength is a 3 (out of 5).

I finally learned how to do a proper Kegel exercise! I was using too large of a muscle group, too vigorously, and too frequently (without chances to totally rest in between sets). It's a very subtle movement. She gave me a personalized Kegel workout assignment, and also gave me tips to prevent constipation and incontinence, toileting positions to lessen strain, and advice on lifting mindfully. A lot of this information I already knew from this fabulous thread! But it's still wonderful to be working with someone so calm and positive.
SkylarVT's Avatar SkylarVT 08:58 PM 01-25-2008
So, I think I might belong here. I am 4 weeks PP and found a bulge while checking my stitches last week. I am having bladder issues now . . .towards the end of the day I feel like I have to pee all of the time, and my cervix feels too low. Does this sound like bladder and/or uterine prolapse? Should I see my OB sooner than my 6 week exam? Can anyone reassure me that this might just go away?
CKM5513's Avatar CKM5513 10:39 PM 01-25-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarVT View Post
So, I think I might belong here. I am 4 weeks PP and found a bulge while checking my stitches last week. I am having bladder issues now . . .towards the end of the day I feel like I have to pee all of the time, and my cervix feels too low. Does this sound like bladder and/or uterine prolapse? Should I see my OB sooner than my 6 week exam? Can anyone reassure me that this might just go away?
If there is a bulge it is most likely your bladder. It is called a cystocele. Far as your cervix, it might feel low due to just giving birth. But I'm guessing it is fine, but make sure your OB checks it. I found my bulge at 2 weeks PP and went to my OB right away. It is never to early to start healing. Are you nursing? If you are nursing, (which I am), your healing will not be as fast and might not take place until you wean. When you nurse you loose estrogen (or your body doesn't make much), which your pelvic muscles need to stay strong. My son was born 11/25 so we are right there together! Mine has improved since I found mine. At first I could not tolerate to walk, now I can. And most days can't fell it much. Mentally it still bothers me and I am always looking/feeling it...which I hope at some point will pass.

There is a chance it will ge better, too early to tell. After you see your OB - it is a good idea to see a urogynocologist that specializes in the pelvic floor. My appt. is this Thursday with mine and I will fill you in after I go. Are you having any leakage of urine?

I also posted info about the kegelmaster above on this page. Please read it, as I attribute a lot of my healing already to this product. I hope that once I wean, things will snap back into place, due to my strong muscles from the kegalmaster. Otherwise for me surgery is still a option. Not a choice I want to make, and too early to make it now, but one I will consider. But I'd rather go natural at this moment, I don't want to take away my ability to "choose" if I want another pregnancy or not (even though I think we are done - daughter is 2 and son is 9 weeks. But I want to be able to make that decision on my own).

Take care - take it day by day. There are options and you are in control of your choices - but don't sit around and wait for it to get better!
Staceyy's Avatar Staceyy 10:47 PM 01-25-2008
I had a prolapsed urethra when I was a child, about 7 years old. I was operated on for the condition and never had any more problems.
Kiddoson's Avatar Kiddoson 11:09 PM 01-25-2008
Quote:
Mentally it still bothers me and I am always looking/feeling it...which I hope at some point will pass.
I am 5 1/2 months pp. I was the same way, now I am not so yes it will pass
CKM5513's Avatar CKM5513 01:30 AM 01-26-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddoson View Post
I am 5 1/2 months pp. I was the same way, now I am not so yes it will pass
Hi there!

In the 5 1/2 months have you had any improvement? I take it you are nursing? Is your prolapse a cystocele?

I can't wait for the day that I don't spend most of it thinking about my bladder, and feeling sorry for myself...which isn't healthy! It is hard not to think how much happier I would be if this had not of happened. But it is what it is, and I must deal with it and try to stay positive!
Nicole R.'s Avatar Nicole R. 01:50 AM 01-26-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshine View Post

I'm so sorry.

I wonder if there might be more than one thing going on with you with the perineal pain, as well as with several others asking about hip and back pain. I hadn't heard that those symptoms -- and they sound terrible! -- are associated with pelvic organ prolapse. There are a lot of ways to be injured postpartum, when all joints and ligaments are soft and lax. And certainly incorrectly done stitches, whether from a tear or a cut, can be devastating.

I didn't have an episiotomy, and after a single natural birth with a 30-minute pushing stage I have all three of my pelvic organs prolapsed to some degree! Life's a mysterious b!tch sometimes. At least I don't have any pain or debilitating symptoms -- yet. We'll see what happens after another baby ...
Nicole R.'s Avatar Nicole R. 02:00 AM 01-26-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarVT View Post
It does sound prolapsey, but I think it's too soon for you to worry! There's an excellent chance that things will lift back up on their own. Be really careful so you can heal properly -- don't strain or bear down, don't get constipated, contract your pelvic floor when you lift anything heavy, and read through the other advice on this thread. There's recommendations for books and other Web sites.

I don't think you need to schedule an earlier exam -- it will take more than six weeks to heal anyway. But do make sure that your OB examines you in a STANDING position to fully diagnose any possible prolapses. I didn't do that, and it was TWO YEARS postpartum before I finally got my diagnoses.

I suspected I had a bladder prolapse right after giving birth -- I could see this pink bulgy thing when I stood and examined myself with a mirror -- but I guess I was in denial because I never insisted that my OB take my concerns seriously. It wasn't until I began checking my cervical position in preparation for conceiving #2 that I had to face the fact that I had a uterine prolapse as well. I could have had those two years to make my pelvic floor strong, and to prevent further damage.

I don't know why my prolapses never got better, but most people's do. Yours probably will, since you're already asking about them!
mamato3cherubs's Avatar mamato3cherubs 04:49 AM 01-26-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanibani View Post
Lisa, was there any hint of prolapse (heaviness) with after/during the first 2 pregnancies?
Nope. none. All of my pregnancies were healthy, full term, and natural delivery. first was 6lbs 8 oz, 2nd was 7lbs 15 oz, and third, 9lbs 5 oz. She was my only late baby, not even late but 8 days passed edd, and my only difficult delivery. I never had one hint of trouble after my first 2.
I started noticing it a few months after her delivery, wasnt really aware of what the problem was til some time later. I lived in constant pain, and with the other problems I was having, during my long terrible periods, the pain was near unbearable. I couldnt function on a normal level at all.
First ... 2  10  11  12 13  14  22  ... Last

Up