Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Support Thread - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
First ... 2  3  4 5  6  14  ... Last
Healing Birth Trauma > Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Support Thread
ecoteat's Avatar ecoteat 04:31 AM 08-10-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitful womb View Post
I needed that! This is a great place to normalize our situation! Don't let that doctor scare you! At least don't show it to him especially if he is trying to talk you into surgery. A lot of them will do that. Its how they sell their business. "If the cry they buy!" Let us know how the visit goes. How far along are you pp? I don't think I saw that in your post. Oh and Kudos your a teacher!! Very cool!
I'm almost 15 months PP. I feel a little silly that I've just been annoyed by this for so long and haven't done anything about it!

meg-momto2's Avatar meg-momto2 07:52 PM 08-10-2007
hi everyone. i'm Meg. i'm about 4 weeks PP(i know, still very early in the healing phase) and i'm pretty sure i have an uterine prolapse. DD was 9.5lbs and i pushed her out in less then 15 minutes. i can feel my cervix bulging out when i walk and it's much worse with BM's. i have my PP check up in less then 2 weeks and i'll be talking to the midwife about what i can do to help things get back in place. i the mean time i'll be researching like crazy. my mom had her uterus removed a few years ago due to prolapse and i'm hoping it will never have to come to surgery for me.
fruitful womb's Avatar fruitful womb 02:16 AM 08-11-2007
Hi meg-momto2! Wow your really early in the pp period! First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on your newest addition!!! I wish our MWs told us this could happen and counseled us on ways to avoid it. I would rest as much as possible. Please what ever you do DON'T strain on the toilet while having a BM. Try not to ever get constipated. At 4wks you have hope for a full recovery. Ever heard of 42 days for 42 years? There is a lot of truth to that. This is a standard care of AyurDoulas. Again, REST as much as you can. If I could come to your house and do your , and cook for you I really would. Theres a need for cultural change in America! Everyone expects us to jump out bed as soon as we have a baby. Especially if we had a natural birth. For you, since your so early in the pp period, take some homeopathic Sepia 200C. I had the same thing happen to me after I had my ds. At one point I saw my cervix at the opening. Since taking the sepia ( I've been taking the sepia 30C b/c the 200C is hard to find. You have to order it. The 30C works for me and I got that at the vitamin shoppe.) My Midwife Handbook suggested the 200C...

Take care of your self. Hope all goes well at the next appointment with your Midwife. Enjoy your babymoon!
meg-momto2's Avatar meg-momto2 03:04 AM 08-11-2007
thanks fruitful womb. i'm trying to rest but i'm one of those people who can't sit around and do nothing. i need to keep busy or i go crazy. i'm going to look for Sepia at some local supplement shops(lots here in Seattle) and see if my chiropractor can do anything to help. my mom also does cranial sacral work and i wonder if it will help. i know it's still early to worry too much about it. i just don't want to make it worse.
nicoley73's Avatar nicoley73 11:07 AM 08-11-2007
Hi Meg! Do try to take it easy. Try not to lift anything over 20 lbs. Prolapse is essentially a hernia. I know it's hard, but it's an investment in your long term health.

It's interesting to me that some of you have mothers who also have/had prolapse. Did they talk to you about it prior to you giving birth? I think a lot about what I am going to tell my daughter. I don't know if prolapse is really avoidable if you have a genetic predisposition and vaginal births. C-sections might have been the better option for me - it might be the case for my daughter. But then I would hate for her to miss out on a vaginal delivery...
wombatclay's Avatar wombatclay 12:33 PM 08-11-2007
My mom also hada prolapse...and many women in her family have had them as well. Most (including her) have had hysterectomies but I'm not planning surgery (and I have a bladder prolapse, not a uterine prolapse anyway).

Although vaginal delivery can aggravate a prolapse, and there are birth scenarios that contribute to prolapse, a planned c/s doesn't prevent prolapse. Much of the "damage" happens during pregnancy as tissues stretch and the pressure of the growing babe pulls on the body in new ways.

In fact, my OB said my c/s may have contributed since I'm primarily dealing with a bladder prolapse...during a c/s the bladder is "detached" and moved out of the way so the surgeon can reach the uterus. So my bladder was already traumatized by the time I have my VBAC. I was lucky...several mamas here were left with permanent urinary incontenance after their c/s due to nerve damage.
meg-momto2's Avatar meg-momto2 05:20 PM 08-12-2007
my mom never really talked much about it. she would tell me stories about patients(she's a RN in L&D) or a friend or two who had prolapses but never talked about her own. i'm starting to think i had a minor prolapse after DS birth. no one ever mentioned prolapse to me so i figured it was how things were supposed to feel and look after a vaginal birth. i wish i had know more about this and tried some preventive measures. does anyone know if Cranial Sacral therapy can help?
fruitful womb's Avatar fruitful womb 04:08 AM 08-15-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by meg-momto2 View Post
my mom never really talked much about it. she would tell me stories about patients(she's a RN in L&D) or a friend or two who had prolapses but never talked about her own. i'm starting to think i had a minor prolapse after DS birth. no one ever mentioned prolapse to me so i figured it was how things were supposed to feel and look after a vaginal birth. i wish i had know more about this and tried some preventive measures. does anyone know if Cranial Sacral therapy can help?
Sorry about not answering sooner. I don't know about cranial sacral therapy but I wonder if you would get the same results with myan uterine massage.
http://www.arvigomassage.com/
Check it out.
I hear it works. I'm going to see a guy that knows about this type of massage. Soon, I hope. Let you know how it goes. I'll ask about the cranial sacral therapy as well. I can ask my dh but he is sleeping and I keep forgetting to ask. oh well.
ecoteat's Avatar ecoteat 04:38 PM 08-15-2007
I just looked at the Mayan massage website and was shocked to find a practitioner near me (we're pretty rural and I wasn't expecting that). I haven't seen a dr yet, but I think I'm probably dealing with just a rectal prolapse, but that massage seems to be more useful for uterine or bladder prolapses. Does anyone know if it is useful for rectal prolapse? I want to be armed with as much info as possible before seeing the dr (who is a surgeon, btw, so I feel like I need to be well-versed in non-surgical options beforehand). My regular dr is a DO; does anyone know if there's anything osteopathy can do to help? Homeopathy? Herbs? Anything? (I'm really grasping at straws now!)
~*max*~'s Avatar ~*max*~ 09:28 AM 08-17-2007
Hello everyone & welcome to the new members to the tribe. ( Ecoteat)

I've just returned from a week long camping trip. We had a wonderful time. I was worried that my prolapses would cause me problems w/all the physical activity, but I did pretty well. There were a couple times I needed to take ibuprofin & rest (my uterine prolapse really aggravates my PSD), but other than that I was in good shape. I really think the Mayan massage has been helping. My chiropractor noticed a difference in the feel of my uterus & I have been feeling much better.

Amy, I would definately try the Mayan Massage, even for rectocele. It has so many benefits and if you have a rectocele, there is a good chance your uterus is off too. Many women here have had success w/homeopathic Sepia. I saw an osteopath about my prolapses, and she didn't have much to offer. (She even recommended the surgery.Boo!) But, perhaps yours will have a different perspective. Do be prepared when you see the surgeon for the surgery recommendations. It seems that surgery is the only way western docs know to treat this. If you haven't already, I recommend checking out wholewoman.com . I feel like her postures and exercises have also been really helpful. Good luck at the doctor!
Kiddoson's Avatar Kiddoson 12:09 PM 08-20-2007
Glad to have found this thread, I am 16 days PP and I think I have uterine prolapse. I am really freaked out by this as I am a horse trainer and I need to RIDE to make money. Am I totally screwed here? Really worried....
~*max*~'s Avatar ~*max*~ 01:04 PM 08-20-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddoson View Post
Glad to have found this thread, I am 16 days PP and I think I have uterine prolapse. I am really freaked out by this as I am a horse trainer and I need to RIDE to make money. Am I totally screwed here? Really worried....
Try not to worry too much - you are early days still for a diagnosis, and your body is definately still healing. I would recommend resting as much as you can, doing some exercises to stregthen your pelvic floor, & you might also want to check out Mayan Uterine Massage. I have had some good results w/it. If you haven't looked into www.wholewoman.com yet, you may want to. It is a wealth of information.

Perhaps you could wear a support garment while riding, to help hold everything in place? (I ride too, but have not in some time.)
indignantgirl's Avatar indignantgirl 08:36 PM 08-26-2007
Quote:
Yes I've seen that website! Its a great website I'm going to by her book and the exercise video she offers. Like, tomorrow! We get paid yea!!
If you haven't seen/tried it yet, Christine also highly recommends the dvd Dance the Chakras with Ana Brett. I bought my copy at Amazon. She says it's the closest thing to a woman's yoga she's found and that except for the one jack-knife pose it all keeps with the "Whole Woman" postures. I find that to be true. I feel great afterwards, instead of that "golf ball" sensation I usually have after anything too strenuous. My condition has continued to improve with the Whole Woman book and the dvd.

Quote:
Your story with the forceps sounds a lot like my story. The OB (second OB for a second opinion) said my pelvic floor was shot when the OB that delivered my first child cut a fourth degree episiotomy and used forceps. He didn't even give me a chance to push. Maybe the no pushing thing might have been a good thing. I've been thinking a lot about a UC on our next delivery. Dh won't stand for it and I've become frighten of MW at least the one who helped me deliver my ds 3m ago. She ordered me to push on all three of my HB with her as my MW. Shot out a 10ber in 2 min and my recent baby was 9lb delivered in 4 min. I want to learn more about no pushing to deliver.
I did push for a while before the forceps (although my dr didn't even tell me she was going to do forceps, she just cut me and started jamming them in) but I was induced with a baby who hadn't even dropped yet, so the whole labor was slow going.

Midwives are great if you have the right one. Maybe if you can find one you trust between now and then. I have a midwife I worked with throughout my pg to become educated and also to have a midwife if I felt I wanted one during labor. She's never been to a birth of mine, but she has assisted many of my friends' births and she's the most hands-off midwife possible (unless the mama wants her to be hands on). But you have to watch out, because I think midwives like to think they'll be hands off if you want, but sometimes their training takes over.

The no-pushing thing is the way to go, wherever you birth. I was kneeling both times to shorten the birth canal and just breathed through contractions while my body literally ejected the babies. Like having diarrhea of the uterus. It really only took a few minutes each time.

For the record, my midwife has been at many births where the mama has "breathed out" the baby and says that most women will do that naturally if not urged to push, and if they are upright.

Once again, great thread! I love finding a place to talk about this without feeling embarrassed or "defective".
wombatclay's Avatar wombatclay 09:03 PM 08-26-2007
Though I should add....not all babes breath their way out! I was upright/squatting (and hands and knees, and dangling, and side lying, etc) and undirected for 4 hours of uncontrollable pushing (no pressure to start pushing, no counting, no "just a little more")... and still needed "help" at the end to resolve a shoulder dystocia. Some day I'd love to simply breath out a babe but, well, that doesn't seem to be the way it works for me!
indignantgirl's Avatar indignantgirl 11:24 PM 08-26-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Though I should add....not all babes breath their way out! I was upright/squatting (and hands and knees, and dangling, and side lying, etc) and undirected for 4 hours of uncontrollable pushing (no pressure to start pushing, no counting, no "just a little more")... and still needed "help" at the end to resolve a shoulder dystocia. Some day I'd love to simply breath out a babe but, well, that doesn't seem to be the way it works for me!

Oh, yes, thanks for pointing that out. Of course there are issues that can make it necessary for a mama to work harder to get the babe out. I think the midwife just meant that under normal circumstances, barring something like shoulder dystocia or malpositioning, that the body will evacuate the baby itself. It sounds funny to say it that way, but that's really what it felt like.
Goatriffic's Avatar Goatriffic 01:14 PM 08-27-2007
Coming out of the woodwork to thank everyone for this thread. I noticed my prolapse a few days after my 4th baby was born, 5 weeks ago. She was my biggest, 10lbs5oz, and I wonder if that contributed to the problem. I think I probably had a very mild cystocele before her but now I feel like I'm walking around with a baseball up there all the time. I'm fairly certain I have a cystocele and a rectocele. I haven't seen anyone about it yet because surgery isn't an option for me now, even if I did decide I wanted it.

I've rested as much as possible since she was born. We pretty much hung out in bed and relaxed for the first 3 weeks. And I'm still taking it easy. But it doesn't seem to be getting better and I'm so angry. I know I probably shouldn't be but I am. I hate the way this feels. I hate that I can't do things that I want to do because I'm worried I'll make it worse. I hate that it bothers me so much. I hate that I have to ask for help to do things that I didn't even think twice about before, like lifting laundry baskets. I feel hopeless and depressed a lot and I don't really have anyone irl to talk to about this that understands. But I do feel better knowing I'm not alone, so thank you for this thread. The Whole Woman site is giving me some hope that maybe some day I won't think about my vagina all day long.
Birth&Bunnies's Avatar Birth&Bunnies 08:26 PM 08-27-2007
Directed pushing is so awful for your body! I can't stand seeing birth programs and them counting "ok now (watch monitor) PUSH 1,2,3...." Even a mama with an epidural can 'labor down' and be helped into a more upright position to avoid directed pushing.
ecoteat's Avatar ecoteat 10:26 PM 08-27-2007
I'm really perplexed about the pushing thing. I think when I was in labor I thought I was just trying to stay open, when in fact I was bearing down way too soon. My MWs didn't tell me what to do at all--they were wonderfully supportive, yet very hands-off. I am extremely happy about my birth experience with them. But now I'm starting to wonder: If I WAS actually pushing too soon, wouldn't they have noticed? Shouldn't they have said something? There was no point in my labor when I specifically felt a change; I never felt the urge to push. Everything just got gradually more and more intense until dd's head popped out just before her whole body slipped out with my next breath. Did I do this to myself? I'm upset with myself that what was a perfect and beautiful pregnancy and birth (or so I thought) led to what may be a rectocele and subsequent future duscussions of surgery, or avoiding it, or other treatments. If this is in fact a prolapse (I see the dr. Wed), I'll feel betrayed by my body--everything else worked so well in my childbearing year; why not this?
wombatclay's Avatar wombatclay 11:48 PM 08-27-2007
hugs ecoteat...I'm so sorry. It sounds like you weren't pushing "too soon". You were listening to and going with your body. You didn't do this to yourself, you didn't mess up, you didn't do it wrong. It stinks, and it's not fair, and it's normal to mourn... but this really is just something that happens and sometimes it just isn't anyone's "fault". Like stretch marks. Sometimes you do everything "right" and it doesn't matter.

hang in there mama...
Goatriffic's Avatar Goatriffic 02:34 PM 08-28-2007
Quote:
It stinks, and it's not fair, and it's normal to mourn... but this really is just something that happens and sometimes it just isn't anyone's "fault".
This is a hard one for me. I planned a very hands off homebirth and got exactly what I wanted, in a good way. I pushed too early I think, not because I was directed to but because I wanted to be done and I wanted to meet my baby girl and I wrongly assumed she'd be born quickly once I started pushing. Now I'm wondering if it's my fault, if I did this to myself. And I'm so mad that vaginas can "fail" with normal use. I have only ever used my vagina for its intended purposes and now I feel broken.
I know logically that I'm not and I know I need to move past this anger into acceptence so that I can work on making things better. Knowing all that doesn't make it easier to do.
ecoteat's Avatar ecoteat 06:20 PM 08-28-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatriffic View Post
This is a hard one for me. I planned a very hands off homebirth and got exactly what I wanted, in a good way. I pushed too early I think, not because I was directed to but because I wanted to be done and I wanted to meet my baby girl and I wrongly assumed she'd be born quickly once I started pushing. Now I'm wondering if it's my fault, if I did this to myself. And I'm so mad that vaginas can "fail" with normal use. I have only ever used my vagina for its intended purposes and now I feel broken.
I know logically that I'm not and I know I need to move past this anger into acceptence so that I can work on making things better. Knowing all that doesn't make it easier to do.
Did you sneak into my brain? Or my birth pool 15 months ago? I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like this, but I just can't get over the feeling that my body broke too. Isn't there some kind of warranty on vaginas and rectums? It sucks. I hope when I see the dr. tomorrow I find out it's not as bad as I think it is (which actually isn't nearly as bad as it could be), but I'm not getting too optimistic yet. She is a surgeon, after all.
wombatclay's Avatar wombatclay 06:35 PM 08-28-2007
Trust me...I know the feeling. It took me almost a year to recover emotionally/psychologically from my c/s and really it's still an ongoing battle almost 3 years later.

And this tear/prolapse...if it weren't for the absolute high of the vbac I know I would be in a much harder position emotionally. As it was I spent a lot of time crying on DH's shoulder about how my body was/is broken. I mean come on...a c/s AND shoulder dystocia AND a 4th degree tear AND a prolapse? Obviously I am just not "made" to give birth no matter what the natural living mama in me wishes were true.

Sigh.

But I think it's important to remember that no matter what you feel in a given moment, the truth is none of this is your fault. It took me a year in therapy to come to that place after my c/s...and this time I'm trying to just keep that thought front and center when my mood starts turning down.
happy2bamama's Avatar happy2bamama 01:30 AM 08-29-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatriffic View Post
Coming out of the woodwork to thank everyone for this thread. I noticed my prolapse a few days after my 4th baby was born, 5 weeks ago. She was my biggest, 10lbs5oz, and I wonder if that contributed to the problem. I think I probably had a very mild cystocele before her but now I feel like I'm walking around with a baseball up there all the time. I'm fairly certain I have a cystocele and a rectocele. I haven't seen anyone about it yet because surgery isn't an option for me now, even if I did decide I wanted it.

I've rested as much as possible since she was born. We pretty much hung out in bed and relaxed for the first 3 weeks. And I'm still taking it easy. But it doesn't seem to be getting better and I'm so angry. I know I probably shouldn't be but I am. I hate the way this feels. I hate that I can't do things that I want to do because I'm worried I'll make it worse. I hate that it bothers me so much. I hate that I have to ask for help to do things that I didn't even think twice about before, like lifting laundry baskets. I feel hopeless and depressed a lot and I don't really have anyone irl to talk to about this that understands. But I do feel better knowing I'm not alone, so thank you for this thread. The Whole Woman site is giving me some hope that maybe some day I won't think about my vagina all day long.
I just wanted to give you hope that it will get better for you. You are only 5 weeks PP and for me, that was when I felt my prolapse the most. I didn't even know what it was at first, I just thought I had a stubborn clot that wouldn't pass (sorry TMI).

Around 4 months PP, I saw a physical therapist who specializes in the pelvic floor and she did the most thorough pelvic exam on me ever. She inserted her finger(s) in my vagina and then told me to flex certain muscles and she could tell which tendons and muscles inside me were tight and/or out of whack and then after the exam, we did specific exercises based on that - whoa!! She diagnosed me with a grade 1 uterine prolapse. I was so elated by that because to me, it felt like my entire uterus was going to fall out, so to hear "grade 1" gave me hope.

I am now almost 8 months PP and I rarely, if ever, feel the prolapse at all. What I feel more is a little, annoying hemmerhoid that won't go away (sorry again TMI)! I imagine (and hope) that as time goes on your prolapse will heal more and more. Hopefully you have a similar case, but either way, regardless of if you have a grade 1 or a grade 10 prolapse, time is the great healer (and kegels too!) and you are only at the beginning, so don't lose hope quite yet. I know it's hard to think that though when you just want to feel vibrant and not broken.
nicoley73's Avatar nicoley73 11:08 AM 08-29-2007
I felt broken. I was so angry at my body for letting me down. I was resentful of all the other moms who seemingly had no problems postpartum. But, my mom and dh always had total confidence that I would heal. And I went to physical therapy, which made me feel more in control of my healing. My PT also had confidence that I would be fine. I'm now 4.5 mos pp and only feel the prolapse if I've slacked off on my exercises. At 2 weeks pp my cervix was coming out my vagina. There is hope. And (unfortunately) there are lots of us out there, so don't feel alone.
threadbey's Avatar threadbey 11:47 AM 08-29-2007
oh, thank you for this thread and i'm so glad i found it!

i'm more than 5 months pp now and my prolapse isn't giving me serious issues anymore (although a few annoyances i've had - not peeing completely at one go, random backache - i didn't know until reading here were prolapse related).

but i think the biggest issue for me is psychological! i took good care of myself during pregnancy, exercise, yoga, etc. and i've always been healthy, anyway. the birth was perfectly normal - about 11 hours after my water broke, only 45 min of pushing, normal position and everything. then a few days later, i was using the bathroom and washing myself off and SAW my cervix hanging out of me! it was horrifying.

thankfully, my mw didn't think it was a major issue and i only thought i'd need surgery for the 10 min it took to get her on the phone

but i still feel really a little embarrassed by the prolapse issue and i can't figure out why. it doesn't help that my mother was shocked by the idea and told everyone that i was in bed because my "insides were falling out"! or that my mil did research on it and found that only "old" women or "out of shape" women or women with "long, difficult labors" or women with MANY children get prolapse... so i'm still here thinking "what's wrong with ME?" and wondering about future children.

anyway, i'm glad to find you. i'm subbing. i'll read the previous several pages and come back.
threadbey's Avatar threadbey 12:11 PM 08-29-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo Loo Naturals View Post
Oh, I wanted to ask how your sex lives are affected? How your partners might feel about your changed vagina? Anyone think sex as exercise might be beneficial?
had to respond here. i was nervous about how i would feel and how dh would feel. he says he can't tell any thing's different i was a little uncomfortable the first few times, but it's great now - as good as pre-baby, i'd say. i do have to essentially do a kegel at the same time... and, YES, i think it's good exercise!
threadbey's Avatar threadbey 02:09 PM 08-29-2007
Quote:
Birth culture- I'm afraid the modern "natural birth" movement plays into this as well. Women want to demonstrate that birth is natural, that it's not something the med pros need to interfere with, that women are made to birth. So hours or even minutes after birth women try to be up and about to "prove" this (ignoring or "forgetting" the rest element that surrounded natural birth for hundreds of generations).

... It makes me wonder sometimes...I'm 100% in favor of natural birth and belive passionately in birth and in women's abilities, but sometimes I wonder if natural birth without the recovery support system is doing more harm then good for women's health. Again, no quick fixes or easy answers, just another example of the complex disfunction of modern times.
i don't know wheather i was "proving" something, or if i just believed the sales pitch - that i'd feel fine and dandy afterwards if i did it at home with no drugs and no episiotomy. i DID feel fine - but it caught up with me. i was up and about too much. not a lot. but too much. next time around i am going to set things up so i have a real lying in and try to enjoy it (rather than going "omg - i can see my cervix!" and then imprisoning myself in bed for 2 weeks...) i think if everyone knows that's what i'm doing, it will be better.

i also think that being told "take it easy for a while" just made me think "do whatever i want to do". i completely agree with pp that had anyone said anything about pop as a possible result of too much activity, i would have behaved differently!!!! i thought it was all about my comfort and happiness. had no idea there were long term consequences

it also seriously pisses me off that people (myself included) don't talk about post-partum issues. gory birth stories galore, but they all end with the impression that by a few days later, everything was fine (despite c/s, forceps, whatever...) which i just can't believe is the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoteat View Post
I'm really perplexed about the pushing thing. I think when I was in labor I thought I was just trying to stay open, when in fact I was bearing down way too soon. My MWs didn't tell me what to do at all--they were wonderfully supportive, yet very hands-off. I am extremely happy about my birth experience with them. But now I'm starting to wonder.... feel betrayed by my body--everything else worked so well in my childbearing year; why not this?
agree completely. i don't think i pushed too soon, but... i didn't ever feel an *overpowering* urge to push... but i wanted it over! i'll never know what the reasons for my prolapse were. probably a combo of lots of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoley73 View Post
I felt broken. I was so angry at my body for letting me down. I was resentful of all the other moms who seemingly had no problems postpartum.
same here. but i do wonder if they all really don't have problems...

i'd love to see a good pt. not going to happen for a while, though. :

i've been trying to kegel - seemed very helpful at first, but not so much anymore. also doing crunches - oops. mw told me to! i'll check out that site next...
pamamidwife's Avatar pamamidwife 02:27 PM 08-29-2007
i have a cystocele and rectocele but have never had issues w it. i have always been told that its pretty normal after preg...and a large majoritry of women i have seen have at least one.

i know docs like to recommend surgery or hysterectomy for this, which makes me sick.

i blame our sedentary lifestyles as the #1 reason why this happens. forced pusahing comes a close 2nd. thoughts?

sorry,nak
Goatriffic's Avatar Goatriffic 02:53 PM 08-29-2007
Quote:
i was nervous about how i would feel and how dh would feel. he says he can't tell any thing's different i was a little uncomfortable the first few times, but it's great now - as good as pre-baby, i'd say.
That gives me hope. Since meeting my current husband 2 years ago my sexuality has become an important part of my life. It's become something I look forward to and enjoy whereas before him it was a chore. Since discovering my prolapse I've worried a lot that I'll never be able to enjoy sex again. How can I enjoy sex when all I can think about is my bladder falling out of my vagina? And I worry that my Dh won't be satisfied anymore. Since things are so different to me how can he not feel a difference, kwim?

Here's a really embarassing question that I can't believe I am asking but here goes. Since my prolapse air gets trapped up there and inevitably comes out making a very embarassing noise. Please, please tell me I'm not the only one. During the day it doesn't bother me so much because I can just blame it on the kids. But I would be mortified if this happened during sex. It's bad enough that I feel like I have to hold my insides in and can't empty my bladder or bowel all the way. Now I have to worry about vaginal farts too? This is when I either laugh until I cry or cry until I laugh.
pamamidwife's Avatar pamamidwife 02:54 PM 08-29-2007
goatriffic,you are NOT the only one.
First ... 2  3  4 5  6  14  ... Last

Up