Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Support Thread - Page 48 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1411 of 1505 Old 08-19-2011, 06:31 AM
 
LionessMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,610
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgonz880 View Post



 



What type of pessary do you use?  My OB/GYN gave me a pessary when I saw him on Tues. just to use while I am exercising to help hold my uterus up-it is calles an  inflatoball.   I am slightly apprehensive about using it, it is latex and I would insert it and then inflate it into a doughnut shape, then to take it out I deflate it and pull it out.  Is this like what you use?  How do you feel about using a pessary?  Are you able to feel it inside of you while you exercise and does it move down in your vaginal canal while you work out?  Sorry for all the questions :)

 

~Diana

 



http://www.medicaldepartmentstore.com/pessary-p/rxxs.htm mine looks like the one that has the support in the middle. strangely enough i couldnt get pregnant with dd1 until i took it out.  :shrug. i think i need to go get resized though.  i wore it for 5 years without problems. i couldnt ever feel it, not even while dtd. it never moved either. it is causing me pain now. but i am sure that is bc after 2 babies i am a different shape. i have an appt to go get a new one bc i really liked it the way it fit.


Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
LionessMom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#1412 of 1505 Old 08-19-2011, 08:27 AM
 
mommyw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hi! i posted my own thread but i thought i'd post in here to see if i got replies sooner. I am 5 weeks pp , my baby (2nd baby) was 8lb10oz, fast labor(3-4hr) & hard/fast pushing (7min.) im waiting on an appt w/ a urogyn,but basically it feels full or heavy all day except 30min. first thing in the morning. this has only been going on almost a wk. & started 24hrs after my dh&i had sex for the first time pp. we had sex a 2nd time this wk& i had some spotting, other than that im no longer bleeding/spotting. i do not know if its a prolapse or what & I really hope i can get some insight here.

mommyw is offline  
#1413 of 1505 Old 08-19-2011, 09:49 AM
 
dgonz880's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Antigo, WI
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post



 



http://www.medicaldepartmentstore.com/pessary-p/rxxs.htm mine looks like the one that has the support in the middle. strangely enough i couldnt get pregnant with dd1 until i took it out.  :shrug. i think i need to go get resized though.  i wore it for 5 years without problems. i couldnt ever feel it, not even while dtd. it never moved either. it is causing me pain now. but i am sure that is bc after 2 babies i am a different shape. i have an appt to go get a new one bc i really liked it the way it fit.



http://www.coopersurgical.com/ourproducts/Pages/Inflatoball.aspx?order1=MXKPINFL&order2=MXKPINFM&order3=MXKPINFS&order4=MXKPINFXL&order5=BULB&lc=Pessaries Prolapse&name=Inflatoball (100% latex)&tc=1  This is the one I have.  I would just use it during exercise and then remove it.  Have you heard of this type?  Does anyone else on here happen to have used this or currently use this one?

 

dgonz880 is offline  
#1414 of 1505 Old 08-19-2011, 03:11 PM
 
dgonz880's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Antigo, WI
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyw View Post

hi! i posted my own thread but i thought i'd post in here to see if i got replies sooner. I am 5 weeks pp , my baby (2nd baby) was 8lb10oz, fast labor(3-4hr) & hard/fast pushing (7min.) im waiting on an appt w/ a urogyn,but basically it feels full or heavy all day except 30min. first thing in the morning. this has only been going on almost a wk. & started 24hrs after my dh&i had sex for the first time pp. we had sex a 2nd time this wk& i had some spotting, other than that im no longer bleeding/spotting. i do not know if its a prolapse or what & I really hope i can get some insight here.



When I was a couple weeks PP what made me notice something was different was I felt like something was falling out of my vagina-or that my vagina was falling out.  It was a really weird feeling, so finally I got up the courage to check things down there and I could feel a bulging of soft tissue right at my vaginal opening.  That freaked me out, s I took a mirror and looked down there and could also see it.  I called my midwife and talked to her and she said my uterus was probably prolapsed.  I looked of images of POP on the internet and found alot of similar pics of how I looked down there.  I made an appt. with my Gyn and he confirmed my midwife's suspicion-a prolapsed uterus, grade 1-2.  I was only 3 wks PP when I saw my gyno and he said that was really early PP and to come back in 4-6 weeks for a re-eval.  I was just there this week for the recheck and have gotten about 25% better.  I have read alot on this thread and have gathered some info about the PP period and when to really be concerned about this problem.  Basically, alot of docs consider the PP period to be a year and that things can resolve quite a bit on their own.  Also, my gyn told me if I don't have any quality of life issues with this (i.e. leaking urine, painful intercourse) then to just leave it alone.  Fortunately, I do not have any quality of life issues with it, it is just annoying some days.  I worry once in a while about it getting worse, and I am wanting to start exercising again and have been putting it off for fear of my prolapse becoming worse because of exercise, but my gyn says to go ahead and exercise that in the long run t will be worse for me to NOT exercise.  also, I gained 80 lbs with my last pregnancy and still have about 50-60 lbs to lose and my gyn told me that losing at least 20 lbs would help my prolapse resolve some too.  My last birth was also a very fast labor and very fast pushing phase as well (7 min. here too :)  My suggestion to you would be to just check yourself down there and see what you feel, trust me you will be able to tell if something isn't right.  I have also read that about 75% of PP women have some type of prolapse that goes unnoticed and resolves on its own.  Prolapses are usually better in the morning and get more bothersome throughout the day because when you are laying down at night things fall back into place and when you go about your daily activities they kinda fall again throughout the day.  Hope all turns out well for you.  Wish I had more insight, but if you want go through the posts on here-there is a lot of info.  Plus it is nice to know you aren't alone in this:)

 

~Diana

 

dgonz880 is offline  
#1415 of 1505 Old 08-19-2011, 04:31 PM
 
mommyw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)



hi diana,

yep that is just how i feel-on monday i had that saggy/heavy feeling so i looked w/ a mirror & it looked like the pee hole (sry to not be anatomically correct lol) was enlarged a little & like there was a tissue lump that wasnt there prior. it doesnt look like the pictures online of uterus' literally hanging out but it does feel like a hard mass sort of right before where the g spot is supposedly at.  plus i can feel my cervix w/ my middle finger, its about 2 1/2in in there i'd say, which idk if thats normal or low. and then today/yesterday started having some uti symptoms and some pain in one side on my back where kidney is.plus when my dh & i had sex for the 2nd time pp, which was yesterday, it was like i was tensing up over and over when we were trying to start bc i was scared of him hurting me(first time pp was fine, wasnt scared of pain and had no pain either) plus it felt , to me, not to him, like he was kind of hitting something, and then afterwards i had some spotting which subsided last night, but once today after peeing when i wiped i had spotting also. i have been doing a lot of kegals and i TRY not to lift anything heavy but we doing some home renovations plus i have a 35lb 2y/o soo that is pretty hard to not do.i haven't seen an ob/gyn for this yet, i saw one cnm on monday, the first day i felt it, who said things looked normal, but they do NOT feel normal i can promise that. so now i am waiting for my primary care to make my appt w/ the urogyn. and let me know when that is, hopefully in next two wks. i certainly dont want to have, or have to have, some type of surgery for sure. and i am only 20, so it blows my mind that it could even happen to be, i was unaware of it at all until now. i am realllllly hoping it does revolve itself like you say :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgonz880 View Post



 



When I was a couple weeks PP what made me notice something was different was I felt like something was falling out of my vagina-or that my vagina was falling out.  It was a really weird feeling, so finally I got up the courage to check things down there and I could feel a bulging of soft tissue right at my vaginal opening.  That freaked me out, s I took a mirror and looked down there and could also see it.  I called my midwife and talked to her and she said my uterus was probably prolapsed.  I looked of images of POP on the internet and found alot of similar pics of how I looked down there.  I made an appt. with my Gyn and he confirmed my midwife's suspicion-a prolapsed uterus, grade 1-2.  I was only 3 wks PP when I saw my gyno and he said that was really early PP and to come back in 4-6 weeks for a re-eval.  I was just there this week for the recheck and have gotten about 25% better.  I have read alot on this thread and have gathered some info about the PP period and when to really be concerned about this problem.  Basically, alot of docs consider the PP period to be a year and that things can resolve quite a bit on their own.  Also, my gyn told me if I don't have any quality of life issues with this (i.e. leaking urine, painful intercourse) then to just leave it alone.  Fortunately, I do not have any quality of life issues with it, it is just annoying some days.  I worry once in a while about it getting worse, and I am wanting to start exercising again and have been putting it off for fear of my prolapse becoming worse because of exercise, but my gyn says to go ahead and exercise that in the long run t will be worse for me to NOT exercise.  also, I gained 80 lbs with my last pregnancy and still have about 50-60 lbs to lose and my gyn told me that losing at least 20 lbs would help my prolapse resolve some too.  My last birth was also a very fast labor and very fast pushing phase as well (7 min. here too :)  My suggestion to you would be to just check yourself down there and see what you feel, trust me you will be able to tell if something isn't right.  I have also read that about 75% of PP women have some type of prolapse that goes unnoticed and resolves on its own.  Prolapses are usually better in the morning and get more bothersome throughout the day because when you are laying down at night things fall back into place and when you go about your daily activities they kinda fall again throughout the day.  Hope all turns out well for you.  Wish I had more insight, but if you want go through the posts on here-there is a lot of info.  Plus it is nice to know you aren't alone in this:)

 

~Diana

 



 

mommyw is offline  
#1416 of 1505 Old 08-19-2011, 04:45 PM
 
mommyw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

also, i dont have burning when i pee, i just have a painful feeling down 'there' in general around urethra&cervix/vagina. & as far as i know they checked my urine when i went monday, for a uti, and it was fine didnt show that i had one. but it is friday now so idk.

mommyw is offline  
#1417 of 1505 Old 08-19-2011, 08:54 PM
 
LionessMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,610
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgonz880 View Post





http://www.coopersurgical.com/ourproducts/Pages/Inflatoball.aspx?order1=MXKPINFL&order2=MXKPINFM&order3=MXKPINFS&order4=MXKPINFXL&order5=BULB&lc=Pessaries Prolapse&name=Inflatoball (100% latex)&tc=1  This is the one I have.  I would just use it during exercise and then remove it.  Have you heard of this type?  Does anyone else on here happen to have used this or currently use this one?

 



 

i haven't seen that one but the only one i have ever seen was my own. lol. i had to wear mine all the time. until this last baby was born. for some reason ecerything got better after this last birth and i have had less problems. this was also the only birth i had that was all natural and in a squatting position where i did not push. i just let my body do it all itself. all the pushing was involuntary. i am convinced that is what helped me. but everyone is different and it might not help me next time. :)


Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
LionessMom is offline  
#1418 of 1505 Old 08-20-2011, 05:49 AM
 
sjpPOP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It's wonderful that you ladies are starting a thread on pelvic organ prolapse! I'd like to invite all the mom's on this thread to send questions my way relating to pelvic organ prolapse that you can't find answers to. As a women's pelvic floor health advocate, I communicate daily with women from their early 20s to their mid 80s who are navigating the POP path. I'm sorry I can't jump in and look for questions (I address them on MedHelp.org and have a nonprofit; I work on multiple aspects of global POP concern-currently heading to FDA to address the transvaginal mesh procedure controversy), but if any of you have concerns you can't find answers to, please feel free to toss them my way and you can transfer the info to the women of your community. It is vital that we establish some recognition for POP in women ahead of the curve; vaginal childbirth is the leading cause of POP followed by menopause. There are some basics available on my nonprofit site (APOPS) but often questions are more diverse than the what the basics will answer-every woman's scenario is a bit unique. 3 million women in the US alone have POP, it's truly time to take this topic out of the closet. I don't want to invade your space, just feel it is vital that we all share what we learn about  this common female health concern.

Sherrie Palm

Association for Pelvic Organ Prolapse Support

sjpPOP is offline  
#1419 of 1505 Old 08-21-2011, 02:50 PM
 
dgonz880's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Antigo, WI
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyw View Post



hi diana,

yep that is just how i feel-on monday i had that saggy/heavy feeling so i looked w/ a mirror & it looked like the pee hole (sry to not be anatomically correct lol) was enlarged a little & like there was a tissue lump that wasnt there prior. it doesnt look like the pictures online of uterus' literally hanging out but it does feel like a hard mass sort of right before where the g spot is supposedly at.  plus i can feel my cervix w/ my middle finger, its about 2 1/2in in there i'd say, which idk if thats normal or low. and then today/yesterday started having some uti symptoms and some pain in one side on my back where kidney is.plus when my dh & i had sex for the 2nd time pp, which was yesterday, it was like i was tensing up over and over when we were trying to start bc i was scared of him hurting me(first time pp was fine, wasnt scared of pain and had no pain either) plus it felt , to me, not to him, like he was kind of hitting something, and then afterwards i had some spotting which subsided last night, but once today after peeing when i wiped i had spotting also. i have been doing a lot of kegals and i TRY not to lift anything heavy but we doing some home renovations plus i have a 35lb 2y/o soo that is pretty hard to not do.i haven't seen an ob/gyn for this yet, i saw one cnm on monday, the first day i felt it, who said things looked normal, but they do NOT feel normal i can promise that. so now i am waiting for my primary care to make my appt w/ the urogyn. and let me know when that is, hopefully in next two wks. i certainly dont want to have, or have to have, some type of surgery for sure. and i am only 20, so it blows my mind that it could even happen to be, i was unaware of it at all until now. i am realllllly hoping it does revolve itself like you say :)



 

My sis and my best friend both say they can reach their cervix's with their middle finger and I can reach mine with my middle finger too, but I had never been able to reach my cervix before my uterus was prolapsed.  My prolapse is pretty mild I believe if it is that far up and I would say if your cervix is that far up you may or may not have a prolapse.  I guess the only way to judge is if you have ever been able to feel your cervix before.  f you have never in the past tried to feel your cervix before, where it is could very well be normal for you.  When I first noticed mine, my uterus and cervix were not outside my body, nor were they right at the vaginal opening.  When the uterus falls into the vaginal canal, I believe the vaginal wall slightly sags as well, and the tissue that was bulging right at the inside was vaginal wall tissue being forced down from my uterus pushing it down, even when I first noticed the prolapse, when I would check t see where my cervical position was, I would insert my middle finger in about to the middle knuckle and that is where I would feel it, now I have to push my whole middle finger up before I reach my cervix....so it has definitley gotten better, plus I don't hardly ever feel that big bulge of tissue when I check, now it is just a very small bulge, if any.  The bulge I felt when I was first self diagnosing my prolapse was soft-it almost felt like it was full of fluid.  If you are feeling a hard bulge I am not sure what that would be.  When I am really active during the day it seems as though my cervix feels lower, but when I check it isn't.  My gyno only feels I have gotten 23% better, but I feel it is more than that-I know my body pretty well-better than he does-and I take that into consideration with what his judgment is.  The first time DH and I had sex PP I was really scared it would hurt....but it didn't at all.  My GYN told me to try many sex positions to see if any were painful, and so far so good (sorry...TMI)  I have also read and heard that if you do too many kegels you can actually weaken your pelvic floor muscles.  I read to do 4 sets of 10 kegels throughout the day.  Plus I have read in this thread that the correct way to do them is to prop your bum up on a couple of pillows and then hold one kegel for 7 seconds and then release for 7, then hold for 7, release for 7; and repeat that for a set of 10.  Then later in the day do another set, and so on until you've done 4 sets.  At first I was crazy about this and made sure to do 4 sets of 10 EVERY day when I was really obsessing about my prolapse; but as time has gone by I kinda fell out of he routine and do them when I think of it-like right now...lol.  Is the hard mass you are feeling by your urethral opening or in the vagina?

 

~Diana 

 

 

dgonz880 is offline  
#1420 of 1505 Old 08-21-2011, 04:30 PM
 
mommyw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


it was right in the opening of the vagina. i havent been feeling up in there much the past few days bc im worried about causing infection bc im still spotting on and off, but i have been having a LOT of pain around the urethra and it is like the top part of the opening is normal but the bottom half of it(the bottom half of the urethral opening) is really swollen and red, so i am thinking, back to what i originally thought, that i have a urethral prolapse or urethritis(which is common for ppl w/ herpes and my dh and i both have hsv2) sooo i am not sure. i just know that it hurts really bad, that it is swollen and weird looking, to both me and my mom, though my dh says it looks like it always has but no, it doesnt, and that when i pee i have to pee and then wait and then pee a tiny more to empty all the way, and im peeing a lot but i have always done that, but no burning or pain from actually peeing.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgonz880 View Post


  Is the hard mass you are feeling by your urethral opening or in the vagina?

 

~Diana 

 

 



 

mommyw is offline  
#1421 of 1505 Old 08-23-2011, 03:52 PM
 
dgonz880's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Antigo, WI
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyw View Post


it was right in the opening of the vagina. i havent been feeling up in there much the past few days bc im worried about causing infection bc im still spotting on and off, but i have been having a LOT of pain around the urethra and it is like the top part of the opening is normal but the bottom half of it(the bottom half of the urethral opening) is really swollen and red, so i am thinking, back to what i originally thought, that i have a urethral prolapse or urethritis(which is common for ppl w/ herpes and my dh and i both have hsv2) sooo i am not sure. i just know that it hurts really bad, that it is swollen and weird looking, to both me and my mom, though my dh says it looks like it always has but no, it doesnt, and that when i pee i have to pee and then wait and then pee a tiny more to empty all the way, and im peeing a lot but i have always done that, but no burning or pain from actually peeing.
 



 


Hmmmm, not sure what to think about that.  The post on here from sjpPOP about going to medhelp.org to post questions is a great resource.  I went and asked a question and a few hours later a urogyn answered my question.  So maybe head there and ask about this.  Here is a link, just have to sign up first before asking a question, but this is a great expert forum!  http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Pelvic-Organ-Prolapse-POP/show/1085?personal_page_id=2297232   Thank you sjpPOP for this resource!

 

~Diana
 

 

dgonz880 is offline  
#1422 of 1505 Old 08-24-2011, 09:46 AM
 
moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: here and there
Posts: 3,110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi!

Im sure the answer is probably hidden in this massive thread but what advice would you give and what resources would you recommend to a pregnant mama who would like to prevent a prolapse?

Also arethere any youtubes for the womens posture or any recommended excercises?

Thanks in advance!

heartbeat.gif

moss is offline  
#1423 of 1505 Old 08-25-2011, 11:18 AM
 
LionessMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,610
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i really like this~

 

http://journeytocrunchville.wordpress.com/2010/08/17/why-you-should-stop-doing-kegels/ 


Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
LionessMom is offline  
#1424 of 1505 Old 08-27-2011, 12:14 PM
 
dgonz880's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Antigo, WI
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post

hi!

Im sure the answer is probably hidden in this massive thread but what advice would you give and what resources would you recommend to a pregnant mama who would like to prevent a prolapse?

Also arethere any youtubes for the womens posture or any recommended excercises?

Thanks in advance!



Lots of info here too~ http://www.wholewoman.com/ 

 

dgonz880 is offline  
#1425 of 1505 Old 08-27-2011, 12:14 PM
 
AlaaJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:

Originally Posted by moss View Post

Also arethere any youtubes for the womens posture or any recommended excercises?

Thanks in advance!


here's the posture: http://www.youtube.com/user/WholeWomanInc#p/u/5/RvGROzIYN6w

 

 


 

 


joy.gif
"Paradise lies at the feet of mothers"
AlaaJ is offline  
#1426 of 1505 Old 09-04-2011, 11:15 AM
 
Joolz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hi mamas,

 

  hope it's ok that I join in! My backstory....I have 5 kids, 4 of them born within 5 yrs of each other long ago (they are teens). Never had any issues. I also have a 15 month old and just yesterday, when I went to the bathroom and wiped, I felt something at the opening. It was spongy and I thought, "wait, even though I just finished my period, I don't *think* i used a sea sponge this time" (thinking I left something inside). Nope, just me, spongy tissue. It is right at the opening and i can push it back up.  It doesn't go out past my outer labia at all. I don't have any discomfort sitting or anything and I think it was when I pushed for a BM.

DH and I dtd earlier in the week and neither of us noticed anything. Last night, to see if we noticed a difference, we dtd and both of us noticed. DH said it felt like a finger or something was there pressing against him. And to me, it felt slightly uncomfortable, like he was rubbing something raw. It is not at the top, but the bottom, so I don't know if it is uterine or rectocele (sp?).

Looking back, I realized it must have been coming for a while. PP, this is the only baby where I have some incontinence with twisting a certain way, laughing, etc. With my other kids, I had (and it never resolved) the sneezing/coughing incontinence only if I didn't tense before. This time, I can't feel it coming and even if I tense up, there have been times when I have all out wet myself instead of just a squirt. And I did that thru the pregnancy and PP with him. I have also had trouble with BMs sometimes. Like it never feels like I "finish" even though I am not constipated. I just chalked it up to the fact that it's hard to take a poo with a baby/toddler on your lap nursing/playing in the trash/screaming issues, lol.

His birth- he was small, 6lb 7oz and even though I got to 10, I didn't have the urge to push really too much. And when I pushed, it felt very ineffective. It was, unfortunately, a hospital birth (had to change plans at 36wks and he was born at 38) and though I was upright, there was a lot of yelling to push. I had had a huge bleed when I went into labor and so there were some concerns and it felt like my body gave up. Even though I was eating and drinking (in between pushing, even!), my uterus was exhausted. The doc practically went up there and pulled him out bc I was at the point at one time where I was pretending to push bc I just couldn't.

Not sure if that all played a part bc I did notice more incontinence and trouble with BMs even during the pregnancy, but never felt any prolapse until the yesterday. I had just chalked everything up to being older (I'm 40) and being my 5th baby.

 

I am working on getting the DVD rec'd on here for exercises (and ftr, I have never been able to do an effective kegel in my life. my body just doesn't seem to get it) and reading thewholewoman website.

I hope the exercises (and losing weight!) works bc I am not sure about a pessiary. I am really sensitive there (only can use sea sponges or all cotton re-usable tampons) so that worries me. Also, if it stays as such and gets better with exercise, I won't go to a doc.

 

Thanks for listening if you got this far, it helped to kind of talk it through! :)

Joolz is offline  
#1427 of 1505 Old 09-17-2011, 10:10 PM
 
Calliope84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Have you guys seen "A Walk to Beautiful"? It is on Netflix.

It really goes to show that "Natural Childbirth" does not mean everything will go just fine. Women all over the world have issues from giving birth... whether naturally or in a hospital on their backs. The women in this movie could have benefited from doctors helping them in birth.

 

POP is frustrating me lately and I have to realize it could be worse and also, that I'm not alone and this is just a part of being a woman and having children. I'm angry no one talks about it, though.

Calliope84 is offline  
#1428 of 1505 Old 09-20-2011, 08:16 PM
 
StellaNuova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Ladies, 

 

I'd like to join...I think I have a bladder prolapse...ugh. I am calling my docs/mw tomorrow. I am kind of bummed and was glad to find this thread. I guess we are not alone...no one does talk about this though...

 

Stella

StellaNuova is offline  
#1429 of 1505 Old 09-21-2011, 09:39 PM
 
mimi1585's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi.  I am new here.  Just found this support group searching the internet!  I am 26 years and have a 2 y/o daughter and was just diagnosed with a cystocele.  I could feel something pushing down into the top of my vagina.  I went to my chiropractor today and told him what my OBGYN said and he said he could do a grab and lift type of thing and get it bac up there for me.  Has anyone ever heard of this?  My OB never said how bad it is.  i can feel it most of the time pushing down a bit and is annoying and have some pelvic pain...I just started noticing this.  My daughter only weighed 6lbs 10oz.  and I tend to pick her up constantly , all 32lbs of her and have been moving furniture for my parents lately so maybe that didn't help.  But back to the chiropractor thing.  My mom and cousin are like maybe u should wait...what if he ruptures something...anyone know about this?  what do u think?  please help!  Thanks!

mimi1585 is offline  
#1430 of 1505 Old 09-24-2011, 08:54 PM
 
suezTB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies,

Obviously, very new here, found this particular thread while searching for information on uterine prolapse. Im very new to the subject, and just discovered my condition a few days ago. I have yet to see the doctor yet (my appointment is Monday afternoon), so I still have a lot of unanswered questions, even more fears and worries, and many concerns.

I am 24 years old, I have two children, a three year old boy and a five week old girl. My first weighed nine pounds five ounces, my second weighed nine pounds three ounces. I delivered both vaginally, but my second came hard and fast, delivered in eight minutes wwith five pushes. She delivered fullyy intact in the amniotic sac, my water never broke until the doctor knicked it as she was crowning. I did not feel like I was healing the same this time, so I decided to investigate, and found that when standing, my vaginal opening was completely blocked by flesh, and my cervix is only slightly inside.

I have so many questions about treatment options and what this means for the future. The thought of leaving it like this sounds awful, but the idea of surgery scares me to death, I have never had anyy type of surgery before. I feel so ashamed and embarassed, and I cry every time I think about it.
suezTB is offline  
#1431 of 1505 Old 09-24-2011, 09:00 PM
 
suezTB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies,

Obviously, very new here, found this particular thread while searching for information on uterine prolapse. Im very new to the subject, and just discovered my condition a few days ago. I have yet to see the doctor yet (my appointment is Monday afternoon), so I still have a lot of unanswered questions, even more fears and worries, and many concerns.

I am 24 years old, I have two children, a three year old boy and a five week old girl. My first weighed nine pounds five ounces, my second weighed nine pounds three ounces. I delivered both vaginally, but my second came hard and fast, delivered in eight minutes wwith five pushes. She delivered fullyy intact in the amniotic sac, my water never broke until the doctor knicked it as she was crowning. I did not feel like I was healing the same this time, so I decided to investigate, and found that when standing, my vaginal opening was completely blocked by flesh, and my cervix is only slightly inside.

I have so many questions about treatment options and what this means for the future. The thought of leaving it like this sounds awful, but the idea of surgery scares me to death, I have never had anyy type of surgery before. I feel so ashamed and embarassed, and I cry every time I think about it.
suezTB is offline  
#1432 of 1505 Old 09-26-2011, 03:16 AM
 
scottishmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in a little apartment
Posts: 1,077
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Mimi and Suez! Both of you need to know that POP is extremely common. It strikes over 90% of women who have given birth( there's a link to a study somewhere in this massive thread that shows this). So don't feel like a freak! There are a lot of treatment options available. A lot of moms here love the "hab-it" DVDs. Also check out www.katysay.com. I saw a physical therapist and loved it. I also find that chiropractic helps a lot.
Mimi- the heavy lifting probably aggravated your already existing POP. I'd do some inverted yoga poses to encourage it to go back up. I've never heard of the procedure your doctor and chiro are talking about, I'm curious though!
Suez- your POP will likely get a lot better. You are still in the very early stages of healing from childbirth. After everything tightens back up, you may not notice a thing.. Hang in there!

Wife to amazing dh, mama to dd 12/08
scottishmommy is offline  
#1433 of 1505 Old 10-01-2011, 06:26 PM
 
evefrances's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, well I think I've read this entire thread 15 times already and have to say that it has been sooo consoling and educational as well. I have a cystocele and rectocele approx. stage 2 since having an episode a few weeks ago where I had a lot of constipation and strained myself to POP.  Anyway, I'm being very pro-active now and have lined up a chiropractor, a Myan Message and am now taking estriol oil vaginally plus doing Kegels and taking Magnesium supplements 3 times a day which has basically "finally" solved my straining problem totally. I have always eaten correctly but this is what finally did the trick!! Yea. but had I known this before the big POP then I would be in far better shape. I've been living with a stage1-2 cysteole for many many years and it never even bothered me at all because it wasn't near my vaginal opening so I didn't notice it.

 

The reason I'm posting here is mainly to share. I found a link which has the very best information I've found yet and it is VERY positive for all of us. Please check this out. It is a life saver (really)

 

http://www.hersfoundation.com/docs/Prolapse.html

 

GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU MOMS AND POP QUEENS!!!

evefrances is offline  
#1434 of 1505 Old 10-05-2011, 11:58 PM
 
lil liah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hi diane sorry it took me so long to reply i dont come on here very often. my daughter is now 19 months. nothing much has changed although i am still breastfeeding. when i first found out i was sent to three different doctors including a specialist/surgeon and they all told me pretty much the same thing. a friend of mine who practices herbal and natural healing says i can heal myself, which i partially believe, its just seems so far off and im not sure... just trying to accept the new me and not feel ashamed sexually. honestly the worst part of it all is being loose and quiefing all the time, moving in my sleep, any stretching, etc. probably more info than you wanted but i can manage all the other symptoms and even a c section later and surgury. i just cant seem to get over being embarrassed by the two forementioned things. i cant imagine being with someone casually (sex) or how it would go meeting someone new and being intimate with them. its been almost a year since ive been with anyone sexually and i feel like my youth is slipping away

lil liah is offline  
#1435 of 1505 Old 01-17-2012, 08:48 AM
 
dzintars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies.  I was just diagnosed with mild POP.  I am 41 and have 4 kids (ages 2, 4, 6 and 8).  I am currently pretty fit and enjoy working out.  I do mostly pilates and a weight circuit with a lot of ab work.  My doctor just informed me I need to change what I am doing if I want to slow the progression of this thing down.  No more abs, no more pilates, no high impact anything.  I saw much further back in this thread that some ladies were continuing to do pilates to with the hopes of strengthening their pelvic floor muscles -- looking back, did that work?  Has anyone had POP for a while and continued to exercise? What seems to work for you in terms of staying fit but not aggravating the POP?  I definitely want to keep working out, but don't know what I can and can't do! And bathing suit season is right around the corner!!! AGHHH!

 

Thanks!

 

 

dzintars is offline  
#1436 of 1505 Old 01-22-2012, 08:12 AM
 
LionessMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,610
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i did lots of pilates ab work yoga core exercises. esp squats and lunges. completely erased my need to wear my supportive pessary.


Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
LionessMom is offline  
#1437 of 1505 Old 02-19-2012, 02:16 PM
 
Shanti9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I too have mixed feelings about Whole Woman. Christine Kent thinks she's the world's expert on the subject, and has a "one size fits all" approach to prolapse.  I appreciate that she's trying to prevent women from undergoing unnecessary surgery, which is great. On the other hand, she doesn't know very much about yoga, but has dissed people on her site who seem to have way more experience with yoga than she does, just because they aren't doing ONLY her program! Her exercise regime is pretty lame for anyone in good shape.  She's also really angry and defensive when anyone has success with anything other than her program, and she attacks people.  So go there and watch, but if you post stuff that has worked for you, but differs from her plan, be prepared to be put down by her.  I take what she says with a grain of salt.  Some of it makes sense, but she is not the be all and end all on the subject, although she believes she is.

Shanti9 is offline  
#1438 of 1505 Old 03-05-2012, 07:00 PM
 
tikifreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Can anyone tell me more about how chiropractic treats this? Like what is the actual visit like? 
And how is it different from seeing a pelvic floor therapist? 

AND which do you recommend? Or both?

 

Sorry, this is new territory to me and you all seem so well-informed.

tikifreak is offline  
#1439 of 1505 Old 04-29-2012, 12:46 AM
 
3daughters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Land of milk and honey
Posts: 1,556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does this sound like a partial uterine prolapse?

 

I have a copper iud and I've been checking my strings regularly so I know how my cervix usually feels.

 

About 2 weeks ago I noticed that my cervix feels low, enlarged, hard, fingertip dilated and has some bumps around the rim.  It hasn't changed or moved in this time period.

 

I'm 37, have had four vaginal births (two with episiotomy and two with slight tears) and my "baby" just turned 4.

3daughters is offline  
#1440 of 1505 Old 05-03-2012, 01:22 PM
 
Carol Zhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

There's been a lot recent controversy/lawsuits over transvaginal mesh, which was used to treat pop. Apparently, they were approved without clinical testing before they went on the market..

Carol Zhu is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off