DH doesn't want more kids. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-10-2008, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a horrible labor. Here's my story: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=919397

Now DH says he doesn't want more, mostly because of it. Period. If we have another child, it will be an accident, and he doesn't know if he could be happy about it. Heck, he was BARELY happy about this one, and isn't really enjoying parenting. I don't know how to help him heal - he's a distant guy to begin with.

Any tips?

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#2 of 6 Old 09-10-2008, 12:56 AM

What a birth story!

My advice to you is to give it some time. Like a year or two. Your baby is still really young and the memories are really fresh. You say your DH isn't enjoying parenting much-- as your baby gets older and more active that will (hopefully!) change.

I know my DH and I were not ready to even THINK about having another until DS turned about 18 months old-- and there was no traumatic birth story, either.

If I were you I'd drop the topic until you are well past the very difficult newborn phase. Re-evaluate in a year.

#3 of 6 Old 09-10-2008, 01:10 PM

hey, same ddc..

i remember when you fell cutting that log!

anyway...i'm the one in my relationship that doesn't want another baby because of the c-section. my husband is also kind of upset about it, he wanted three children.

i don't think i could take that kind of disappointment.

but we have decided to do what pp has already suggested...just drop the subject for a little while...until the pain and disappointment recedes a little.

living light husband wife loving life two sons to birth for our light loving earth. :
#4 of 6 Old 09-10-2008, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirp View Post
hey, same ddc..

i remember when you fell cutting that log!

anyway...i'm the one in my relationship that doesn't want another baby because of the c-section. my husband is also kind of upset about it, he wanted three children.

i don't think i could take that kind of disappointment.

but we have decided to do what pp has already suggested...just drop the subject for a little while...until the pain and disappointment recedes a little.

Hey!! How you been? How's your little boy?? It's funny, I'd almost forgotten about that stupid log.

I know how you feel about the c-section. Definitely.

It's probably smart to drop it for a while. I'm getting an IUD in today, so I guess it's going to be dropped anyways, for a little while at least.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#5 of 6 Old 09-14-2008, 12:13 AM

I just wanted to add that I dropped the idea of having another baby for years, then I got a surprise baby (and another surprise c/s - boo!!)

Best wishes Mama
#6 of 6 Old 09-14-2008, 08:11 PM

My DH felt the same way after DS1 was born. It was a very traumatic C-section birth and I nearly hemorraged to death. We did want more kids, but he was so terrified my entire second pregnancy, and he said that if my second birth turned out the same way the first did, that was going to be it for us. Luckily, my second birth was a wonderful, gentle homebirth, so now I guess I have the "green light" for more kids.

Give yourself and DH plenty of time before you write off more kids forever. I waited three years before we started TTCing again and DS2 was born three weeks shy of his brother's birthday. I wanted to be sure I had had plenty of time to process DS1's birth, and also to let my body heal.

And remember that no two births are alike. My two kids' entrances into this world could not have been more different, but they both came from the same body - mine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page