Psyche is healing, Vjayjay still broken! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-25-2008, 03:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had my LO 17 weeks ago. We planned a birth center birth and transferred to a hospital. It was hard and painful and awful, but I feel good about the transfer, the care I received throughout it all and the necessary interventions that allowed me to have a vag birth.

35 hours and more than 35 stitches took a toll on my naughty bits. I had a sarcus tear and my labia ripped open. TMI - sorry! My midwife and doctor did a great job of stitching me up (took longer than pushing and I felt every stitch).

Needless to say, 6 weeks PP was not enough to get back to normal. DH and I just tried to make love for the 4th time and were unsuccessful. Ouch does not say it!

My midwife said it could take up to a year for me to feel totally healed and even then will never feel the same.

When will I be able to make love? Dang!

Anyone else have this experience? I am feeling frigid! :

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#2 of 6 Old 10-25-2008, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

---feeling like an emu on acid---
#3 of 6 Old 10-25-2008, 08:39 PM

I had a similar REALLY bad tear..well, set of tears, I guess, they were EVERYWHERE...
It took us until 10 months PP to be able to actually have intercourse. We tried every month or so from about 3 months on, but it was always a no-go due to excruciating pain. At 10 months it was *possible*. at 18 months pp it was *nice*.

this time around, i tore badly again, but recovered much more quickly....honestly, I think waiting longer to try such that we were not REinjuring everything ever couple weeks was the KEY. We waited until 4ish months pp, which is when i *felt* like maybe things were okay...and it was. There was still extra tenderness, bordering on soreness until 6 months pp or so, but since then it has been basically normal.

CPST
#4 of 6 Old 10-26-2008, 12:25 AM

Give yorself plenty of time, I had a c/s (after 2 days of pushing though,) and I was sore for about 4mo. BF dryness hormones don't help either.

Elisha; happy, working, mountain/river/music, single mamma to Charlotte hearts.gif 03/16/08.      http://rivermamma.blogspot.com/

#5 of 6 Old 03-30-2009, 10:12 PM

One very wise friend of mine gave this advice: "inebriate and lubricate"

but ds is 6 mos, and it's just been in the past 4 weeks or so that even with a nice chianti and KY that I'm remotely comfortable.

Take your time, be patient. It'll get better.
#6 of 6 Old 03-30-2009, 10:24 PM

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page