Am I the only one??? (re: London) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-07-2005, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Am I the only one who thinks the timing of the London tragedy is terribly suspect??? Right during the G8 Londong gets bombed and it is not only blamed on but then claimed by terrorists and a muslim group??? WTF??

The news reported Blair and Bush standing side by side to claim that "they" shall not prevail. That we all need to be more vigilant. How utterly convenient, when the world has been focussing on ending poverty and pushing HARD for withdrawl from iraq. How completely perfect for the war monger politicians that this HORRID tragedy happened with such Perfect timing.

I would not put it past him for one second......arranging for this so he could further push his agenda. This wouldn't be the first time.

I am sickened.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2005, 02:15 PM

According to the latest polls in the US, the support for the war has declined. I suspect Bush & Blair hired some Muslims to do this. What better way to gain support? This is absolutly FALSE!!! Bush and Blair had NOTHING to do with these bombings. This is good timing by the terrorists to make some people think Bush and Blair are behind this - and they are NOT behind the bombings.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

ok, so what you are saying is you disagree with me. cool
that's you perogative.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:21 PM

I don't believe there has been any offical 'blame' set to any particular group at this time. It would be odd timing, in light of the G8, where the discussion is about making changes to help prevent terrorism in the future (God forbid we do the right thing because it's the right thing . . . there has to be something in it for us, but there you go).
Old 07-07-2005, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
how do you know bush/blair are not behind it? i can say i may think or not think they are but i do not know.
maya

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
Old 07-07-2005, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayviewbill33
According to the latest polls in the US, the support for the war has declined. I suspect Bush & Blair hired some Muslims to do this. What better way to gain support? This is absolutly FALSE!!! Bush and Blair had NOTHING to do with these bombings. This is good timing by the terrorists to make some people think Bush and Blair are behind this - and they are NOT behind the bombings.
Wow, so you're, like, in tight with the upper eschelons of government and know everything they do? Cool.

As to the OP, nothing surprises me. Nothing at all. It actually reminds me that I still need to read The New Pearl Harbor.

Homesteading Mama to homeschoolin' kiddos London (10) ; Alexander (8) :; Holden (5) :; and Sergei born at home 8/18/08
Old 07-07-2005, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
sasha girl empty your pm box, i wanna intro myslef...and to stay on topic
i would'nt put anything past bush.
maya

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
Old 07-07-2005, 02:36 PM

I was thinking (and this is just a theory), maybe Bush did it to spur Canadians into the war. Not that we have a great amount of force (did I say it was well thought-out?)... This poppped into my head when I read in another thread about Canadians jumping in to back the queen...
Old 07-07-2005, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian'smommaya
sasha girl empty your pm box, i wanna intro myslef...
Done.

Homesteading Mama to homeschoolin' kiddos London (10) ; Alexander (8) :; Holden (5) :; and Sergei born at home 8/18/08
Old 07-07-2005, 02:43 PM

So, Bush launched an attack in the most cosmopolitan city in the world, undoubtedly killing and maiming Americans, Candadians, and our allies, the Brits, for the sole purpose of bringing Canadians into the war?

I'm really not any kind of Bush supporter, but the idea he set this up is even a little too 'conspiracy theory' for me.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:47 PM

White feather wrote:
Quote:
So, Bush launched an attack in the most cosmopolitan city in the world, undoubtedly killing and maiming Americans, Candadians, and our allies, the Brits, for the sole purpose of bringing Canadians into the war?
nak

Without saying whether I agree or not with the speculation, IF such planning did occur you can be sure there was not a sole purpose. Inciting fear and anger is always a sought-after 'benefit' (from Bush's perspective) of such things and also just to vindicate Bush and Blair for starting this fraudulent war in the first place. Among other things.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:48 PM

What gets me is that they have now upped the terror alert on transportation here in America.

Do they really think who ever is behind this is THAT STUPID??????
If there was gonna be another attack it probably who have already happened beofre reports about London got out.

Prayers for everyone in London, especially the London MDCers
Old 07-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Kam

I must admit that my first thought on hearing this news was, "Damn. There goes all the attention on Africa and what we can do to help." I do feel very sorry about the event itself, obviously, but the timing just so sucks. For one day, I was actually feeling optimistic listening to the news.

As for whether Bush and Blair are responsible, I wouldn't put it past them to turn a blind eye to the threat of violence elsewhere, but actually causing death in the capital of all that's white and civilized? Not so much.

warmly,
Kam, mamamama! to Meg
Old 07-07-2005, 02:53 PM

well, I'll admit it wasn't well-thought out. I guess I just tend to blame Bush for every bad thing that happens... sorry.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:59 PM

That would be a really scary coincidence. I had not even thought about it, but, wow, I don't even know what to say. How scary if that were true.

To those lives lost today
Old 07-07-2005, 03:01 PM

Wow...that's a pretty big conspiracy theory...for a second, I thought perhaps Fox Mulder was ressurected... :LOL I'm not a fan of Bush, but I doubt this is some big conspiracy to rally support for the war. This is not to say this won't be a reason for them to start on the "see, we're doing the right thing by going to war...now let's fight harder" speal, but I doubt they had anything to do with planning and executing the bombings. I'm pretty sure Blair would not do that to his own people like that....at least not on their home soil.

It's just an awful tragedy and it shouldn't have happened. But I don't think Bush & Blair got together and decided to hire some people to do that.... Then again, I'm not really one for conspiracy theories either...

I do agree that the timing is odd...right during the Summit and the day after the location for the Olympics are named. I have no doubt that the timing was planned for that, and I wonder if Paris would have been the target if Paris was named the site for the Olympics. One never knows...

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
Old 07-07-2005, 03:21 PM

I don't think so.
prayers and thoughts to all

Natasha,Mum to many.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
Old 07-07-2005, 03:28 PM

I honestly don't know what to say to this thread... i mean, come on, Bush may not be the brightest light on the tree, and he may not have much compunction when it comes to unleashing the military -- but when it comes to blowing up "innocent" Westerners in Western cities, do we really need to grasp at those kind of straws for an explanation when we have groups of psychotic so-called Muslims all over the world who freely admit they are hell-bent on destroying every last one of us if it's the last thing they do? Let's not try so hard to read between the lines that we miss what is plainly written on the page!
Old 07-07-2005, 03:36 PM
SKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipporah
I honestly don't know what to say to this thread... i mean, come on, Bush may not be the brightest light on the tree, and he may not have much compunction when it comes to unleashing the military -- but when it comes to blowing up "innocent" Westerners in Western cities, do we really need to grasp at those kind of straws for an explanation when we have groups of psychotic so-called Muslims all over the world who freely admit they are hell-bent on destroying every last one of us if it's the last thing they do? Let's not try so hard to read between the lines that we miss what is plainly written on the page!
Old 07-07-2005, 03:36 PM

ITA Zipporah.

I'm quite dumbfounded at what I'm reading. Sickened, actually.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:53 PM

ITA Zipporah.

I'm quite dumbfounded at what I'm reading. Sickened, actually.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Banned

Quote:

That breeze y'all are feeling is a gust of sanity.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:00 PM

Quote:
That's what I was thinking... Some of the posters here don't think he's smart enough to tie his shoe, but they think he can mastermind an entire terrorist bombing? It just seems like a bunch of grasping at straws....

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
Old 07-07-2005, 04:09 PM

Not supporting any theories one way or another but... when it comes to blowing up innocent Easterners in Eastern cities... well Bush doesn't seem to have a problem with that. This administration seems to do what it wants regardless of who it kills.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:16 PM

Why do so many responses on threads seem to waayy oversimplify things and draw conclusions that were never stated?

Personally, I don't know if I think it is a conspiracy or not, I'd need to spend considerable time and quiet thinking to develop an opinion and I just don't have that luxury right now. But, it irritates me no end to see people twisting words and attributing much more than what was actually said.

The original poster said, she wouldn't put it past Bush "arranging for this" ... That is far from saying "masterminding an attack". It could simply mean that he knew of it and did nothing; or that he provided incentives, either wilfully or foolishly/ naively that resulted in increased opportunity for the terrorists to carry it out; or any range of things. Nobody has said they think that Bush executed the attack purely on his own and using his own brainpower (or lack thereof).

It is this sort of flippant response to legitimate speculation that is indicative of a knee-jerk support-our-leaders-at-any-cost mentality. I, for one, believe that it is possible to question authority, exercise skepticism, and even indulge in a few conspiracy theory hypotheses while still being good, patriotic Americans/ citizens.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:20 PM

:
Old 07-07-2005, 04:21 PM

I am not going to address the idea that this was the act of any government. So please, don't read anything into what I am about to say. Read only the words.

Those people who warn, who cry out, who scream out whenever these attacks occur that they are a result of, a reaction to our actions are not traitors. They are not heartless, they do not hate their fellow Americans, British citizens or the victims anywhere these attacks occur. IN fact, most often their reaction comes from a place of deep compassion, of love, of a value for human life that truly, yes truly, yes truly extends beyond love for and valuing of the lives of people who look like them, who speak their language who share a similar culture and value system. It comes from a love that embraces a the true principle of the value of human life regardless of race, or ethnicity, or religion or lack thereof.

And from that foundation stems a deep frustration and anger that so many people can simultaneously claim to hold the same value on human life, but react only with excuses, or lies, or ignorance of history and the present when the human life of those who do not look like us, or share our exact view of the world, or speak our language when those lives are taken or shattered daily. They are just as outraged as you are, just as saddened and angered and often are victims who have lost loved ones to these attacks as well. What they recognize is that people, human beings don't wake up one morning and decide that mass murder would be a fun thing to do. If these so-called Muslim terrorists are so hell bent on destroying the "infidel" as you all like to repeat over and over and over again, then why aren't these attacks against China? Has not CNN taught us that those who have no faith at all considered worst than people of the book, Christians and Jews in this alleged theology of terror? Why no attacks on Japan, why not repeated attacks against Korea? Why no chants of Al Mawt al South Africa or Marg Bar Cuba, Death to Brazil? Down with Canada? Get the evil infidels in Mexico. Why is it that the focus of these attacks are most often against countries that have acted as colonial powers in those parts of the world? That have had a direct and lasting negative impact on the lives of these people?

If we refuse to even recognize the result of our endless quest for capital and the economic subjugation of peoples throughout the world and the hatred that it has inspired in the poor and downtrodden ALL OVER the world, then we will never be able to solve the problem. Muslims are constantly being told to clean up our own yards so that others don't have to suffer the consequences of our rubbish, smell the stench our dirty laundry. All the while these very prophets preaching purity defecate across the world and expect those who have to live in the stench to be grateful. Everyone has some dirty laundry to clean or everyone will continue suffer the stench of charred or rotting human flesh.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:31 PM

: : : :
Old 07-07-2005, 04:34 PM

In defense of the Bush administration, regardless of whether or not they had a hand in this, if you look at the worst things they've done and how many people died as a result, this wouldn't make their top ten list.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:37 PM

Quote:
In defense of the Bush administration, regardless of whether or not they had a hand in this, if you look at the worst things they've done and how many people died as a result, this wouldn't make their top ten list.
Ummm.... Huh? : "In DEFENSE of...." ???

Edited to add: I 'get it' now.

User Tag List