Mothering Forum banner

Black and White Twin Girls- AMAZING!

2K views 79 replies 60 participants last post by  erniebobernie 
#1 ·
#3 ·
That is just AMAZING.
I had heard of cases where there were two different fathers etc. .
But these babies have the same biological parents, and just had a very unique gene combination. Amazing .I had only the vaguest notion that this phenomenon existed.
How cool is that.

#5 ·
A few years ago (at least 10 or so) they had a show on Dateline NBC or PrimeTime, or something like that, about a white lady who had black & white twin boys. The white father just knew he couldn't be the father of the black baby, so he wanted the baby tested. Only after the test came back, did it reveal that he wasn't the father to the black baby, only the white baby. AND then did the mother come clean that she did have an affair, and had to have 2 eggs released, and the black man fathered one baby, and the husband fathered the other. It happened in England. Weirdest story. The father divorced seeking custody of the white child.

#7 ·
Heidi, there have been more than a couple of those incidents, surprisingly (or not!). The most well-known that I can think of are the Dutch twins where in 1993, white housewife Wilma Stuart gave birth to two children, one black, one white, after receiving mixed sperm from a poorly sterilized pipette. The black father chose not to contest custody of his biological child.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9438648/

But, those girls are amazing!

#12 ·
Yeah, I believe it too. I have to admit, at first I was sceptical, but when you look at the photo at a bigger size, the two girls have a lot of similarities in the facial structure- the nose & face shape in particular. Also, if you look closely, the blonde child has very tightly curled hair like her dark haired sister. I find genetics fascinating (not just on the human level, but for all living things), & it's really neat when an event like this occurs within our own species. Beautiful kids.

#17 ·
What a beautiful family.

I believe it. They are clearly fraternal, and there are two fair skinned grandparents and two brown skinned grandparents involved.

There is an American actress named Victoria something from the Young and the Restless. She is brown skinned and looks African American. But she had one white parent, and she gave birth to a blond daughter.

Well I believe it's entirely possible, I wasn't there, LOL.

#18 ·
I believe it! They're fraternal twins, same as any other set of siblings. I have cousins who have a black father and their mom (my aunt) is white. The oldest brother and the sister both are blonde/blue eyed with "black features". The middle brother is darker complected/hair and eyes with "white features". And yes, they all have the same dad as she had a paternity test done when they divorced.

#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Momtwice
What a beautiful family.

I believe it. They are clearly fraternal, and there are two fair skinned grandparents and two brown skinned grandparents involved.

There is an American actress named Victoria something from the Young and the Restless. She is brown skinned and looks African American. But she had one white parent, and she gave birth to a blond daughter.

Well I believe it's entirely possible, I wasn't there, LOL.
yeah, but her daughter's father is a white man and she is, I believe, half white. her daughter is so fair because she is only one quarter black.

I did look closely at the picture and that's actually when I decided that I didn't believe it.

#22 ·
My friend is a blonde caucasian and her DH is Filipino. They have a DD who is blonde and doesn't look like a filipina at all and their son is totally filipino...

I always wonder if when the DD grows up and marries, lets say a white man, and ends up having a Filipino looking baby. Genetics are very interesting...

#24 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LotusBirthMama
My friend is a blonde caucasian and her DH is Filipino. They have a DD who is blonde and doesn't look like a filipina at all and their son is totally filipino...

I always wonder if when the DD grows up and marries, lets say a white man, and ends up having a Filipino looking baby. Genetics are very interesting...
I thought it only worked one way. It is possible for two darker skinned people to have a lighter skinned baby because they each could have recessive traits. However, it is not possible for two lighter skinned people to have a darker skinned child because darker skin is dominant and will always be expressed if someone has the gene(s) for it. It works the same way with light eyes/hair. Someone tell me if I'm wrong, but that's the way I thought it worked.

#26 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PrettyBird
I thought it only worked one way. It is possible for two darker skinned people to have a lighter skinned baby because they each could have recessive traits. However, it is not possible for two lighter skinned people to have a darker skinned child because darker skin is dominant and will always be expressed if someone has the gene(s) for it. It works the same way with light eyes/hair. Someone tell me if I'm wrong, but that's the way I thought it worked.

sometimes not. my son is blonde haired and blue eyed and his daddy is dark skinned dark hair and eyes (hispanic). My family is dark hair and eyes, I am one of two blonde/blue in the family.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.