Osama bin Laden + Economic Crisis - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-06-2008, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So it ocurred to me the other day that Osama bin Laden must feel quite a sense of satisfaction about our current economic crisis. Remember how he said his plan was to take us down financially--hence the reason for hitting the World Trade Towers?

Oh, look....*they* didn't forget, they released a video over the weekend: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081005/...american_video

So do you think there's a "Mission Accomplished" banner hanging over a cave somewhere?

I haven't heard much (if anything) about this lately? Anyone else? Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey's mom View Post
So it ocurred to me the other day that Osama bin Laden must feel quite a sense of satisfaction about our current economic crisis. Remember how he said his plan was to take us down financially--hence the reason for hitting the World Trade Towers?

Oh, look....*they* didn't forget, they released a video over the weekend: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081005/...american_video

So do you think there's a "Mission Accomplished" banner hanging over a cave somewhere?

I haven't heard much (if anything) about this lately? Anyone else? Thoughts?
How about not hearing much about him period. It makes me so angry that 9/11 got turned into a big political game and yet Bin Laden is still out there and we went to war with Iraq.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:48 PM

I don't even know where to begin, it makes me so mad! This is exactly what he wanted, and this administration basically handed to him on a silver platter! What a friggin joke! Now, fathers are killing their families and themselves, a woman killed herself in OH the other day as sheriffs were evicting her from her forclosed home! Osama bin Laden is very happy, I'm sure

Kelly : mama to Austin and Isabella Wife to Rockin'Rollin'Rick :
Old 10-06-2008, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, it made me mad that he was just sort of brushed under the carpet to begin with.

And now this. And no reassurances about it. No mention of it. Nothing. Like we're all supposed to forget (and I know I practically did--it hit me out of the blue). While our fearless leader(s) just pretend like everything's fine and we're really doing a SUPER DUPER job over there in Iraq, dontcha know? :

I just remember thinking it was such a ridiculous thought that terrorists were talking about waiting for our economy to just collapse. And now look. Who would've thought!
Old 10-06-2008, 11:06 PM

Quote:
I just remember thinking it was such a ridiculous thought that terrorists were talking about waiting for our economy to just collapse. And now look. Who would've thought!
Yes, but unless terrorists were buying and selling mortgage derivatives, they failed in that mission and we accomplished it ourselves instead IMO. "We have seen the enemy and he is us."

Happy with my DH, 2 kids, dog, fish, and frogs
Old 10-06-2008, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it made me mad that he was just sort of brushed under the carpet to begin with.

And now this. And no reassurances about it. No mention of it. Nothing. Like we're all supposed to forget (and I know I practically did--it hit me out of the blue). While our fearless leader(s) just pretend like everything's fine and we're really doing a SUPER DUPER job over there in Iraq, dontcha know? :

I appreciated that Obama kept bringing it up in the last debate.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviesMom View Post
Yes, but unless terrorists were buying and selling mortgage derivatives, they failed in that mission and we accomplished it ourselves instead IMO. "We have seen the enemy and he is us."
Oh, yeah, I don't mean to imply that this crisis is the direct handiwork of terrorists, but our responses to 9/11 certainly played a part.

Our President urged us to combat them by shopping. Our gov't responded by continuing to lower interest rates. All so we could bury ourselves further and further in debt and continue to prop up an economy that they had to know was a house of cards.

It just seems so ironic and sad to look back at it. And to know that Bin Laden and his people are having a great laugh at our situation. We didn't prevail, you know?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:01 AM

It is sad, and sick and twisted that we and more specifically the banking industry brought this down on our/themselves. I heard This American Life the other day on NPR and it explained it extremely well... And its just made me sick. Especially since we're now giving those *SAME* people another 700 BILLION - cause' you know, they've done soooo well with all the money that they 'earned' themselves. Ugh.

My dad says he's heard for years that the republicans whole point was to spend us into such debt that we simply couldn't afford any social programs - so now, even if Obama gets elected he won't be able to do jack because he won't have *ANY* money for *ANYTHING*!!
Old 10-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Banned

nah, where ever he is, I get the feeling he feels nothing but satisfaction.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:55 PM

I think it's the looney, insanely rich white boys who are wearing sh*t grins at this point.

It was all a set-up. We all fell for it.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinginMamaTo2 View Post
... a woman killed herself in OH the other day as sheriffs were evicting her from her forclosed home!
OT, but she didn't die. She shot herself in the chest, but is expected to recover. And her mortgage is being forgiven. cnn
Old 10-07-2008, 04:08 PM

On Real Time w/ Bill Maher this past week, he had Christianne Amanpour on and she said she talked to someone that is close to Bin Laden and that he is not in a cave at all, but in a villa, living the good life.

Like posted above, Bin Laden's goal was to take us down by US taking ourselves down, financially. He is succeeding. His whole goal was to have us spend trillions of dollars in an unjust war that would cripple us. Mission Accomplished!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

Old 10-07-2008, 08:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I heard Amanpour say that about Bin Laden on Friday night.

But earlier that day I had down loaded an interview Terri Gross from Fresh Air (NPR) and she interviewed the CIA operative who is the model for George Clooney character in Syrianna. Anyway, he was in Iraq and Iran for years and years in the CIA..and he is still has ties to cia and his friends all say the same thing, they think he is dead. One other thing he mentioned is that Bin Laden can't color his beard because of religion rules. We have not heard from him in a long time and I think it is because he's dead.
probably died of his own bad health. not us.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 10-07-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
One other thing he mentioned is that Bin Laden can't color his beard because of religion rules.
That is not at all true.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:32 PM

You know the government has done alot to make a bad situation even worse. However, you do have to place some financial problems on the consumer. I mean do we really need TV's in every room. Does everyone really need to walk/drive everywhere with cell phones dangling from the ears. Do people really need the big SUV, big house, etc, etc, etc. The government only made getting these items easier (with easy credit), no one made people spend to excess.

As far as Bin Laden goes, he needed to be found and brought to justice. Invading Iraq sure taught him a lesson. Good grief. This useless war on terror needs to be stopped.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquesce View Post
That is not at all true.
you may be right. I was just saying what the CIA guy said.

I just googled it and frankly I got mixed answers and I didn't like any of the websites. So, sure maybe you are right and he is wrong.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 10-08-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
you may be right. I was just saying what the CIA guy said.
Oh, I know. Sorry, not trying to be a know-it-all nudge ... I just get a little tired of miscellaneous "experts" just repeating something they were told or once read somewhere. I mean the CIA guy, not you.

Besides, if OBL were the kind of guy to take everything at face value, you'd think that whole "you don't intentionally kill civilians in warfare" thing would come into play a lot sooner than anything about whether or not a little Grecian Formula was ok.

That said, I agree it's entirely possible he's not alive ... although it seems like whenever everyone starts feeling confident of that he pops up again, so who knows. Though I can't even remember when his last video referencing current events appeared.

I do worry that with all these stories about where he is and what he's doing, etc, he's starting to become an almost storybook character in American life.

User Tag List